Broken (unobtainable) medals

I have met the requirements for along of these medals in-numerous times but they will not unlock.

Broken medals still not fixed and currently unattainable even when requirements are met:

1. Triple Threat medal; Description: Get a kill with a gun, a grenade, and a melee in a single round

2. Buzzer Beater medal; Description: Kill the last enemy within the last 10 seconds of a round

All other medals are obtainable; although some are harder to unlock than they appear by their descriptions. You can refer to the medals that I have unlocked on my Service Record to verify that every other medal is obtainable because I have gotten all the others at least once.

> 2625759425619671;1:
> I have met the requirements for along of these medals in-numerous times. I have all of the medals in Halo 5 except for the three that are still broken.
>
> Broken medals still not fixed and currently unattainable even when requirements are met:
>
> 1) Extermination medal
> 2) Triple Threat medal
> 3) Buzzer Beater medal

Also sayonara and airassassination are broken

> 2535438426093974;2:
> > 2625759425619671;1:
> > I have met the requirements for along of these medals in-numerous times. I have all of the medals in Halo 5 except for the three that are still broken.
> >
> > Broken medals still not fixed and currently unattainable even when requirements are met:
> >
> > 1) Extermination medal
> > 2) Triple Threat medal
> > 3) Buzzer Beater medal
>
>
> Also sayonara and airassassination are broken

I got them… They are glitchy and very difficult to unlock however technically they are obtainable

> 2625759425619671;3:
> > 2535438426093974;2:
> > > 2625759425619671;1:
> > > I have met the requirements for along of these medals in-numerous times. I have all of the medals in Halo 5 except for the three that are still broken.
> > >
> > > Broken medals still not fixed and currently unattainable even when requirements are met:
> > >
> > > 1) Extermination medal
> > > 2) Triple Threat medal
> > > 3) Buzzer Beater medal
> >
> >
> > Also sayonara and airassassination are broken
>
>
> I got them… They are glitchy and very difficult to unlock however technically they are obtainable

Oh okay, didn’t know that

> 2535438426093974;4:
> > 2625759425619671;3:
> > > 2535438426093974;2:
> > > > 2625759425619671;1:
> > > > I have met the requirements for along of these medals in-numerous times. I have all of the medals in Halo 5 except for the three that are still broken.
> > > >
> > > > Broken medals still not fixed and currently unattainable even when requirements are met:
> > > >
> > > > 1) Extermination medal
> > > > 2) Triple Threat medal
> > > > 3) Buzzer Beater medal
> > >
> > >
> > > Also sayonara and airassassination are broken
> >
> >
> > I got them… They are glitchy and very difficult to unlock however technically they are obtainable
>
>
> Oh okay, didn’t know that

Yeah, I mean a lot of people still think they are unobtainable but technically you can actually get them. I think I only have 2 of each (Sayonara and Airssassination medals), even though I actually thought that I was completing the requirements numerous times for those two, “Glitchy,” medals, for lack of better words. Thing is, your character can conduct the Airssassination animation all you want and it won’t actually count as an Airsassination medal UNLESS you and the enemy both jump at exactly the right time… I think that’s pretty frustrating for anyone trying to complete the medals and arguably “broken,” but you can and will still get the medal when both jumps are timed just right. Sayonara is quite unusually buggy on the other hand, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why these medals will seldemely register (if ever)… At least no definitive rhyme or reason that I know of at this time, anyway.

Either way, the three completely unattainable medals are still: 1) Exterminator, 2) Triple Threat, and 3) Buzzer Beater. What’s strange is that 2/3 of these are exclusive to Breakout, for which this game mode’s medals were actually tuned in a previous update. However that update only fixed one unattainable Breakout medal (one for getting a kill in the first ten seconds), but didn’t touch the other two broken Breakout Out achievements.

¿Some Clip about how to make sayonara?

Sayonara doesn’t work because the enemy has to be “killed by the Guardians” and you have to be awarded said kill for it to trigger the medal. However, no map uses those types of deaths in normal gameplay, but rather hard-coded killzones, so you cant get it by normal means.

Airsassination works, it’s just that both of you have to jump and initiate the assassination. You can’t lunge “up” into midair at a midair enemy to trigger it.

Extermination is broken, as it worked in the beta. 343 acknowledged they’re looking into fixing this medal in my thread about this issue.

As for the breakout medal for killing an enemy within the first 10 seconds of a round; it was never broken. The 10 seconds is inclusive of the 6-7 seconds it takes to jump from the platform so you only get like 3 seconds to kill someone once you land.

> 2533274795739611;7:
> Sayonara doesn’t work because the enemy has to be “killed by the Guardians” and you have to be awarded said kill for it to trigger the medal. However, no map uses those types of deaths in normal gameplay, but rather hard-coded killzones, so you cant get it by normal means.
>
> As for the breakout medal for killing an enemy within the first 10 seconds of a round; it was never broken. The 10 seconds is inclusive of the 6-7 seconds it takes to jump from the platform so you only get like 3 seconds to kill someone once you land.

Thanks for taking the time to offer your insight.

I just want to interject that if you check my service record you’ll notice that I have actually obtained the Sayonara Medal… And I’ve seen others who have gotten this medal as well. So it can be obtained but it’s very rare to get. I’m not sure where you at getting the information regarding the Sayonara Medal description either. According to Waypoint, the Sayonara Medal is unlocked when you, “Damage an enemy before they fall to their death.” There’s nothing there regarding the need to use the guardians so could you please provide a source on that? Again, I have gotten this medal twice by following the unlock description that’s on waypoint.
Also as I stated in my previous post in this thread- the Breakout Medal you’re referring to has been already been fixed. This medal is called: Fast Break; Description: Get a kill within the first 10 seconds of a round. Again, the Fast Break medal is NO LONGER broken because it was fixed months ago in a previous update- I have 55 Fast Break medals and I don’t even play a lot of Break Out. That’s not the one that I reported as being broken so perhaps you misread what I posted in the Original Thread.

To reiterate, the two Breakout medals that are still unobtainable are:

1. Triple Threat - Description: Get a kill with a gun, a grenade, and a melee in a single round

and

1. Buzzer Beater - Description: Kill the last enemy within the last 10 seconds of a round

> 2625759425619671;8:
> > 2533274795739611;7:
> > Sayonara doesn’t work because the enemy has to be “killed by the Guardians” and you have to be awarded said kill for it to trigger the medal. However, no map uses those types of deaths in normal gameplay, but rather hard-coded killzones, so you cant get it by normal means.
> >
> > As for the breakout medal for killing an enemy within the first 10 seconds of a round; it was never broken. The 10 seconds is inclusive of the 6-7 seconds it takes to jump from the platform so you only get like 3 seconds to kill someone once you land.
>
>
> Thanks for taking the time to offer your insight.
>
> I just want to interject that if you check my service record you’ll notice that I have actually obtained the Sayonara Medal… And I’ve seen others who have gotten this medal as well. So it can be obtained but it’s very rare to get. I’m not sure where you at getting the information regarding the Sayonara Medal description either. According to Waypoint, the Sayonara Medal is unlocked when you, “Damage an enemy before they fall to their death.” There’s nothing there regarding the need to use the guardians so could you please provide a source on that? Again, I have gotten this medal twice by following the unlock description that’s on waypoint.

It’s because the people you were awarded the kill on were killed by the guardians. There’s places that people can hide on maps or get out of the maps in Matchmaking where you can inadvertently get killed by the guardians. If they were damaged and were rushed to get out of the map and subsequently died from hitting those trigger points, then you were awarded the Sayonara medal. I have 1. I got it when someone got out of the map on Overgrowth before it was patched and I damaged him while he was outside the map and accidentally touched a spot in the map that got him Killed by the Guardians. I was awarded the kill and a Sayonara medal. That’s all it takes. I know of those types of spots on other maps, such as Coliseum where this can happen as well. I can get under the map and there’s spots like that as well.

> 2533274795739611;9:
> > 2625759425619671;8:
> > > 2533274795739611;7:
> > > Sayonara doesn’t work because the enemy has to be “killed by the Guardians” and you have to be awarded said kill for it to trigger the medal. However, no map uses those types of deaths in normal gameplay, but rather hard-coded killzones, so you cant get it by normal means.
> > >
> > > As for the breakout medal for killing an enemy within the first 10 seconds of a round; it was never broken. The 10 seconds is inclusive of the 6-7 seconds it takes to jump from the platform so you only get like 3 seconds to kill someone once you land.
> >
> >
> > Thanks for taking the time to offer your insight.
> >
> > I just want to interject that if you check my service record you’ll notice that I have actually obtained the Sayonara Medal… And I’ve seen others who have gotten this medal as well. So it can be obtained but it’s very rare to get. I’m not sure where you at getting the information regarding the Sayonara Medal description either. According to Waypoint, the Sayonara Medal is unlocked when you, “Damage an enemy before they fall to their death.” There’s nothing there regarding the need to use the guardians so could you please provide a source on that? Again, I have gotten this medal twice by following the unlock description that’s on waypoint.
>
>
> It’s because the people you were awarded the kill on were killed by the guardians. There’s places that people can hide on maps or get out of the maps in Matchmaking where you can inadvertently get killed by the guardians. If they were damaged and were rushed to get out of the map and subsequently died from hitting those trigger points, then you were awarded the Sayonara medal. I have 1. I got it when someone got out of the map on Overgrowth before it was patched and I damaged him while he was outside the map and accidentally touched a spot in the map that got him Killed by the Guardians. I was awarded the kill and a Sayonara medal. That’s all it takes. I know of those types of spots on other maps, such as Coliseum where this can happen as well. I can get under the map and there’s spots like that as well.

Okay, well that does makes sense for Sayonara but do you happen to also have a source to confirm this? I don’t recall how I got my two Sayonara medals to be honest, but I do know that one happened on Stormbreak in Warzone and another on a Breakout map- I shot the enemies a couple times and they fell off… Then I got the Sayonara medal. Nothing spectacular to report about them otherwise

So I received a message on XBL today indicating that apparently the Extermination Medal is now obtainable (A friend claims to have gotten it in Action Sack). I’m going to be trying to get this medal as well and will adjust the OT if it’s fixed!!

UPDATE: According to his service record (The DA0) he has 8 Extermination medals already so I’m scratching this one off the list. No one that I know of has gotten the Buzzer Beater or Triple Threat medals so these are the only two remaining unobtainable medals that I know of at this time. Thank you 343i for fixing this one, along with several other broken medals along the way!!! Only two more to go!! :smiley:

UPDATE 2: I got two Extermination Medals today while playing Husky Raid on Action Sack. This medal is confirmed to be OBTAINABLE.

Dont forget Ballsasination and sayonara.

I got an AIRassassination on an enemy that was stabilizing himself in the air

Are the Triple Threat and Buzzer Beater medals still unobtainable?

> 2533274795739611;7:
> Sayonara doesn’t work because the enemy has to be “killed by the Guardians” and you have to be awarded said kill for it to trigger the medal. However, no map uses those types of deaths in normal gameplay, but rather hard-coded killzones, so you cant get it by normal means.

Not sure that’s exactly how that works since I’ve gotten one from a banshee bomb kill before. Clip here (excuse my awful piloting skills)

> 2535438002035715;6:
> ¿Some Clip about how to make sayonara?

Not sure why I got it but, I’ve posted a clip of mine above.

I got the Sayonara medal by driving an enemy off the map in a warthog. They were in the gunner position and as we were going off, I thought they would jump out but they switched seats to the passenger side. One item to note is that it took me a few tries.

As far as Triple Threat and Buzzer Beater, I’m not sure those medals are possible.

As of this moment, The Triple Threat and Buzzer Beater are still glitched. They have been since day 1. They do not work in any way what-so-ever. I’ve confirmed it multiple times in both the ranked Breakout playlist, the Action Sack playlist (Tank World, Paintball, Mantis Breakout) and the re-addition of the new-for-a-limited-time-only Extermination playlist. I’ve killed everyone from the entire team in the last 10 seconds as a 1v4 (teammates were dead) and I’ve killed the last guy in a 4v1 (and even a 1v1) in the last 10 seconds just in case it was obtained in a very particular way. Still no Buzzer Beater. The Triple Threat is hard but not impossible, yet it also doesn’t work when I played ranked Breakout, Extermination, and the Paintball gametype in Action Sack.

While it doesn’t help to complain too much about trying to get this bug fixed, I really wish it would just be touched up by a dev who has an hour or two to debug it.

As for the Sayonara medal, luckily there are a few youtube tutorials that show you how to get one. Aozolai currently has the best way to get it by using the hide-away glitch on Battle of Noctus, check his channel out.

Personally, I don’t hold much hope the other medals will be patched before another Halo game comes out, but I could be wrong.

Final Note: Since the oddball gametype has been removed from HCS (I agree with their decision to do that, but that’s another argument for another thread), there is absolutely no way to get any oddball medals currently. There is also something that changed before Oddball was taken out: No more 1-hit-melees while holding Oddball. This makes the Smooth Moves medal (Get a triple kill with the Oddball) INCREDIBLY more difficult to get without boosting. If and when the Oddball playlist returns, I’ll be trying my hardest to get this medal next but the only feasible way I can probably obtain it is if Oddball is a social playlist and I’m matched up against 4 potatoes/noobs.

I heard one way to get sayonara, is if you have an enemy jump into your warthog drive off a cliff.

> 2533274843446007;18:
> I heard one way to get sayonara, is if you have an enemy jump into your warthog drive off a cliff.

I got one a week and a half ago by hijacking a banshee while the driver flew us out of bounds. We both died, but I got the medal. Also I got one like 2 years ago because an enemy fell through the bottom of a WZ map somehow.

That’s because Sayonara looks for enemies dying via Killed by the Guardians and you being awarded the kill for it. Death barriers are mostly used and thus don’t award the medal when triggered this way. (If you die and it says suicide, those are hard-core death zones, not Killed by the Guardians deaths.)