Broken Nose

In the first look trailer, it shows a person making a facial expression and the base of the nose goes up. Its not a big problem, but it is weird and unrealistic.

Thoughts??

And now were complaining about pre-game facial expressions.

Seriously, are youy guys trolling or something now? I dont think ive heard ONE thing anyone liked about Halo 4, just irrational complaints.

> And now were complaining about pre-game facial expressions.
>
>
> Seriously, are youy guys trolling or something now? I dont think ive heard ONE thing anyone liked about Halo 4, just irrational complaints.

wow calm down man, he can state his opinion…

and OP, i did the expression in the mirror in my nose goes up :slight_smile:

It’s just them showing off what they’re doing for the game… It’s not like they use everything they do…

At one point, it shows mocap pegs all over an actor’s face… I don’t know if mocap was used for the nose-wrinkle, but if so, then it’s realistic but unintuitive. :\

>
>
> Seriously, are youy guys trolling or something now? I dont think ive heard ONE thing anyone liked about Halo 4, just irrational complaints.

Well, that’s a little harsh. Personally, I think this thread offers some nice variety. :\

>
>

The graphics are amazing, the face looks almost real, in fact, I think Halo4 is going to look almost as good as Halo Wars cut-scenes. Hows that? Its just that nose that bothers me.

> and OP, i did the expression in the mirror in my nose goes up :slight_smile:

Put your finger under the base of your nose, touch the bone in between your nostrils, now scrunch your nose like in the video. You’ll notice that your noses base does not move at all.

I don’t know about you, but I liked Kats expressions when planning out Noble Teams attack using Emiles megaknife! “Thank you for sharing.”
AWESOME! I can’t wait!

> Put your finger under the base of your nose, touch the bone in between your nostrils, now scrunch your nose like in the video. You’ll notice that your noses base does not move at all.

I think it might vary from face to face. The nose is cartilage, not bone, so if someone’s, eh, nosehole is a bit larger than their actual nose, the nose could shift a bit.

> At one point, it shows mocap pegs all over an actor’s face… I don’t know if mocap was used for the nose-wrinkle, but if so, then it’s realistic but unintuitive. :
>
>
>
> > And now were complaining about pre-game facial expressions.
> >
> >
> > Seriously, are youy guys trolling or something now? I dont think ive heard ONE thing anyone liked about Halo 4, just irrational complaints.
>
> Well, that’s a little harsh. Personally, I think this thread offers some nice variety. :\

Sorry, i can see where the OP is coming from. But i think we can all agree, that most of the threads on the forum are negative, bashing Halo 4 for small imperfections. I guess im getting a little tired of all the complaining threads.

Anyways, i dont see it as a major problem, but i think 343i will fix those polishing needs. They still have over 5 months. Dont worry OP.

BTW my nose base moves. It could be from my nasal septum deviation though =/

> > And now were complaining about pre-game facial expressions.
> >
> >
> > Seriously, are youy guys trolling or something now? I dont think ive heard ONE thing anyone liked about Halo 4, just irrational complaints.
>
> wow calm down man, he can state his opinion…
>
> and OP, i did the expression in the mirror in my nose goes up :slight_smile:

Vid or it didn’t happen. Sarcasm aside, the animation may not even be used in game, but it looked pretty natural to me.

I don’t really care abot the nose in the trailer but if you have read the game informer article about halo 4 it is a call of duty gone wrong and i hate cod. So first they add custom classes and then also make it where weapons aren’t on the map to begin with ,they spawn in drops. So right there is the end of lower ranks standing a chance of slight survival. Yes the coop campaign multiplayer missions are a good idea ,but still back to regular multiplayer the forerunner vision is a horrible idea ,anybody who has that is going to be on top of the scoreboard. My last complaint is of the stupidity of 343 for even trying to do this.

> I don’t really care abot the nose in the trailer but if you have read the game informer article about halo 4 it is a call of duty gone wrong and i hate cod. So first they add custom classes and then also make it where weapons aren’t on the map to begin with ,they spawn in drops. So right there is the end of lower ranks standing a chance of slight survival. Yes the coop campaign multiplayer missions are a good idea ,but still back to regular multiplayer the forerunner vision is a horrible idea ,anybody who has that is going to be on top of the scoreboard. My last complaint is of the stupidity of 343 for even trying to do this.

Welcome to the forums.

Just another complainer who’s judging the game without even playing it.

> > Put your finger under the base of your nose, touch the bone in between your nostrils, now scrunch your nose like in the video. You’ll notice that your noses base does not move at all.
>
> I think it might vary from face to face. The nose is cartilage, not bone, so if someone’s, eh, nosehole is a bit larger than their actual nose, the nose could shift a bit.

Agreed, there is no bone in your nose, it’s mostly cartilage, and it’s hardness depends on your genes and what not.

plus, if they’re using motion capture for faces, and they got the dots on the fact, guess what, the model is going to move weird, because the dots are attached to the skin, not the bones, so things are going to move a little.

> I don’t really care abot the nose in the trailer

Ok, then go post in another thread.

> but if you have read the game informer article about halo 4 it is a call of duty gone wrong and i hate cod. So first they add custom classes and then also make it where weapons aren’t on the map to begin with ,they spawn in drops. So right there is the end of lower ranks standing a chance of slight survival. Yes the coop campaign multiplayer missions are a good idea ,but still back to regular multiplayer the forerunner vision is a horrible idea ,anybody who has that is going to be on top of the scoreboard. My last complaint is of the stupidity of 343 for even trying to do this.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY THING IN THIS TOPIC! If you don’t have any thing to say about the nose/face in the video, don’t post in this thread.
If you blindly hate COD so much that you hate Halo 4 because Halo 4 and COD shares the basic idea of some features, then you need to sit down, calm down, and realize two important things:
#1) Just because there’s a feature in COD DOES NOT MEAN IT’S COPYING COD. A lot of features that are in COD are not Original to COD, so Blindly hating is not they way to go about things.
#2) There are a tiny amount of features that COD just so happens to have, that are a good idea, and 343i isn’t going to copy and past features from other games and put them in Halo 4 exactly how they are in other games, they are going to change things.

Now, if you have any thing else to say on the topic you’re trying to start, please go some where else, and stay out of this thread.

Lets keep ontopic here, and not talk about the hate for Halo 4, this thread was made to talk about the nose/face.