Broadswords and Forge

Surprised this has not come up. With a sufficiently large area, 4v4 broadsword space battles could be pretty awesome. I’m thinking take the open area in Midnight and remove all the turrets. Might make a nice change of pace, and probably more fun than “rocket hogs” or something of that nature.

I actually have yet to fire up Forge, but am more into playing other people’s custom maps. Has anyone tried something like this yet, or is it permanently unavailable?

I agree, it would be a good map for forge and would be even more awesome if it was released as sort of free DLC along with the broadsword and some compatibility packs, but the as fast as the broadsword is it would be very hard to play such a gametype. Although having that area for forge would be nice with scenery and built in map, it could be better than Impact… Since Impact isn’t very flat and you basically have to make your own floor…

The broadsword level was so damn disappointing in the campaign.

I agree, but only because I thought the broadsword mechanics were surprisingly well executed.

> I agree, it would be a good map for forge and would be even more awesome if it was released as sort of free DLC along with the broadsword and some compatibility packs, but the as fast as the broadsword is it would be very hard to play such a gametype. Although having that area for forge would be nice with scenery and built in map, it could be better than Impact… Since Impact isn’t very flat and you basically have to make your own floor…

Fast could be fun… either way it would probably only exist in “action sack” or what not.