Broadsword?

I was looking through the upcoming armor, as well as reading all of the descriptions. I found something interesting:

> Recommended armor system for Broadsword A/X engagement pilots.

Last I checked, the Broadsword hasn’t been mentioned before. Could it be the jets from the jets seen the the Commissioning trailer? Could this be hinting at an appearance in Halo 4?

Is this a killstreak?

I certainly hope so!

Idk. Maybe a part in an armor ability?

> Is this a killstreak?

Halo 4 doesn’t have killstreaks, so no.

> > Is this a killstreak?
>
> Halo 4 doesn’t have killstreaks, so no.

Ordinance Drop is pretty much a kill streak with different implementation.

I vaguely remember hearing about the Broadsword somewhere, if I remember correctly it is a larger version for the Longsword. Like a bomber instead of a fighter.

OP is a reference to the Aviator armour perm’s description.

This is indeed a possibility! However, the Operator’s description talks about being “master of air, land, space and <mark>sea</mark>” (paraphrased). Don’t think we’re getting boats :stuck_out_tongue:

Also guys, check this out!

Probably the one seen in the commisioning.

> I vaguely remember hearing about the Broadsword somewhere, if I remember correctly it is a larger version for the Longsword. Like a bomber instead of a fighter.

The Longsword is a large bomber. The Shortsword is a small bomber. I’d image the Broadsword would be in the fighter-class like the Sabre.

The Broadsword looks exactly the same as a Longsword, but instead of bombs it has over shields and most of the space is used for missiles and ammo, and one person can fly it.

> The Broadsword looks exactly the same as a Longsword, but instead of bombs it has over shields and most of the space is used for missiles and ammo, and one person can fly it.

The Longsword is massive, right? If it’s the same size as the Broadsword, there’s no way it could fit on any of these maps, or even the Forge maps.

> > The Broadsword looks exactly the same as a Longsword, but instead of bombs it has over shields and most of the space is used for missiles and ammo, and one person can fly it.
>
> The Longsword is massive, right? If it’s the same size as the Broadsword, there’s no way it could fit on any of these maps, or even the Forge maps.

No one said it was going to be in MP. I could just be a vehicle that is mentioned in passing.

> > The Broadsword looks exactly the same as a Longsword, but instead of bombs it has over shields and most of the space is used for missiles and ammo, and one person can fly it.
>
> The Longsword is massive, right? If it’s the same size as the Broadsword, there’s no way it could fit on any of these maps, or even the Forge maps.

Longsword is about 70m long.

> > I vaguely remember hearing about the Broadsword somewhere, if I remember correctly it is a larger version for the Longsword. Like a bomber instead of a fighter.
>
> The Longsword is a large bomber. The Shortsword is a small bomber. I’d image the Broadsword would be in the fighter-class like the Sabre.

Yeah the Shortsword is an in atmo bomber. However the Longsword is a strike fighter (similar to the F-117 Nighthawk irl). I would imagine that the Broadsword is an exo-atmospheric bomber.

> > > Is this a killstreak?
> >
> > Halo 4 doesn’t have killstreaks, so no.
>
> Ordinance Drop is pretty much a kill streak with different implementation.

I really think you should focus on the topic at hand, but Ordnance Drops can be gotten without killing anyone.

>

-Double post-

It’s just a canon description. I don’t think we’ll be seeing any Longswords or Broadswords, or any kind of sword in War Games, so don’t get your hopes up.

Yeah, they might appear in campaign though. Finally found a link.

> > > I vaguely remember hearing about the Broadsword somewhere, if I remember correctly it is a larger version for the Longsword. Like a bomber instead of a fighter.
> >
> > The Longsword is a large bomber. The Shortsword is a small bomber. I’d image the Broadsword would be in the fighter-class like the Sabre.
>
> Yeah the Shortsword is an in atmo bomber. However the Longsword is a strike fighter (similar to the F-117 Nighthawk irl). I would imagine that the Broadsword is an exo-atmospheric bomber.

its basically a replacement for the Longsword, it houses higher power 180 mm rotary cannons than the Longsword, as well as new ASGM-11 Missiles which are stronger. And instead of bombs, they are replaced by shield generators.

EDIT: it’s also more maneuverable, agile, and faster than the Longsword.