Brining Back the H2 ranking system

BRING BACK THE H2 RANKING SYSTEM
Halo 2 had the best ranking system an online multiplayer game has ever seen. The new halo ranking system as of H3 has been terrible, copying the Call of Duty ranking system. The old system was excellent. You could actually tell someones skill level by seeing there rank in online multiplayer. The new ranking system allows even the worst players to have a high rank. There is no penalty for loosing a game or quitting a game your XP increases no matter what! This allows for unfair matches and matchmaking has no was of gauging equal competitors. I like the idea of having XP to earn weapons and other in game items. But why not have some sort of rating as to skill level. Another complaint I have with H4 is that it will randomly throw you in a match already in progress, which will count towards your win lose ratio. How can that be compared fairly to other games you have played if you only played 5 min of that game?

Who wants the old ranking system brought back or incorporated with the new system?

You are new here aren’t you?
A CSR is being developed as we speak. It’s a 1-50 system. They said it should be ready by april.

It should have been ready from launch.

> It should have been ready from launch.

I’ve asked this many times before and the only answer I get is the ego. But what does a number matter?

> It should have been ready from launch.

I agree it should have been faster than April but it didn’t have to be there at launch. I actually appreciate that 343i is using statistical data post launch to make it a better system. We don’t need all of the crap that happened with H3 happening again.

> You are new here aren’t you?
> A CSR is being developed as we speak. It’s a 1-50 system. They said it should be ready by april.

So what? It’s not going to be the same as Halo 2’s system and it’s not even visible while your playing, which defeats the whole point.

> > It should have been ready from launch.
>
> I’ve asked this many times before and the only answer I get is the ego. But what does a number matter?

It gives players something to work for. Skill-based ranks are an incentive when enjoyment of the gameplay alone isn’t enough to keep players.

> > You are new here aren’t you?
> > A CSR is being developed as we speak. It’s a 1-50 system. They said it should be ready by april.
>
> So what? It’s not going to be the same as Halo 2’s system and it’s not even visible while your playing, which defeats the whole point.

Do you define your worth, and that of others based upon a number?

“Why do I get bad people on my team”

“All these people are on this level, may as well quit”

What do stats matter beyond the last game played? That should all you be able to see. Who cares about your lifetime K/D or W/L?

In fact with with all these threads about getting a skilled rank there should be a thread for no rank or stats tracked at all.

New to the Halo Waypoint forums yes, I use to go on the Bungie forums back in the day? Where did you see this CSR 1-50?

Halo 4 Competitive Skill Rank Announcement

How Matchmaking Works - A Basic Overview

It is not about defining worth for me. It is more about getting matched up with players of equal skill. It is frustrating when you play and someone will be far below your skill level. With the H2 ranking system you were more likely to be matched with equal players. I’m not saying the system was flawless but it is much better than the new XP system. After all isn’t it a competition between players to see who is the best? I understand you will have some players out there who just “play for fun”, but for the most part it is a competition, why else would we have a winner and a loser at the end of the game? With the new syster as of H3 winning and losing has become pointless. And there attempts in the past have failed with the Arena playlist.

Also, lots of discussion here:

1-50 Competitive Skill Rank Official Thread

You will not have a visible in game rank, you can however see this at Waypoint. It is a skil system, a lot like H2 and H3.

> You are new here aren’t you?
> A CSR is being developed as we speak. It’s a 1-50 system. They said it should be ready by april.

Bu…Bu…But its not visible in-game! I wanna show of my pretty rank and boast about it!

On-Topic: Halo 2 ranking would be nice.