Bring sword duel back

Hello all Hag here,

Yes I’m making a thread about this one simple, incredible part of the game. This thread and the related comments should only be about the MIGHTY SWORD DUEL

I was greatly disappointed to see this taken out with the TU update. The sword duel has always been for me one of the most heart pounding adrenaline inducing interactions of the game. Removing it shows a great lack of appreciation and understanding for this interaction, (sorry 343 that’s how it is right now).

The sword is Hag’s favorite weapon and in my opinion my opponent should be able to counter it. Without this the interaction is much less fun and the overall dynamic of the game play and competition with this weapon is seriously reduced for me.

Click on the link above to see a montage of me dueling double dueling and triple pummeling the sword guy as I rob da lovely jewel.

Love all you Halo fans and Enjoy!

The only gametype you should remove Sword Block is Infection, and maybe Invasion.

Edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

>

“This thread and the related comments should only be about the MIGHTY SWORD DUEL”… Thank you.

Sword block is as logical as being able to walk on the sun.

Epic facepalm

“Oh teh noes! A guy on the enemy team is charging at me with a sword! I know! I’ll use my fists to deflect a massive blade made of white hot plasma, because that will work!”

Thank god it was removed. It makes no sense to deflect an energy sword with your fists. Well, if you’re Chuck Norris it does.

And it’s a power weapon. What’s the point in having it if some guy is just going to block it and kill you?

@ Kira Onime

"Sword block makes as much sense as a sniper block.

It’s a power weapon, control it if you don’t want to die by it."

Hello Kira and friends,

I keep hearing that the sword is a power weapon and therefore you should not be able to block it.

With respect to you and other, this is not a good argument for removing the duel.

While the sword is a power weapon it is not a sniper rifle. Nor is it similar to any other power weapon for that matter. The engagements and interactions that occur when holding the sword are unique to that weapon dynamic.

The sword duel is a highly skillful interaction between players in close quarters that requires precision accuracy and timing to master. That is precisely the “point” of having it. There is still no guarantee that you are going to best the sword wielder just because you dueled him.

Hagbar controls the sword better than most blushes and I say I love the duel. When TU hit rumble pit I went straight to making Sword Duel Montage

Removing the duel not only takes away from the fun of having the sword in your hands but the opportunity to best the sword holder. I want my opponent to have a chance to counter me. It takes a great degree of skill and removing that skill set is a shame shame shame on you 343…

> I keep hearing that the sword is a power weapon and therefore you should not be able to block it.
>
> With respect to you and other, this is not a good argument for removing the duel.

Yes it is.

> While the sword is a power weapon it is not a sniper rifle. Nor is it similar to any other power weapon for that matter. The engagements and interactions that occur when holding the sword are unique to that weapon dynamic.

Get close to enemy, press right trigger to kill.
The sword is a melee weapon same as your fist, with added lunge.

> The sword duel is a highly skillful interaction between players in close quarters that requires precision accuracy and timing to master. That is precisely the “point” of having it. There is still no guarantee that you are going to best the sword wielder just because you dueled him.

Please, melee + headshot is that is needed to take down a sword user.

Also, any smart sword user will not run around with the thing out, they’ll keep it stored away until the opportunity to surprise someone around a corner shows up.

If you run around with it in the open, you’re an idiot.

> Removing the duel not only takes away from the fun of having the sword in your hands but the opportunity to best the sword holder. I want my opponent to have a chance to counter me. It takes a great degree of skill and removing that skill set is a shame shame shame on you 343…

“Sword blocking” is a mechanic that should never of seen the light of day.
It is stupid and renders the sword, a power weapon, close to useless.
Removing the sword block only gives the sword it’s “power weapon” title back.

Also, “Fun” is subjective.

> @ Kira Onime
>
> “Sword block makes as much sense as a sniper block.
>
> It’s a power weapon, control it if you don’t want to die by it.”
>
> Hello Kira and friends,
>
> I keep hearing that the sword is a power weapon and therefore you should not be able to block it.
>
> With respect to you and other, this is not a good argument for removing the duel.
>
> While the sword is a power weapon it is not a sniper rifle. Nor is it similar to any other power weapon for that matter. The engagements and interactions that occur when holding the sword are unique to that weapon dynamic.
>
> The sword duel is a highly skillful interaction between players in close quarters that requires precision accuracy and timing to master. That is precisely the “point” of having it. There is still no guarantee that you are going to best the sword wielder just because you dueled him.
>
> Hagbar controls the sword better than most blushes and I say I love the duel. When TU hit rumble pit I went straight to making Sword Duel Montage
>
> Removing the duel not only takes away from the fun of having the sword in your hands but the opportunity to best the sword holder. I want my opponent to have a chance to counter me. It takes a great degree of skill and removing that skill set is a shame shame shame on you 343…

Cool story bro. Needs more swords in it.

Oh, and congratulations on learning how to press buttons on a controller. Takes a lot of skill.

Sword Block made no sense, thank god it was removed. If you want to ‘duel’, please, either wait until the voting results come out for Team Slayer, go to Custom Games and show off your amazing button pushing skills to your friends, or play Squad DLC.

With respect, they are not going to bring sword block back from the dead because you wanted it. Period.

@ Kira and Hiccup

Kira and Hiccup please stop trolling my post and highlighting my responses if you are going to respond with something less insightful than your initial post.

Example; HagbarChaline wrote:

I keep hearing that the sword is a power weapon and therefore you should not be able to block it.
With respect to you and other, this is not a good argument for removing the duel.

Kira “Yes it is.” and this Hiccup “Oh, and congratulations on learning how to press buttons on a controller. Takes a lot of skill.”

I Hagbar have been running the sword for a while now and I challenge you or anyone else to come at me while I’m holding the sword and “press buttons.”

Now I understand that you disagree but with respect, please be a big girl and boy and give someone else a chance to post.

If you really want to prove me wrong, and this goes out to all. Show me someone who runs the sword more than I do ,or even half as much for that matter, and that shares your opinion otherwise you have been heard goodbye.

> @ Kira Onime
>
> “Sword block makes as much sense as a sniper block.
>
> It’s a power weapon, control it if you don’t want to die by it.”
>
> Hello Kira and friends,
>
>
>
>
>
> Hagbar controls the sword better than most blushes and I say I love the duel. When TU hit rumble pit I went straight to making Sword Duel Montage
>

Sword block takes no skill and no timing and is completely connection dependent.

It makes no sense to have it in the game. Why should you get a second chance if you didn’t get the sword for yourself?

> Kira and Hiccup please stop trolling my post and highlighting my responses if you are going to respond with something less insightful than your initial post.

1-Not trolling
2-Your posts aren’t very “insightful” to being with. Give us decent material to respond to.

@ aBlueBookshelf

Hagbar says,

Ahh… Finally a semi sincere/legitimate question. Although it may be hard for me to explain this to you so that you may understand after you posted this…

“Sword block takes no skill and no timing and is completely connection dependent.”

I’ll still try though. Here goes… for those of you that feel like the last three.

Let’s say you have the sword and I run into you. I will be coming fast you can be sure Hagbar is coming straight for you even when you have the sword. Especially when you have the sword. That is to say that you got the sword before I did and now I want to get it for sure. Like in your question above.

Q: “Why should you get a second chance if you didn’t get the sword for yourself?”

A: Because you picking up the sword doesn’t mean that you have a right to it the whole game. Only Hagbar has that right and if you look closely on the handle you will see my name. No really, just look, it says Hagbarchaline right there on the handle.

To answer the second part of your post,
“Sword block takes no skill and no timing and is completely connection dependent.”

Ahhh… really. hmm… lets see here. Uhm sword lunge coming fast… uh grenade. Oh no that’s not it… uhm turn around and run… Ahhhh… wait. Sorry I really don’t know how to explain it to you. Did you watch the video? Wait let me go ask my 6 year old she plays Halo… I’ll get back to .

> @ aBlueBookshelf
>
> Hagbar says,
>
> Ahh… Finally a semi sincere/legitimate question. Although it may be hard for me to explain this to you so that you may understand after you posted this…
>
> “Sword block takes no skill and no timing and is completely connection dependent.”
>
> I’ll still try though. Here goes… for those of you that feel like the last three.
>
> Let’s say you have the sword and I run into you. I will be coming fast you can be sure Hagbar is coming straight for you even when you have the sword. Especially when you have the sword. That is to say that you got the sword before I did and now I want to get it for sure. Like in your question above.
>
> Q: “Why should you get a second chance if you didn’t get the sword for yourself?”
>
> A: Because you picking up the sword doesn’t mean that you have a right to it the whole game. Only Hagbar has that right and if you look closely on the handle you will see my name. No really, just look, it says Hagbarchaline right there on the handle.
>
> To answer the second part of your post,
> “Sword block takes no skill and no timing and is completely connection dependent.”
>
> Ahhh… really. hmm… lets see here. Uhm sword lunge coming fast… uh grenade. Oh no that’s not it… uhm turn around and run… Ahhhh… wait. Sorry I really don’t know how to explain it to you. Did you watch the video? Wait let me go ask my 6 year old she plays Halo… I’ll get back to .

There isn’t much to take away from your post. You defend sword block very poorly, as does everyone who attempts to defend it.

There are other ways to take the sword back that make more sense. Outpositioning, team shooting, etc are all ways the sword user would die in another Halo game. I mean, if sword block makes sense, let’s have a laser block with your knee that if you have a good enough connection, you block the laser shot and kill the laser user just because Gabharcharlie says so?

Obviously, 343 agrees that sword block was a bad feature since it’s removed. Adapt.

I like how the guy talks about himself in 3rd person.

> I like how the guy talks about himself in 3rd person.

Bookshelf agrees with this statement.

It’s unfortunate that this thread has degraded to a conversation between you 2 making pointless and mean remarks.

The issue is important to me. So important in fact that I stopped playing in rumble pit. The place where I love to play so much. It also took many hours to get my computer fixed just so I could make the montage and illustrate my point.

I asked you repeatedly to post on topic or add something to your original remarks.

I have answered your “points” to the best of my ability even challenged you to show you are more knowledgeable on topic. Still just tasteless remarks. This type of harassment Trolling really brings the tone of the conversation to a halt when a few people want to be attention Trolls and yes you are Trolls. Fortunately Hagbar has a solution for trolls like you.

I have reported the two of you.

I am new to the threads but have already gotten a nice taste of what this type of harassment feels like. You post on topic and here comes… you guessed it, forum trolls. Here to highlight your every remark and respond with something tasteless and nasty. I urge anyone else in the community who has had this problem to take a stand against it. Keep posting on topic and we will clean the community up of these undesirables.

Now I will start a new experiment. How will 343 respond to my report. Let’s see.

I’m not trolling. I debated your points and now you have nothing left to say about sword block except you liked it.

It’s not about whether you liked it, it’s about what was better for gameplay. I’m sorry you don’t understand that.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from stat flaming.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

all i got from this is. i made montage with it so it should stay. your 4.0 with a sword is a joke.

terrible tage. i can count the pixels

I see you reported some of us for ‘trolling’. This is coming from the man who refers to himself in third person and defends a terrible game feature.

This isn’t the stone age pal.