Bring in the Halo 3 Maps

We should remember what the Halo 3 maps were like. Sandtrap, a large map with brown cover, type, buildings… and mines on the outscerts. The fort on the hillside, (why can’t I remember what it’s called!?) where you go up at a gray fort with giant holes on the defensive walls. Well wouldn’t it be cool if they brought the Halo 3 and Mythic maps to Halo Reach?

Actually, I don’t know if remaking (or porting) the maps from Halo 3 to Reach is such a wise move.
Keep in mind that core gameplay mechanics have changed from Halo 3 to Reach which makes many (there are exceptions of course) maps play incredibly differently. We saw the same thing happen in Halo 3 with the Lockout-remake and well, there were few good games on Blackout that weren’t customs.

If the level designer somehow finds a way to remake the maps so that the gameplay fits Reach, then go for it.

If this does happen, I expect massive outcry about how “you changed our maps!!11!!” though, because there are things that are going to need to be changed.

Dont bring in maps from halo 3. They worked for that game they really wont work for each since reach has AA’s. We just need maps that work and play well with the AA’s. They also need to original and not just ripped from the campaign that is a huge flaw with the MM maps that came with the game.

The map you’re thinking of is Highground.
Halo 3 had garbage maps as does Halo Reach. Halo:CE and Halo 2 had the only maps that I would want remade.

> The map you’re thinking of is Highground.
> Halo 3 had garbage maps as does Halo Reach. Halo:CE and Halo 2 had the only maps that I would want remade.

Kinda agree.
If they were into re-making maps I’d want some of Halo 2’s BTB maps. Terminal, Waterworks, and Headlong? Yes please!

Unfortunately, those maps won’t work with Reach’s current mechanics (yuck). Maps have to be built from the ground up with the new mechanics in mind.

> > The map you’re thinking of is Highground.
> > Halo 3 had garbage maps as does Halo Reach. Halo:CE and Halo 2 had the only maps that I would want remade.
>
> Kinda agree.
> If they were into re-making maps I’d want some of Halo 2’s BTB maps. Terminal, Waterworks, and Headlong? Yes please!

WORD! Ecspecially Headlong. I’ve been wanting that map back for a while now. Reach is such a trash game though that I would be happy enough to wait for the next Halo to come out before it’s remade. Even though I think Headlong would work great with all the AA’s.