BRING CORTANA BACK!!!

Am i the only one who most likely wont be playing unless the team of master chief and Cortana is back, can’t believe they let her go.

What does everyone else think? Because i’m majorly unimpressed!

I won’t buy the next Star Wars book unless Luke is in it!

Same logic, fairly bad at that. I doubt she is really dead.

Killing off Cortana would be an even bigger mistake than when Bungie chose to kill off Sgt. Johnson. Hopefully 343 is smarter than Bungie when it comes to this type of decision and brings her back.

Although I’m fairly certain she’ll be returning so I’m not too worried.

I SERIOUSLY doubt she’s dead.
like 99% sure.

On the one hand, I want to see her back. On the other hand, it’s too predictable that she’s still alive and I’d like to be surprised.

She’s not dead. They even gave subtle hints at the end. She has been a main protagonist since the beginning of the series. Killing her would be like offing Master Chief.

She will be back.

lol spoiler title

I hope 343 actually keeps her dead. Cortana is dead, please leave it at that. If they brought her back, it would make her seem god-like, which is what Halsey acts like and brutal reality as smacked her across the face. Cortana just got her smack in the face with a kick in the stomach and a knife in the gut…and mental instability.

maybe she is not entirely dead, Halsey made her, she may still have a backup of her, who knows? that blank is for 343 to fill for HALO 5

I was sad they let her go but, hey, look on the bright side; they sent her out in a (moderately) dignified way that made sense with what had been established. It fit well. It was heartbreaking and all, but there’s potential for her return. It may not happen but it is there. 343i at least did that much right.

They handled a sad, bittersweet ending well.

Unlike a certain other “developer” of a certain other “game” with a particularly “interesting” ending.

furious air quote spasms

I have a feeling we’ll get hints about Cortana’s future in Spartan Ops. What if she has something to do with whatever’s on the planet observing the Infinity? What if part of her is preserved with the Librarian? There’s a lot of possibilities.

People don’t really appreciate Spartan Ops as much as they should, the story has just as much, if not, MORE importance to the Halo universe than the main campaign. Enough so that it could even give us hints about the Didact. We wont be completely sure about her fate, and the future of the Halo universe in general until the season ends.

> I was sad they let her go but, hey, look on the bright side; they sent her out in a (moderately) dignified way that made sense with what had been established. It fit well. It was heartbreaking and all, but there’s potential for her return. It may not happen but it is there. 343i at least did that much right.
>
> They handled a sad, bittersweet ending well.
>
> Unlike a certain other “developer” of a certain other “game” with a particularly “interesting” ending.
>
> furious air quote spasms

Let me guess: Mass Effect 3? Lmao

> People don’t really appreciate Spartan Ops as much as they should, the story has just as much, if not, MORE importance to the Halo universe than the main campaign.

I spat my food out as I read that.

> > People don’t really appreciate Spartan Ops as much as they should, the story has just as much, if not, MORE importance to the Halo universe than the main campaign.
>
> I spat my food out as I read that.

So what you’re telling me (with a mouth clear of food, of course) is that the big budget, high quality CGI scenes have no relevance to the story, even though they bring characters like Halsey (the one who created Cortana and the Spartans) and Jul 'Mdama (the very reason the storm were on requiem in the first place) to the forefront?

Come on, it can’t be THAT ludicrous.

OMG SHE’LL BE BACK!!!

Cortana will be back, so relax. Reasoning:

The Forerunners used the Composer in the hopes to reach immortality. They achieved the transition from physical to digital form, but bringing them back was something they could not do.

Cortana was digital, and then managed to become brought into the physical world. I promise you that she will be back, and promise that she will have achieved what the Forerunners could not. Heard it here first. - Rizebowl

> Cortana will be back, so relax. Reasoning:
>
> The Forerunners used the Composer in the hopes to reach immortality. They achieved the transition from physical to digital form, but bringing them back was something they could not do.
>
> Cortana was digital, and then managed to become brought into the physical world. I promise you that she will be back, and promise that she will have achieved what the Forerunners could not. Heard it here first. - Rizebowl

This right here. If all the people that say she should stay gone or won’t be coming back at all need to go read this post ------------> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst137119_Cortana-s-Role-in-Halo-4--In-Depth---Spoilers.aspx

Hold up, I suggest you change your title. Not everyone has finished the campaign and not everyone even has the game yet. Don’t want to spoil it for all those people, hm?

I think they’re going to kill off Master Chief in the next one. I get that feeling. You’ll be Sarah Palmer in Halo 6, with the fat aviator AI.

> I think they’re going to kill off Master Chief in the next one. I get that feeling. You’ll be Sarah Palmer in Halo 6, with the fat aviator AI.

I would design a fully functional Spartan suit, centuries ahead of its time, just so I could wear it and destroy 343’s office.

Joking.

Kind of.