Bring back VETO and map voting

I really enjoyed this feature and would love to see its overdue to return to MCC! Don’t know why it was removed.

22 Likes

Even though I am against having both systems in the game, if veto was to be brought back it wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen in Halo’s history. I can make my peace with that.

Map voting, however, is an absolute no. It was, and still is, a horrible system that left little room for variety. Everybody wanted to play on the same maps over and over again, and it is because of this that has always left me wondering how many people had to boost the Halo: Reach DLC achievements because they couldn’t get on the DLC map whenever one showed up.

8 Likes

I agree with map voting/ veto

2 Likes

I agree that the veto button coming back wouldn’t be so horrible, but map voting should not ever make a return to this Halo or any future Halo game.

2 Likes

id say bring back gamemode voting so its not just nothing but slayer or br starts everything

3 Likes

No to voting and veto… All that does us guarantee you only play the few popular maps and get the same maps over and over… Why take that step backwards again… The answer is they need to make it so we can turn maps and game types on/off in the composer. Then we will always get games we want without toilet voting/veto.

2 Likes

No thanks. Veto/voting restricts choice. Glad it’s gone. If people want to just play the same few maps over and over then they have custom games browser. Part of the reason I stopped playing before the ‘season 1’ update was because I got sick of seeing Halo 3 Valhalla being picked 85% of the time despite the fact that there was tons of maps and a fair amount of different Halo games to join.

Adding this back in would make challenges more difficult so that’s another reason why it can sod off. Also it’ll probably hurt whatever population is left of MCC if we’re forced to play the same few maps over and over.

1 Like

No to Vote, yes to Veto.

People always claim that everyone would be stuck playing the same 2 maps and modes on loop with Veto, ignoring that firstly Veto is not Vote and doesn’t work that way, and secondly for 50% of the playerbase that is literally what is happening since the composer can’t discern that a group of players are tired of the 800th game of territories Longshore and just want KotH on anything other than Longshore

Veto gives more freedom to the players without restricting the available options. If a majority don’t want to play a particular map or mode, than the minority has the ability to set up a game in the CGB to experience it without forcing what they want on to those who aren’t interested (of which forcing the majority into games they have a bad time with is only contributing to the large number of players who have put this game down for good.)

3 Likes

Bring back Veto and Party Up. Not voting.

4 Likes

We 100% need Veto and Mapvoting.
I’m sick of playing on Frag 4 times in a row.

4 Likes

i am for map voting and game type voting like it has been always.

it was not only on halo reach but also halo 4 that got the same problem.
the main reason was that a lot off people not have buy the dlc pack’s.
and if you have 1 player that not has the DLC in a 4 VS 4 playlist you never will get the dlc maps since all 8 need to have the dlc maps to play on then.

its more how the DLC was working back then that less people buy the DLC so that means the chance to play on DLC maps in matchmaking was also low for the people that have buy it.

That’s it. Just like it is in CS:GO and everyone is happy, sure some maps will still be a lot less popular (Much like Forge World maps seem to be with the RNG map picked right now) and it’s gonna be harder to play matches on them but at least people who really don’t like them won’t be forced to play on them.

2 Likes

Every time I hear veto, I think of Arby and the Chief. Anyone else remember?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb8fRS4bG84

1 Like

LOL gave me a chuckle, I needed that so thank you!

1 Like

I used to think that voting systems being removed helped alleviate the quitting problem. But honestly it doesn’t make a difference.

So sure, why not.

3 Likes

no to bouth , i answered several times to simmilar questions/requests so i wont write again in detail why. they are gone for a reason. also there is still weighting of chance wich map / mode gets picked. the less popular maps are still more rare and the popular ones are still more common. i rather be forced to play a few maps evry now and then i dont like instead of certain maps basicly getting never played ( wich happend in the past with voting for reach and mcc and veto to a lesser degree ) .

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the vote/veto, so long as it doesn’t slow down my ability to get into games. There are also a couple maps between 4v4 and BTB that I’d really like to not have to play too often.

I’d also love it if they brought back the ability to stay with other players if they also want to stay. Whether or not I’m on the team with them, some players are just fun! Or I want to test my skills and get my revenge!

2 Likes

That’s completely understandable

Uh, this is the MCC forum, not the Infinite forum. There is an insane amount of maps and gametypes spread over 5 games and 2 expansion packs that actually warrant discussing whether or not Vote/Veto should or should not be reevaluated for the health of the player population. (Imo Best compromise is no to Vote, yes to Veto, Veto helps cut down on player frustration)

I think you might’ve gotten lost and didn’t check the forum the thread was from.

4 Likes

No system is honestly perfect, but I think veto is the best option out of the three we’ve had (Veto, Voting. and just being given a map to play). Having a veto system would also give a reason to bring back pre-game lobbies as there needs to be time to cast the votes.

As for voting, in theory it’s good but I hope it never comes back as everyone just would pick the same maps and modes over and over again. Veto gives you one chance to change and what you get after that you’re stuck with it good or bad.

They also need to bring back the party up system. Such an underrated feature that I’m honestly shocked that it hasn’t been implemented since Halo 3.

2 Likes