Bring back the veto system?

Well, I can’t say I love Reach’s voting system, so why not bring back the good old veto system for choosing maps in mp?

Voting:
Option 1 - Infinity Team Slayer on Adrift
Option 2 - 1 Flag on Haven
Option 3 - None of the Above

if None of the Above is voted for, it leads to a random game with no other vote option - Infinity Slayer on Haven

That’s how it should be.

i don’t see how the the veto system was better in any way. At least i reach you were allowed to actually see what you may get, and you got up to 6 choices per game(unlike halo 3 where you only got 2 max). The veto would kind of be a downgrade.

Would you like to explain why you want it back though?

Reach’s vote system sucked. Veto brought variety, so you didn’t end up playing the same map and gametype a dozen times in a row. -cough-Big Team Slayer HemorRage -cough-

I was not a fan of the veto system. While Reach’s system isn’t perfect, I prefer voting. There’s a much better variety of game types.

I can’t believe people just seem to hate on EVERY SINGLE aspect of reach. How is this poll tied? The veto system was horrible compared to reaches. You got 3 different choices in reach and you wouldn’t get stuck with something horrible(team dualsshudder) if people were to lazy to vote. Or if you vetoed something horrible and got something else horrible, in reach you got 3 more options. Reach did a lot of things wrong but this was one it did right. The system could use some tweaking but no way should it go back to the veto system.

I like Combat Evolved’s system. Servers.

I don’t care any more, as I can start with a BR no matter what the noobs in the lobby vote for.

The veto system was terrible. The voting system is so much better and should be brought back, however it should be modified. In case of a tie a gametype/map should be chosen at random by the game.

I like options… Lots of options

Veto system was awful.
More than not it was an awful map that just led into another.

At least with voting I have a choice for picking something I relatively like.

I would however like to see weighting show up different. Having Rocket Hog Race show up as the bottom option for Multiteam every time was awful. Its not just limited to MT either, this happens in every playlist.

Also it shouldn’t be that the top map/gametype wins every time in a draw/tie. When you have things weighted to show up on the top more than the option on the bottom it creates an unfair advantage. It should just be a toss up.

> Reach’s vote system sucked. Veto brought variety, so you didn’t end up playing the same map and gametype a dozen times in a row. -cough-Big Team Slayer HemorRage -cough-

This. Giving players the option to vote just ends in the same maps being played over and over, no matter how bad the maps are. To this day, I still don’t understand why everyone votes for Uncaged when it is one of the most hated maps in the game.

I say, bring back vetoing.

> Reach’s vote system sucked. Veto brought variety, so you didn’t end up playing the same map and gametype a dozen times in a row. -cough-Big Team Slayer HemorRage -cough-

This exactly! With the veto system, I never had to play Slayer BRs 50 times in a row…oh wait…

Nooo, I don’t want to return to the randomness of people screaming into their Mics yelling “VETO!” “VETO!”

The veto system was horrible, and was very predictable.

If your team vetoed normal slayer,
You were guaranteed team BR’s 99% of the time.
Don’t get me wrong, i like BR’s, but im pretty sure everyone would much rather be able to have a variety of games they would like to play. This is one thing i actually do like about reach, and it should stay that way.

I prefer the voting system. 343 just needs to weigh the options better.

Oh, and make it so when you vote, that’s it, no changes.

Other:

Improve Reach’s vote system by limiting to 2 chances to vote per set of choices, and make players with guests count as 1 vote only… H3 was great but I didn’t like the Randomness when vetoed.

Slayer BRs on Construct

“Okay, this isn’t bad. The map is alright. There’s better, but I don’t wanna get something worse if it’s vetoed.”

5 out of 8 vetoes, Team Duals on Snowbound is selected

“Oh, yeah. Thanks a lot guys. Threw away a perfectly good gametype on an okay map for this.”

Vetoes. Because -Yoink!- you, that’s why.

> I prefer the voting system. 343 just needs to weigh the options better.
>
> Oh, and make it so when you vote, that’s it, no changes.

Also, if two maps/gametypes are tied, just have the system decide randomly between the two. I hate how in Reach, the top option always won.

I think it should be a voting system similar to Reach’s but have two votes. The first is the map, then vote for the game type. Maybe even add more implementations. Such as you can only vote once and have gametypes based on maps rather than the random sense of Reach or 3.

As for the pure Halo 3’s veto system… This is what I thought of it.