Bring back the Reach UI

Title says it all. Reach had the best UI of any halo game, possibly of any game in human history. It was simple, intuitive, fluid, and had beautiful concept art backgrounds. I think we can all agree than Halo 4s UI was garbage, and i need not mention the world ending abomination that is MCCs UI. What do you guys think? Should 343 mimic the Reach UI in halo 5?

I don’t think there’s that much difference between Halo 4 and Reach. I don’t really like MCC’s though, so I’ll just say yes.

New UI entirely. Make it ultra fancy.

> 2535459483445834;1:
> Title says it all. Reach had the best UI of any halo game, possibly of any game in human history. It was simple, intuitive, fluid, and had beautiful concept art backgrounds. I think we can all agree than Halo 4s UI was garbage, and i need not mention the world ending abomination that is MCCs UI. What do you guys think? Should 343 mimic the Reach UI in halo 5?

Yeah, but they should keep the slideshow matchmaking screen from MCC. They could make the slideshow have cutscene bits or art/landscapes from Halo 5 instead of some static background.

Ah, yes. The glory days that were the Reach UI. Everything I needed at my fingertips. That’s one of the few things I can say Bungie clearly did better than 343i.

> 2533274867157068;4:
> > 2535459483445834;1:
> > Title says it all. Reach had the best UI of any halo game, possibly of any game in human history. It was simple, intuitive, fluid, and had beautiful concept art backgrounds. I think we can all agree than Halo 4s UI was garbage, and i need not mention the world ending abomination that is MCCs UI. What do you guys think? Should 343 mimic the Reach UI in halo 5?
>
>
> Yeah, but they should keep the slideshow matchmaking screen from MCC. They could make the slideshow have cutscene bits or art/landscapes from Halo 5 instead of some static background.

Ew, no. I wish they’d patch those Terminal scenes back out of that, in fact. I find those scenes distracting and annoying. I much preferred staring at Requiem or, in the case of previous Halo games, the scattered remnants of the battle for Reach. Menu backgrounds really don’t need to be (and even shouldn’t be) flashy and noisy to be beautiful. All that’s really required for a good menu is elegance, simplicity, organization, and a bit of good art.

> 2533274877056440;2:
> I don’t think there’s that much difference between Halo 4 and Reach. I don’t really like MCC’s though, so I’ll just say yes.

There was a huge difference between Halo 4 and Halo: Reach. Reach had the elegant, quick, and intuitive lobby menu that allowed you to bring your party anywhere seamlessly and visibly. It had that active roster on the right of the screen that could be accessed by a simple right flick of the joystick. None of its options seemed particularly hidden and the interface was constantly clear on its functionality. Halo 4, in comparison, was hazy and noisy. The “baseball card” player lobbies were simply flashy instead of functional and the fact that there literally wasn’t a visible party lobby outside of the roster (which one had to click X to access, which took me like a year to figure out) was like salt on the wound. It was also pretty horrible that you couldn’t bring a party with you to the Main Menu. If you were playing War Games and wanted to switch back to Campaign, you had to disband and re-party. Menus were hidden inside other menus, to boot. I had the hardest time finding some things in Halo 4. And then there were the real head-scratcher menu functions of having to press the Back button and then reach your other thumb all the way across the controller and use the D-pad to access specific players on the scoreboard. It was pretty simple to see that 343 Industries had no idea what they were doing in designing the menus for Halo 4. Halo: The Master Chief Collection doesn’t happen to inspire much more confidence, either.

> 2533274875324729;3:
> New UI entirely. Make it ultra fancy.

Please don’t. Please make it ultra simple.

Halo 2 had the best UI. Everything you needed was one button away. Friends list included. All you had to do was press Y, and you got a full-blown friends list window (game version). Made things so freaking easy. I’m sure this won’t happen. I’m sure we’ll get ultra-fancy…this is being funded/published by the creators of the Xbox One UI after all facepalm

A new UI would be better. Something different from the previous games.

Yes pls