Bring Back the Old Invasion Maps

First off let me introduce myself. I have been playing Halo: Reach since the day it was released. Aside from being grounded now and then I play a lot/when I can. This is the second profile I have used. My other profile (Alpha Llama 114) is unusable when it comes to siging up for anything as my windows live email and password are unrechable. So I made this account.

Just to show I am experienced and that I do know what I am talking about I will mention my rank for both profiles and K/D ratio.

Alpha Llama 114 Rank-Nova K/D Ratio-Around 1.25
Yourself lol 0.o Rank-Captain Grade 3 K/D-Currently 2.51

I am not bragging. As I mentiomed above I am trying to say that I am an experienced player.

I used to play invasion quite a lot, and i thoroughly enjoyed playing it on breakpoint under the DLC section. Now invasion has come out with some new maps built in forge world that are okay, and I am trying to keep and open mind when I play them. Needless to say it gets boring playing Spire, and Boneyard all the time.

About once every 200 games of invasion we will get the option to vote for Breakpoint. And every time that it is an option, all 12 people in the game will vote for it.

What I am trying to say is that Halo: Reach players have always liked that map with that gamemode. And that 343 should make a temporary gamemode for DLC invasion, specifically Brekpoint. If it popular enough for whatever stat system they base playlists on, then they could leave it as a permanent playlist.

That map on invasion was one of my favorites to play on, and I have some pretty fun memories of it. The same goes for all my friends, and many of the people I have since met online.

Hopeful, Yourself lol 0.o

Invasion: Breakpoint is in the Squad DLC playlist. Get a big team of people and try and vote for it there.

Welcome to Waypoint!

It was time for Invasion to get some new maps…

The Noble MP should be required by now.

You don’t need to prove that you’re good at the game for people to respect you, rank and k/d is meaningless for the most part in reach. And as for the maps, the new ones are nice seeing as how before it was only spire and boneyard, with Breakpoint never coming up.

Yeah most people hate the new Invasion maps. I signed on today for the first time in a little bit and had a message in my inbox that had all the gamertags of the guys who made the new maps with someone saying how we should all message them and tell them to take them out. It looked like a M2AF but it goes to show how disgruntled people are.

> Yeah most people hate the new Invasion maps. I signed on today for the first time in a little bit and had a message in my inbox that had all the gamertags of the guys who made the new maps with someone saying how we should all message them and tell them to take them out. It looked like a M2AF but it goes to show how disgruntled people are.

I think they’re fantastic.

> Yeah most people hate the new Invasion maps. I signed on today for the first time in a little bit and had a message in my inbox that had all the gamertags of the guys who made the new maps with someone saying how we should all message them and tell them to take them out. It looked like a M2AF but it goes to show how disgruntled people are.

Hmm… and yet i have no new messages… seems like the number of players who support you is smaller than you think…

OT:
i agree that BP is the most exciting invasion map, but our goal in creating the newaps was to.fill the void that breakpoint wass supposed to fill. since most players dont have dlc, and bc it still isnt free, we figured the best way to add variation was to incorporate new maps from fw.
i also agree that it was strange of 343 to place community maps.at the top. im not complaining, but i.undersrand your concern.

please continue to learn these new maps, many of the most effective strategies havent even.been discovered yet. The balance will level.off as an understanding of the map.grows!

> > Yeah most people hate the new Invasion maps. I signed on today for the first time in a little bit and had a message in my inbox that had all the gamertags of the guys who made the new maps with someone saying how we should all message them and tell them to take them out. It looked like a M2AF but it goes to show how disgruntled people are.
>
> Hmm… and yet i have no new messages… seems like the number of players who support you is smaller than you think…
>
> OT:
> i agree that BP is the most exciting invasion map, but our goal in creating the newaps was to.fill the void that breakpoint wass supposed to fill. since most players dont have dlc, and bc it still isnt free, we figured the best way to add variation was to incorporate new maps from fw.
> i also agree that it was strange of 343 to place community maps.at the top. im not complaining, but i.undersrand your concern.
>
> please continue to learn these new maps, many of the most effective strategies havent even.been discovered yet. The balance will level.off as an understanding of the map.grows!

I couldn’t of said it better, there was a problem (the DLC) and there was an accommodation made (forge maps). I think that just works out perfectly to keep the player happy with more var-ties of maps of choose from. my invasion activity has actually increased in being able to play in these new maps.

The problem that you are trying to describe really is that DLC is not required. You pay for the game, but cannot play it because there are not many others that have paid for that portion of the game.

With Reach ending its rule in the Halo cosmos, you would think that 343i would give the DLC away for free and require it for MM. I mean if people have not bought it by now they won’t be planning to buy it at all with all the Halo 4 frenzy going around.

> > Yeah most people hate the new Invasion maps. I signed on today for the first time in a little bit and had a message in my inbox that had all the gamertags of the guys who made the new maps with someone saying how we should all message them and tell them to take them out. It looked like a M2AF but it goes to show how disgruntled people are.
>
> I think they’re fantastic.

I think forge in Halo Reach makes, rather, boring, dull and repetitive maps. Invasion gets boring pretty fast with these new maps.

I could play Invasion Boneyard, Breakpoint or Spire all day.

The old maps never left.

> The old maps never left.

Yes, but they don’t come up very often.