Bring back the GRENADE LAUNCHER!

The grenade launcher was the best thing to come out of reach, does anyone else miss it as much as I do??
also,
Matchmaking on Halo 4 needs way better maps and it feels like the people they have in charge of choosing the maps aren’t doing a good job, also they are doing a bad job with the settings as well, they need to fix them up a little.

Halo 4 has a grenade launcher: its called the Sticky Detonator, which does basically the same thing. If you want your old grenade launcher and old settings I suggest going back to Halo Reach.

I wouldnt say that the grenade launcher was that great but I do miss it.

We all spent two years learning how to use that tricky weapon and now we have to learn how to use the sticky detonator and Im absoloutly rubbish with that thing.

I miss the good old days when it was point and kill.

> Halo 4 has a grenade launcher: its called the Sticky Detonator, which does basically the same thing. If you want your old grenade launcher and old settings I suggest going back to Halo Reach.

They barely have the same purpose. Sticky Detonator is a more simple version of Grenade Launcher, with the ability to bounce it removed and in general, making kills easier. Sure, it has the the ability to stick, which is allows for some clever usage, but I would personally rather have the Grenade Launcher. Not only because I like the way it works better, but because the usage mechanic is more intuitive. With the Sticky Detonator you need to pull the trigger twice, first to fire, second to blow it up. With Grenade Launcher it was either to hold down if you wanted to decide when it blows up and use the EMP blast, or pull once and have the automatic detonation.

You can just answer “go back” to everyone missing some older features. The truth it, Grenade Launcher was a unique weapon with a unique function. Not to say Sticky Detonator isn’t, but it doesn’t justify the removal of the Grenade Launcher. While I’m not sure would co-existence be possible, they most certainly aren’t the same thing. And if I got to choice, I’d rather have Grenade Launcher any day.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Forgot bringing back ONLY the grenade launcher! Bring back all the past weapons how they used to be including the Halo 3 BR in Halo 5 and bring back dual wielding.

Spiker :frowning:
Plasma Rifle :frowning:
4 shot BR :frowning:
Brute Shot :frowning:
Needle Rifle :frowning:
Focus Rifle…meh…
Plasma Repeater :*(
A Halo 3 style Beam Rifle :frowning:
Sentinel beam :frowning:

Put all of them in Halo 5. Halo 5 is on the 720 so it can do much more then the 360. Make halo an arena shooter again with all the old gamemodes and new ones. Bring every official gamemode ever made in Halo games and get rid of the COD stuff. Make good maps. Take as long as you like. We can wait as long as you actually make a good game and talk to us! Talk to us about it! Don’t remove features like Can’t drop flag! Don’t change weapons for the sake of it! Don’t copy COD. Stick to Halo 1-2-3 and somewhat of reach style.

Make Halo like this first^ then after (still in development cycle) add cod features into 3 non-main playlists (Infinity slayer) which are at the bottom and make Traditional “Classic” Team slayer Halo and every other gamemode “core classic” Halo. Then make Infinity slayer at the bottom with all those COD features…and a few campaign levels with COD in it but only a few like 2 of them…make the rest classic Halo! Fix everything from Halo 4! Bring back the old graphics style like Halo 3 but slightly updated to be modern so it doesn’t look like star wars with COD which barely resembles Halo!

I didn’t like the Grenade Launcher in Reach, and I don’t like the Sticky Detonator in Halo 4.

More EMP in this game would just kill what little use the vehicles have already.

Loved that weapon. Great addition. Sad to see it’s disappearance.

> More EMP in this game would just kill what little use the vehicles have already.

Considering you can already spawn with the Plasma Pistol, adding the Grenade Launcher as a power weapon would hardly make difference to how often your vehicle gets struck by an EMP.

> Forgot bringing back ONLY the grenade launcher! Bring back all the past weapons how they used to be including the Halo 3 BR in Halo 5 and bring back dual wielding.
>
> Spiker :frowning:
> Plasma Rifle :frowning:
> 4 shot BR :frowning:
> Brute Shot :frowning:
> Needle Rifle :frowning:
> Focus Rifle…meh…
> Plasma Repeater :*(
> A Halo 3 style Beam Rifle :frowning:
> Sentinel beam :frowning:
>
> Put all of them in Halo 5. Halo 5 is on the 720 so it can do much more then the 360. Make halo an arena shooter again with all the old gamemodes and new ones. Bring every official gamemode ever made in Halo games and get rid of the COD stuff. Make good maps. Take as long as you like. We can wait as long as you actually make a good game and talk to us! Talk to us about it! Don’t remove features like Can’t drop flag! Don’t change weapons for the sake of it! Don’t copy COD. Stick to Halo 1-2-3 and somewhat of reach style.
>
> Make Halo like this first^ then after (still in development cycle) add cod features into 3 non-main playlists (Infinity slayer) which are at the bottom and make Traditional “Classic” Team slayer Halo and every other gamemode “core classic” Halo. Then make Infinity slayer at the bottom with all those COD features…and a few campaign levels with COD in it but only a few like 2 of them…make the rest classic Halo! Fix everything from Halo 4! Bring back the old graphics style like Halo 3 but slightly updated to be modern so it doesn’t look like star wars with COD which barely resembles Halo!

They never said Halo 5 would come out on 720.
Sounds like you are complaining.

I rather emp a vehicle with the GL, than pp. Anyways, I hope pp isn’t featured as a loadout weapon in the next game. It should be placed on the map. Then we can bring back the GL.

> > Forgot bringing back ONLY the grenade launcher! Bring back all the past weapons how they used to be including the Halo 3 BR in Halo 5 and bring back dual wielding.
> >
> > Spiker :frowning:
> > Plasma Rifle :frowning:
> > 4 shot BR :frowning:
> > Brute Shot :frowning:
> > Needle Rifle :frowning:
> > Focus Rifle…meh…
> > Plasma Repeater :*(
> > A Halo 3 style Beam Rifle :frowning:
> > Sentinel beam :frowning:
> >
> > Put all of them in Halo 5. Halo 5 is on the 720 so it can do much more then the 360. Make halo an arena shooter again with all the old gamemodes and new ones. Bring every official gamemode ever made in Halo games and get rid of the COD stuff. Make good maps. Take as long as you like. We can wait as long as you actually make a good game and talk to us! Talk to us about it! Don’t remove features like Can’t drop flag! Don’t change weapons for the sake of it! Don’t copy COD. Stick to Halo 1-2-3 and somewhat of reach style.
> >
> > Make Halo like this first^ then after (still in development cycle) add cod features into 3 non-main playlists (Infinity slayer) which are at the bottom and make Traditional “Classic” Team slayer Halo and every other gamemode “core classic” Halo. Then make Infinity slayer at the bottom with all those COD features…and a few campaign levels with COD in it but only a few like 2 of them…make the rest classic Halo! Fix everything from Halo 4! Bring back the old graphics style like Halo 3 but slightly updated to be modern so it doesn’t look like star wars with COD which barely resembles Halo!
>
> They never said Halo 5 would come out on 720.
> Sounds like you are complaining.

^ Are you talking about that? That would be constructive criticism. If you cant tell the difference between constructive criticism and complaining, then please dont post.

I thought that 343 would have added in the Grenade Launcher as Forerunner weapon, as it is a unique weapon for the unique Forerunners. The Sticky Det at least needs more a range to make it anything like the grenade launcher.

I enjoyed the Grenade Launcher and its enhanced vehicle-fighting capabilities, but I’m gonna say that I’m glad it didn’t return for the sake of making vehicles better in Infinity BTB.

You want another(!) EMP device with an even bigger EMP radius??

No thx. I love the sticky detonator.

> > Forgot bringing back ONLY the grenade launcher! Bring back all the past weapons how they used to be including the Halo 3 BR in Halo 5 and bring back dual wielding.
> >
> > Spiker :frowning:
> > Plasma Rifle :frowning:
> > 4 shot BR :frowning:
> > Brute Shot :frowning:
> > Needle Rifle :frowning:
> > Focus Rifle…meh…
> > Plasma Repeater :*(
> > A Halo 3 style Beam Rifle :frowning:
> > Sentinel beam :frowning:
> >
> > Put all of them in Halo 5. Halo 5 is on the 720 so it can do much more then the 360. Make halo an arena shooter again with all the old gamemodes and new ones. Bring every official gamemode ever made in Halo games and get rid of the COD stuff. Make good maps. Take as long as you like. We can wait as long as you actually make a good game and talk to us! Talk to us about it! Don’t remove features like Can’t drop flag! Don’t change weapons for the sake of it! Don’t copy COD. Stick to Halo 1-2-3 and somewhat of reach style.
> >
> > Make Halo like this first^ then after (still in development cycle) add cod features into 3 non-main playlists (Infinity slayer) which are at the bottom and make Traditional “Classic” Team slayer Halo and every other gamemode “core classic” Halo. Then make Infinity slayer at the bottom with all those COD features…and a few campaign levels with COD in it but only a few like 2 of them…make the rest classic Halo! Fix everything from Halo 4! Bring back the old graphics style like Halo 3 but slightly updated to be modern so it doesn’t look like star wars with COD which barely resembles Halo!
>
> They never said Halo 5 would come out on 720.
> Sounds like you are complaining.

You’re right, a game that’s coming out in 2015, two years after the release of the next Xbox, will definitely come out on the Xbox 360.

How about this … Bring back brute weapons. The Spiker was my go to weapon in Halo 3 and Reach also the Brute Shot was a favorite in H3. No weapons came into the sandbox the justify the removal of the Brtue Shot or Spiker. Bring these weapons back as well.

I used to be pretty good with the Grenade Launcher as the passenger in Rocket Race.

The Grenade Launcher was just better in so many ways.

  1. EMP. You all know how amazing it felt to time your shot and knock that Banshee back down to Earth.

  2. Better controls. I’m frequently killed because of this stupid Sticky Detonator. From the grenade just not going off, or blowing up because it was too far away, or from reloading three times without firing, it just never fails to mess up. The Grenade Launcher always went off without a hitch, went as far as you needed, and stayed as long as you wanted.

  3. More variability. Sure, the Sticky Detonator is sticky, which is extremely useful, but more times than not I find myself wishing I could bounce that thing off three walls and through a window for an awesome kill.

I hate the nade launcher. To noobish!