Bring back the classic Warthog

I cant lie when I say one thing that peeved me about H2A was the lack of a graphically enhanced Bungie era warthog, considering literally everything else was faithfully remastered. Thus, I was also disappointed to see that it was also absent in HW2, where it was supposedly a return to classic design, with new ones also present.

So, if infinite is truly a return to Bungie era design, can we please get the old warthog back alongside its newer variant? I’m hoping that this also extends to weapons and other vehicles too, because a mix of old and newer vehicle/weapon models and designs would be pretty dope.

What’s the difference in them?

OP, I really not that bothered by the new design, but I would prefer something closer to the original.

> 2533274855683281;2:
> What’s the difference in them?

Halo: Reach Warthog.
Halo 4/5 Warthog

Overall they look the same to me just the little pinstripe on the halo 4/5 warthog and a little bit of color difference, either way they look okay to me but what don’t you like about the newer warthogs?

The one in the trailer looked like the 343 design (you can tell by the back) which I’m personally fine with.

I think it would be cool if we could get all the variations as skins, or maybe an option you can turn on and off for new/old designs.

I’m okay with the Hog getting an upgrade after 25 or more years of service, but I think the Hog should have stayed the classic style in H2A rather then the new one. (However, I prefer the classic style personally)

It would be fun to see the old Worthog somewhere in the game, and drivable too. Maybe like there is a crashed pelican somewere, (a possible remnant of the first group to be on the installation) and the worthog fell off of it and you can drive it.

It’s not a full return to the bungie era. It’s a new style that is based on the old one, not the exact same style. So chances are it isn’t changing

I agree on the H2A point, not so much the Halo Infinite point.

I think the E3 engine trailer was moreso to illustrate a hybrid artstyle that pulls from the best of each game (Reach Marines with the H5 BR, CE Landscapes, H2 underwater ruins with what looks like a Retriever Sentinel beside them, the H4 Warthog and of course the H3 inspired Mk.VI) rather than a complete ‘return to Bungie era’.
It shows that, hopefully, 343 aren’t disregarding any of the previous titles when it comes to inspiration for this new game, which is polar opposite to the ‘our way is the only way’ attitude they’ve had with H4 and H5.

> 2533274819030629;3:
> OP, I really not that bothered by the new design, but I would prefer something closer to the original.
>
>
> > 2533274855683281;2:
> > What’s the difference in them?
>
> Halo: Reach Warthog.
> Halo 4/5 Warthog

Judging by those pictures, it looks like mainly the extra handles. Also that 4/5 picture is too low res to see much detail but generally the older designs do look better. Try this H5 for example it looks too much like plastic, there’s extra detail that just doesn’t feel like it was needed but for me I just want the Halo to actually sound like a warthog again.
It’s like Halo 1-3, Reach they sound like a proper warthog but then Halo 2A ends up sounding more like it came from Colin McRae Rally racing game, which is weird.
Meanwhile for some odd reason the Warthog ended up sounding more like a sports car…which made no sense, then H5 went back to awful the Colin McRae Rally sounds again.

> 2533274855683281;4:
> Overall they look the same to me just the little pinstripe on the halo 4/5 warthog and a little bit of color difference, either way they look okay to me but what don’t you like about the newer warthogs?

Mostly personal preference, but I think its been mentioned before- the Bungie era hog was sleek and futuristic, minimalist really. The new hog, while cool in its own way, looks too modern (suspension, jerrycans, drab paint/ details, kinda unnecessary bars). There may be some bias since they decided to cram their version into H2A…

Again, I dont mind the new version, I get 343 wanted to stand out- but it would be nice IF they decide to bring back many old designs, to not forget a faithful version of the most iconic vehicles in gaming.

Maybe they could take the Installation 01 approach:

https://static.i01.co/blog/WH1.jpg

> 2533274829873463;10:
> > 2533274819030629;3:
> > OP, I really not that bothered by the new design, but I would prefer something closer to the original.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274855683281;2:
> > > What’s the difference in them?
> >
> > Halo: Reach Warthog.
> > Halo 4/5 Warthog
>
> Judging by those pictures, it looks like mainly the extra handles. Also that 4/5 picture is too low res to see much detail but generally the older designs do look better. Try this H5 for example it looks too much like plastic, there’s extra detail that just doesn’t feel like it was needed but for me I just want the Halo to actually sound like a warthog again.
> It’s like Halo 1-3, Reach they sound like a proper warthog but then Halo 2A ends up sounding more like it came from Colin McRae Rally racing game, which is weird.
> Meanwhile for some odd reason the Warthog ended up sounding more like a sports car…which made no sense, then H5 went back to awful the Colin McRae Rally sounds again.

Yeah, I don’t really like the silver handles or the plastic look. The rest of the design is fine. You’re right about the sound though. The Halo 4 Warthog sounds like you took it out of gear and are just mashing the gas pedal.

> 2533274819030629;12:
> > 2533274829873463;10:
> > > 2533274819030629;3:
> > > OP, I really not that bothered by the new design, but I would prefer something closer to the original.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274855683281;2:
> > > > What’s the difference in them?
> > >
> > > Halo: Reach Warthog.
> > > Halo 4/5 Warthog
> >
> > Judging by those pictures, it looks like mainly the extra handles. Also that 4/5 picture is too low res to see much detail but generally the older designs do look better. Try this H5 for example it looks too much like plastic, there’s extra detail that just doesn’t feel like it was needed but for me I just want the Halo to actually sound like a warthog again.
> > It’s like Halo 1-3, Reach they sound like a proper warthog but then Halo 2A ends up sounding more like it came from Colin McRae Rally racing game, which is weird.
> > Meanwhile for some odd reason the Warthog ended up sounding more like a sports car…which made no sense, then H5 went back to awful the Colin McRae Rally sounds again.
>
> Yeah, I don’t really like the silver handles or the plastic look. The rest of the design is fine. You’re right about the sound though. The Halo 4 Warthog sounds like you took it out of gear and are just mashing the gas pedal.

Maybe, not really a big of fan of real vehicles so hard for me to tell but I was a fan of classic Halo vehicles, to me the way they looked, sounded felt conic while nothing about the 4,5 warthogs sound right.

As long as they keep the updated and better design from Halo 4 too I don’t see a problem.