Bring Back The Classic Sniper

I’ve been playing halo 4 for nearly 2 years but only in the past few months i’ve started seeing myself as the competitive player that i am. With that i’ve been using the sniper more and it brings to request heavily that the halo 4 version of the sniper isn’t good and needs to be changed in Halo 5. When i play Halo 1-3 and use the sniper it feels slightly heavier and the audio sounds more chunky like a “THUNK” sound and it was satisfying getting a kill with it as it sounded like it packed a punch which it did unlike the halo 4 sniper which came off as more of a “DINK” sound!

The halo 4 sniper seems very flimsy, it’s weaker and relies on snapshots or direct headshots to get a 1 hit kill. Since sprint was implemented it has became harder to hit headshots with a sniper as players can challenge you a lot faster. Halo 5 won’t be out for another year so surely 343i can make this happen, bring back the better re-skin of the UNSC sniper, we know you listen to us, so listen to this, something as small as this will make the biggest difference to the halo community.

P.S make the body hit from the chest to the head a 1 shot kill, any lower make it 2 shots unlike Halo 4 where it’s only a 1 shot in the head and 2 shots any where below

Anybody else agree? if not comment why.

It was 1 hit to the head/2 hits anywhere below in all the past Halos. If you don’t like the sound or even the design, that’s your opinion, but the killtimes of the sniper had always been the same.

if anything i just want the sniper to feel the tiniest bit more weighted

1 Headshot.

2 Bodyshots.

1 Bodyshot and 1 Headshot.

The damage has always been the same. The Sniper has always be the same, Halo 4 is NO exception.

What has changed however, Is the design and sound. That’s it. In terms of design, Just don’t slap Wall-E’s head on it and we’ll be cool.

I think the Sniper in Halo 4 is just to big… It takes to much place on the screen…

> 2533274838119459;5:
> I think the Sniper in Halo 4 is just to big… It takes to much place on the screen…

I agree with Naded Wookie, the scope of the sniper in Halo 4 is ridiculously big. I would also like to see the green scope coming back but it doesn’t really matter.

A human sniper with OHK body shots sounds pretty crazily overpowered. At least the Binary Rifle has drawbacks to it.

> 2533274838119459;5:
> I think the Sniper in Halo 4 is just to big… It takes to much place on the screen…

Well it is an anti-material rifle. It should be rather big.

I’d vote for a heavier sound as well.

A slight downsize and night-vision brought back

Snipers have always functioned the same. They’ve just looked and sounded different over the years.