Bring back the Brute shot!

the brute shot is one of the most iconic weapons to come out of halo 2 and halo 3, It should be brought back because it is such a good weapon, and because it is a very unique weapon among first person shooters.

They might do it for Halo 6 especially as the Brutes are back in town.

> 2535441863016210;1:
> the brute shot is one of the most iconic weapons to come out of halo 2 and halo 3, It should be brought back because it is such a good weapon, and because it is a very unique weapon among first person shooters.

I’m not opposed to it, but which version? There was a huge difference in the Brute Shot between those two games! I believe the Halo 2 Brute Shot was stronger, but had a lower ROF and fewer shots than the Halo 3 version.
There are other things I’d like to see make a return (mostly vehicles), namely the Revenant from Reach, the Brute Chopper, and the Flamethrower of Halo 3.

they could bring back both versions like they did with the beam rifle

it would also be very cool to get the flamethrower from 1

> 2535440693312185;3:
> > 2535441863016210;1:
> > the brute shot is one of the most iconic weapons to come out of halo 2 and halo 3, It should be brought back because it is such a good weapon, and because it is a very unique weapon among first person shooters.
>
> I’m not opposed to it, but which version? There was a huge difference in the Brute Shot between those two games! I believe the Halo 2 Brute Shot was stronger, but had a lower ROF and fewer shots than the Halo 3 version.
> There are other things I’d like to see make a return (mostly vehicles), namely the Revenant from Reach, the Brute Chopper, and the Flamethrower of Halo 3.

If the concussion rifle is to make a return, then I would go with the Halo 2 version since the concussion rifle is close to the Halo 3 version in terms of function.

> 2533274852660538;6:
> > 2535440693312185;3:
> > > 2535441863016210;1:
> > > the brute shot is one of the most iconic weapons to come out of halo 2 and halo 3, It should be brought back because it is such a good weapon, and because it is a very unique weapon among first person shooters.
> >
> > I’m not opposed to it, but which version? There was a huge difference in the Brute Shot between those two games! I believe the Halo 2 Brute Shot was stronger, but had a lower ROF and fewer shots than the Halo 3 version.
> > There are other things I’d like to see make a return (mostly vehicles), namely the Revenant from Reach, the Brute Chopper, and the Flamethrower of Halo 3.
>
> If the concussion rifle is to make a return, then I would go with the Halo 2 version since the concussion rifle is close to the Halo 3 version in terms of function.

I’m all for 343i just ripping the Concussion Rifle from Halo 4 and giving it a brute skin.

May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.

> 2533274805640921;8:
> May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.

Yeah, maybe bring back the Spiker, and Maule too.

> 2533274805640921;8:

Yeah, maybe bring back the Spiker, and Maule too.

> 2533274805640921;8:

We don’t even know whether they’ll release more major updates or not, I’ve been 3 months waiting to see some news on the Community Updates, but pretty much all of it is HW2 and HCS with some Playlist Updates and the Community Spotlights. I’d still like to see one last update, plus as I stated in many threads, I NEED the Brute Shot for my Spartan to finally be complete with the DMR/Brute Shot Loadout (that and regaining some form of Bubble Shield). I don’t care whether it happens in H5, H6 or whenever it needs to, but I need to have my Spartan be the dream Spartan I’ve always wanted to have.

I have stoped playing/buying all Halo products that have left out any Brute elements.

This includes Brutes, choppers, maulers, spikers and especially Brute shots.

Brutes were fun to kill and their weapons and vehicles were even more fun to use. Nothing in any of the new Halo releases have matched the joy of smashing through a Hog with a Chopper, or that satisfying “crack” of hitting another player/enemy in the dome with the Mauler, or the uppercut with the Brute shot blade.

I really want them to bring it back in halo 5, but its highly certain to return in halo 6.

Love the brute shot especially when the enemy body flops all over the place

> 2535466397409702;11:
> > 2533274805640921;8:
> > May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.
>
> We don’t even know whether they’ll release more major updates or not, I’ve been 3 months waiting to see some news on the Community Updates, but pretty much all of it is HW2 and HCS with some Playlist Updates and the Community Spotlights. I’d still like to see one last update, plus as I stated in many threads, I NEED the Brute Shot for my Spartan to finally be complete with the DMR/Brute Shot Loadout (that and regaining some form of Bubble Shield). I don’t care whether it happens in H5, H6 or whenever it needs to, but I need to have my Spartan be the dream Spartan I’ve always wanted to have.

Yeah it’s all speculation I have no concrete info on that update.

> 2533274805640921;15:
> > 2535466397409702;11:
> > > 2533274805640921;8:
> > > May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.
> >
> > We don’t even know whether they’ll release more major updates or not, I’ve been 3 months waiting to see some news on the Community Updates, but pretty much all of it is HW2 and HCS with some Playlist Updates and the Community Spotlights. I’d still like to see one last update, plus as I stated in many threads, I NEED the Brute Shot for my Spartan to finally be complete with the DMR/Brute Shot Loadout (that and regaining some form of Bubble Shield). I don’t care whether it happens in H5, H6 or whenever it needs to, but I need to have my Spartan be the dream Spartan I’ve always wanted to have.
>
> Yeah it’s all speculation I have no concrete info on that update.

I wish that at least 343 tells us whether they’re planning on releasing more content updates to H5 or not. Just to not keep the players waiting. Just say “Yes, we’re working on more content updates” or “No, we aren’t currently working on any more content updates for Halo 5”. They may listen to feedback (look at the HW2 artstyle) but they still should engage into more communication in these forums besides the occasional comments. And please, cut it with the damn HCS all over the place, I never cared about e-sports just like I never cared about actual sports, and I never will. I’m surprised the Competitive audience isn’t tired of it, it’s been like 10 Championships at least since H5 came out. Once or twice a year will suffice! Ok, I’m going off-topic here. Back to topic, GIVE ME MY BRUTE SHOT BACK!

> 2535444339730108;10:
> > 2533274805640921;8:
> > May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.
>
> Yeah, maybe bring back the Spiker, and Maule too.

Prowler anyone?

> 2533274843869123;17:
> > 2535444339730108;10:
> > > 2533274805640921;8:
> > > May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.
> >
> > Yeah, maybe bring back the Spiker, and Maule too.
>
> Prowler anyone?

Brute Chopper would also be nice.

I want the Brute Shot back too! The stopping power it has on players and especially vehicles made it fun to use. Plus the melee advantage usually ensured victory in 1 on 1 brawls.

> 2533274805640921;18:
> > 2533274843869123;17:
> > > 2535444339730108;10:
> > > > 2533274805640921;8:
> > > > May be part of the banished update for Halo 5’s last content drop.
> > >
> > > Yeah, maybe bring back the Spiker, and Maule too.
> >
> > Prowler anyone?
>
> Brute Chopper would also be nice.

I liked the revenant most from reach. The chopper would need some fixes on its maneuverability. That thing was often too weak and slow, you could easily get killed before you could do any major damage. The mauler and spiker were great too. I miss duel wielding maulers in 3 and fighting the hordes of flood with those op hand cannons.