Bring back the best MP map of all Halo's!

Since we are now back at a Halo ring, it shouldn’t be a canonical issue.

The map I’m talking about, which many consider to be one of the most competitive, fun, rewarding and obj-suitable, is Narrows from Halo 3.

Most people on these forums focus on campaign, but MP is still what keeps tens of thousands of players glued to the game until the next comes out.

What do people think of this map-request? :slight_smile:

This is a great choice, but they would have to change much of it because of the movement mechanics they will most likely have in Infinite. Narrows was one of my favorites though, particularly with capture the flag and team doubles. It was chaos when the enemy team took your flag and you saw them hop in the man cannon and shoot across.

Hopefully the team will create new and remixed maps for HI that work well with the game.

I would love to have great classic maps make a return, but if I never have to play on narrows again I will be ok. I’m more of a lockout or the pit fan.

Anything asymmetrical, please.

Narrows is a great map. Hell, I’ll even take Snowbound or Isolation over the current map design.

I rather have new Dev maps over remakes, halo 5 had not one dev map for btb and it sucked so bad!

H3 has some of the GOAT maps imo. Sooo good.

I’m all for a Narrows remake if the gameplay is more classic. If not, better to just focus on maps that compliment the mobility than try to scale classic maps.

Narrows is a fine map with a fun central gimmick, but I don’t particularly yearn for it back because, frankly, I’m not that into the concept of remakes to begin with. I think there’s a lot of latent potential in Halo’s map design, I think 343i has regressed the standard of Halo’s map design, and I’d really like them to put more effort into creating more interesting and memorable original maps.

In particular…

> 2533274808754416;4:
> Anything asymmetrical, please.

I second this.

There’s a real lack of good asymmetric maps in Halo, has been for years. (Though I can’t blame 343i for not trying. Halo 5 has multiple symmetric maps, they’re just nothing to write home about.) It doesn’t help that many people have been conditioned into thinking that competitive = symmetric when in reality symmetric maps are just easier to design, and balance just comes out of symmetry, which naturally makes it difficult to screw up a symmetric map for competitive play. Asymmetric maps are more difficult because they require understanding of balance as more than just symmetry, and they take more effort to create because you can’t just design half the map and then copy it to the other side, but if they succeed, they are more interesting to the player because they contain more variety in the same space, leading to more complex map control and a wider strategic landscape.

I been thinking of a few maps I would like to return but of course look different.

1. Sandtrap, but make it a different environment like a snowy are where ice could be on the map to mix up vehicles movement on the map or completely be forerunner.

2. Exile, because it was 343i take on the blood gultch esk map style

3.Guardian, but maybe set in a returiver sentanler or in a actually guardian

> 2533274936074323;10:
> I been thinking of a few maps I would like to return but of course look different.
> 1. Sandtrap, but make it a different environment like a snowy are where ice could be on the map to mix up vehicles movement on the map or completely be forerunner.
>
> 2. Exile, because it was 343i take on the blood gultch esk map style
>
> 3.Guardian, but maybe set in a returiver sentanler or in a actually guardian

I like the sandtrap idea and Exile is one of my fav big team maps and really 343’s only good big team map since taking over. But I think if Guardian is gonna come back it needs to be a direct remake. That map is way too iconic to chnage.

Narrows is a fun map, but it’s not the best. I agree about asymmetrical maps being brought back since they can be tailor made for 1 bomb/flag gametypes which Halo has been severely lacking lately.

it’s not one of my favorites but it’s a pretty good map. I’d like to see a newer redesigned version of it in infinite.

I mean gives us maps sure… gives us forge on day one… you’ll have maps for years and quality matching those of 343i.

I’m not a big fan of Halo 3 MP myself so I don’t play it that often, but from what I recall I don’t want Narrows back. Too “Narrow” for my personal tastes. That’s just me though. If it will make the majority of the community happy, then I’m fine with it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s a symmetrical map isn’t it? Which means bringing it back kinda goes against the pro-asymmetry maps running through this thread.

never was a big fan of narrows (way to much spawn snipes), but would definitely love to see High Ground or Standoff return