Bring back the Beam rifle!

I don’t know if a topic on this has been made already, but one of my favorite weapons from H2 and H3 was the Beam Rifle. Especially in H2 when you could fire off 2 shots much faster than the Sniper Rifle. The Focus Rifle in Reach just didn’t cut it for me. Hopefully when they release information on more new weapons the Beam Rifle is included. Anyone else want to see this make a comeback?

That would be awesome if it makes a comeback, the Focus Rifle was too awful to be it’s predecessor.

i agree with both of you i loved the beam rifle and the focus rifle just didnt cut it as a sniper

It was kind of redundant. Though i still miss it! The focus rifle was a really nice addition to the sandbox IMO.

I loved the Portable Death Star (Focus Rifle) in Reach! I think it was decent as a Sniper, but it was just so lovely to use! It was a jet-packer’s worst nightmare!

If Sentinels return, I guess I’d be satisfied if the Sentinel Beam comes with them.

The Beam Rifle was even more redundant. It was essentially a Sniper Rifle that you didn’t need to reload.

> I loved the Portable Death Star (Focus Rifle) in Reach! I think it was decent as a Sniper, but it was just so lovely to use! It was a jet-packer’s worst nightmare!
>
> If Sentinels return, I guess I’d be satisfied if the Sentinel Beam comes with them.
>
> The Beam Rifle was even more redundant. It was essentially a Sniper Rifle that you didn’t need to reload.

No way man, the Beam Rifle was far less redundant than the Focus Rifle, in fact the Focus Rifle isn’t even redundant because it’s nowhere near as useful as a sniper rifle.

The second you fire the beam at someone if that had been a sniper rifle they would already be dead or out of shields. The Bacon Wave took way too much effort without enough effect. It was better at close range than at long lol.

People say it’s a counter sniper, but that’s the dumbest idea ever, another sniper- is a counter sniper. After all, it takes the same amount of time to acquire a target with the FR as it does with a sniper, the difference being if he shoots you, you’re dead, and if you shoot him you just tickle him with your laser beam.

At least the Beam Rifle provided an interesting trade off. You could fire two shots consecutively if you were in a pinch or couldn’t get a headshot, then you’d overheat. You could just pace your shots and avoid overheating and this was a steady way to provide constant fire to people trying to cross the open spaces of a map and there would be no gaps in fire because you never had to reload. The only downside was that there was no replenishing battery life or combining with another Beam Rifle.

Granted, it’s not necessary to be there, it’s a duplicate sniper for the most part in terms of function in the sandbox, but it’s still better IMO than having the stupid FR. The Beam Rifle makes me feel a little bit more into the fiction and disparity between Covy weapons and Human weapons. Besides, the Sentinel Beam should replace the FR anyways.

I’d like the Beam Rifle to be included in Halo 4. It was one of my favorite weapons in Halo 2 and 3.