Bring back the beam rifle

bungie made a mistake removing it and replacing it with the focus rifle, the beam rifle was the covenant’s version of the sniper rifle and was just as powerful and accurate, but then they bring in the focus rifle which is complete bull compared to the sniper rifle.

i love to snipe i didnt much in halo 3 but i do in reach and i love to pay invasion but im tired of having to try and still the spartan sniper becuase the focus rifle is rubbish if they kept the beam rifle in we wouldnt have this problem and im pretty sure most will agree to bring back the beam rifle.

343i if you read this bring it back, if you cant for reach which you most likely cant then bring it back for halo 4

Well 2 things. First, I do like the beam rifle. This is kind of of topic but i liked the halo 1,2,3 sniping style better than the reach style it took more skill and the sniper just looked cooler.

> Well 2 things. First, I do like the beam rifle. This is kind of of topic but i liked the halo 1,2,3 sniping style better than the reach style it took more skill and the sniper just looked cooler.

i totally agree that is the main reason i like sniping in reach over halo 3 is because im better at it but in halo 3 with the sniper i werent terrible but wasnt amazing i mean i got a few perfections with it but i prefered to move around with a BR and shotgun over sniping in halo3 i just want them to bring it back as it would balance invasion out much more, and yes the halo 3 sniping did take mor skill and im not bothered if they bring that style back in halo 4

I personally want both - they both occupy distinct places in Multiplayer. The Focus Rifle takes the place of the H3 Sentinel Beam, albeit in Multiplayer with more range and precision. The Beam Rifle should be there too, to be the Covenant version of the Sniper Rifle.

> bungie made a mistake removing it and replacing it with the focus rifle, the beam rifle was the covenant’s version of the sniper rifle and was just as powerful and accurate, but then they bring in the focus rifle which is complete bull compared to the sniper rifle.
>
> i love to snipe i didnt much in halo 3 but i do in reach and i love to pay invasion but im tired of having to try and still the spartan sniper becuase the focus rifle is rubbish if they kept the beam rifle in we wouldnt have this problem and im pretty sure most will agree to bring back the beam rifle.
>
> 343i if you read this bring it back, if you cant for reach which you most likely cant then bring it back for halo 4

i agree the foucus rifle is -Yoink- and the beam rifle needs to be brought back and who thinks they should have BOTH dmr and br in halo 4

A variation of the Beam, yes. I could go for that. I foresee the Sentinel laser returning in 1 or 3 forms to replace the power-fullauto. I hope it gets slightly more umph than it has now, about 10-25% more umph. Say for the time it takes 2 body shots to kill with a Sniper-like, maybe just a smidgen more, that’s how long of sustained fire the lighting-gun like weapon take to kill IMO.

Was thinking, hows a weapon similar to the S.Laser, in that it charges and fires, yet it has 2 or 3 levels of charging damage? Say about 1 second of charging and it deals laser-damage equal to that of a frag. With about 2 seconds of charging, it does enough damage to destroy a 'Hog or Banshee-like, but since it’s a laser, it can destroy many 'Hogs at once. 2 shots of this caliber will take down a tank. And then for say 3 seconds of charging… BOOOM, a kills-all laser.

And then for something like the Plasma Launcher, have electric-charged plasma (more so than heat charged) that is half as powerful as it is now. And have them add cumulatively. So the first shot charged homes in and sticks, it EMPs only and takes down shields or causes vehicles to lock their controls for a second or two(instead of disabling them). If 2 electrics stick, it’s still a disabling EM-shock to vehicles that survive, but the explosion is on par with a sticky, so dead infantry and disabled and damaged vehicles. If 3 shots hit, it’s enough to severely damage a tank and set off a large radius EM that disables shields and causes the same effect as the 1 hit (wacky vehicles instead of disabled). If it’s 4 hits, it’s an explosion the size and strength (at least) of a Scorpion hit that emits an EM field that takes down shields and causes wacky vehicles (to anything just slightly outside the kill zone, not much, but a little bit)

Human weapons are easy to design, alien weapons are exotic fun:)

Hell yes. Bring back that Beam Rifle.

I really liked the Halo 2 version over the Halo 3 version. The H2 one had more shots, so I naturally preferred that one. But then again in that game you didn’t have bed-wetters who asked for the Sniper to have lower clips like you had in H3. As for the Focus Rifle, you can’t call it a Sniper. It clears shields well, but it is mostly an assist machine. Pretty sure you can’t even get headshots with it. The Focus Rifle is just another ‘smh moment’ in Reach. There are many of them.

Also it would be nice to have that Beam Rifle back in Team Snipers. Then maybe they could entirely eliminate the Pistol and grenades in the playlist. The Pistol is just a crutch for lesser players in Snipes anyway.

Also there is a call for balance in Invasion Slayer. The Humans spawn with a Sniper rifle in Hemorrhage, while the Elites have the puny Focus Rifle. A Beam Rifle would help balance things. Haven’t played Invasion in a while, but I’ve heard that complaint.