Bring Back Slayer Pro but Re-tweaked

Slayer Pro was a great playlist, but it fell short because it lacked the newness Halo 4 offered in regards to all the new gameplay elements.

Slayer Pro should define what the highest competitive skill-demand version of H4 can be, and it should be allowed to evolve over time with re-tweaking of settings deemed by 343 and the community.

In my opinion, 343 should bring back Slayer Pro but with some re-tweaked settings:

Allow all customized loadouts
Disable motion sensor radar
Place timed weapon drops that are consistent throughout the match
Place timed powerup drops that are consistent throughout the match
Tweak the instant respawn time to 3-5 seconds
Disable the kill-cam
Enable skill-based matchmaking with a ranking system

I believe this would be a great start to evolving the Slayer Pro playlist.

> Slayer Pro was a great playlist, but it fell short because it lacked the newness Halo 4 offered in regards to all the new gameplay elements.
>
> Slayer Pro should define what the highest competitive skill-demand version of H4 can be, and it should be allowed to evolve over time with re-tweaking of settings deemed by 343 and the community.
>
> In my opinion, 343 should bring back Slayer Pro but with some re-tweaked settings:
>
> Allow all customized loadouts
> Disable motion sensor radar
> <mark>Place timed weapon drops that are consistent throughout the match</mark>
> <mark>Place timed powerup drops that are consistent throughout the match</mark>
> <mark>Tweak the instant respawn time to 3-5 seconds</mark>
> <mark>Disable the kill-cam</mark>
> <mark>Enable skill-based matchmaking with a ranking system</mark>
>
> I believe this would be a great start to evolving the Slayer Pro playlist.

The entire game should have these…

Yea no idea why they took it away in the first place

> Yea no idea why they took it away in the first place

To tweak it, it was posted in one of the bulletins.

> > <mark>Enable skill-based matchmaking with a ranking system</mark>
> >
> > I believe this would be a great start to evolving the Slayer Pro playlist.
>
> The entire game should have these…

The entire game already has skill based matchmaking and ranking. The ranking just isn’t visible. Trueskill is still used behind the scenes.

They’ve already said Slayer Pro will return after tweaking, so this is just reiterating what 343 has already said they will do (as far as the return)

I heard that current Slayer Pro had AR, since I never touched it is that true? then what a fail

As you mentioned, Slayer Pro did not meet the specific needs of the playerbase. We plan to bring it back to Matchmaking after we have time to fine-tune it and make it a more optimal competitive experience. Thanks for your patience and posting your thoughts - we’re listening.

> Allow all customized loadouts

Why? That defeats the entire purpose of Slayer Pro.

> we’re listening.

Lel.

> I heard that current Slayer Pro had AR, since I never touched it is that true? then what a fail

Yes and I really don’t see how it’s an issue.

^ holy crap 343 just replied to a thread. screen caps

> ^ holy crap 343 just replied to a thread. screen caps

What?!?!?!?! Perhaps the Custom Games Thread with over 1100 thanks, 750 favourites and 177 pages will get a reply too :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > <mark>Enable skill-based matchmaking with a ranking system</mark>
> > >
> > > I believe this would be a great start to evolving the Slayer Pro playlist.
> >
> > The entire game should have these…
>
> The entire game already has skill based matchmaking and ranking. The ranking just isn’t visible. Trueskill is still used behind the scenes.
>
> They’ve already said Slayer Pro will return after tweaking, so this is just reiterating what 343 has already said they will do (as far as the return)

You should of quoted all of my post…

> As you mentioned, Slayer Pro did not meet the specific needs of the playerbase. We plan to bring it back to Matchmaking after we have time to fine-tune it and make it a more optimal competitive experience. Thanks for your patience and posting your thoughts - we’re listening.

good news. any more info on the TU?

> You should of quoted all of my post…

That’s the only point I disagreed with enough (because it exists) to quibble about.

> As you mentioned, Slayer Pro did not meet the specific needs of the playerbase. We plan to bring it back to Matchmaking after we have time to fine-tune it and make it a more optimal competitive experience. Thanks for your patience and posting your thoughts - we’re listening.

Are you guys taking ideas on how CSR should be done?

> > Allow all customized loadouts
>
> Why? That defeats the entire purpose of Slayer Pro.
>
>
>
> > we’re listening.
>
> Lel.
>
>
>
> > I heard that current Slayer Pro had AR, since I never touched it is that true? then what a fail
>
> Yes and I really don’t see how it’s an issue.

Pro for using an automatic weapon with hitscan and huge bullet magnetism? Sure… for some reason it is the most used weapon for casuals

> Pro for using an automatic weapon with hitscan and huge bullet magnetism? Sure… for some reason it is the most used weapon for casuals

I can apply that same argument for the DMR.

The difference is the AR is actually pretty balanced.

No, I’m not an ‘AR casual’, but I see no issue with people who choose to use it. It has a very small range, actually fills a legitimate niche.

Yes, I know that the DMR is pretty much the same thing but at least you gotta try to aim with it, AR is just “hold down the trigger furiously” and no need to aim much. even the boltshot takes more skill.

It has already been said but no custom loadouts defeats the entire purpose of slayer pro…

> Yes, I know that the DMR is pretty much the same thing but at least you gotta try to aim with it, AR is just “hold down the trigger furiously” and no need to aim much. even the boltshot takes more skill.

You dont really have to aim with the dmr either that thing has so much aim assist/bullet mag its ridiculous.

> Yes, I know that the DMR is pretty much the same thing but at least you gotta try to aim with it, AR is just “hold down the trigger furiously” and no need to aim much. even the boltshot takes more skill.

I can argue that the AR takes at least as much skill as the DMR at longer ranges.

Anyways, the thing is, I think Team Slayer Pro would be pretty bland, particularly for the general population, if it was only BR’s. Variety is fun when it’s actually balanced.

You could maybe just put some on the map instead. Not that I would really care if it was removed eitherway, but I just don’t have any issue with it.