Bring Back Scope Break When Hit

One of the staple tactics of Halo has always been the feature that when you are scoped in and shot, you would unscope. It was one of the best tactics when trying to take down a Sniper. Just keep popping his scope and eventually get the kill.

The same was great in BR battles. You had to either learn how to quickly scope back in or how to aim without a scope and land your shots.

Do you think this feature should be brought back? And do away with flinching? It should though still be left as a bonus to the Specialization.

Only on certain weapons. For example, the light rifle does more damage when scoped in. Making it knock out of scope when shot would make it absolutely useless in an actual fight.

But it needs to come back on the DMR and all snipers. I’m still trying to figure out how to counter the snipers and I’m pretty sure it’s mostly impossible.

No thank you. That has been one of my biggest complaints about Halo since the beginning.

> No thank you. That has been one of my biggest complaints about Halo since the beginning.

me too but it is needed on the dmr…

> Only on certain weapons. For example, the light rifle does more damage when scoped in. Making it knock out of scope when shot would make it absolutely useless in an actual fight.
>
> But it needs to come back on the DMR and all snipers. I’m still trying to figure out how to counter the snipers and I’m pretty sure it’s mostly impossible.

This.

I agree, it should come back. Flinching isn’t enough to counter snipers. Everytime I find myself in a firefight with a sniper, I get nailed everytime even though I’m landing consistent shots.

No.

it is kind of ridiculous trying to face a sniper now. Even if you get the drop on em and land 2 shots before they see you they still just turn around and kill. Skilled snipers are damn near impossible to take down without a coordinated team effort.

> it is kind of ridiculous trying to face a sniper now. Even if you get the drop on em and land 2 shots before they see you they still just turn around and kill. Skilled snipers are damn near impossible to take down without a coordinated team effort.

Stop talking about me guys, I’m turning red. :slight_smile:
Ha I know the feeling though. The scope should get turned off on a sniper for being shot at simple. Any sniper who can stayed scoped by range will win, no matter how good the BR/DMR is. Two shots scoped in versus four … That’s the first thing I noticed when I picked up the sniper and got shot and was still zoomed in. It took me off guard because and other day I would have lost that battle, but instead put one in his head and you guys know the rest. Like Trepsik said it really does take a whole team to take out the sniper on the opposite team. Good times.

> I agree, it should come back. Flinching isn’t enough to counter snipers. Everytime I find myself in a firefight with a sniper, I get nailed everytime even though I’m landing consistent shots.

Who tries to out-shoot a sniper?

I’d like to see this poll re-done purely for the sniper rifle. Taking down a sniper was always something a little risky and fun - dropping their scope before they could take you out. Now they just stand impervious to bullets and drop you in an instant with literally no weakness.

Yes to snipes, no to every starting weapon.

> > I agree, it should come back. Flinching isn’t enough to counter snipers. Everytime I find myself in a firefight with a sniper, I get nailed everytime even though I’m landing consistent shots.
>
> Who tries to out-shoot a sniper?

What? You just roll over and die if there’s a sniper? Who the hell doesn’t try to outshoot a sniper? If you can pull off the first shot and simply hit him then you’ve dropped his scope and he’s a sitting duck.

Shooting a sniper is the right thing to do - all you need is a body shot, he needs a headshot.