Bring Back Ranked Games to Halo Reach!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of playing with bad people every -Yoink!- time. The Halo Reach playlists are boring and are full of kids that just picked up their first Halo title. Stop trying to be like COD by basing ranked on most hours played.

Bring back RANKED PLAYLISTS to Halo, this game is dieng because of how uncompetitive and boring it is

> Stop trying to be like COD by basing ranked on most hours played.

And have a skill based ranking system? Then you’re creating a progression system that not everybody will ever finish. Thus invalidating the point of it.

> Bring back RANKED PLAYLISTS to Halo, this game is dieng because of how uncompetitive and boring it is

Bring back ranked playlists isn’t going to do anything.

Bringing back the search restrictions from Ranked Playlists is what is going to make changes.

If you want a ranked playlist in Reach, it’s called the Arena. Problem solved.

no the problem has not been solved. How can I play team doubles competitively through matchmaking? How can I play MLG solo without playing a team of 4? The problem is far from solved.

There’s a “Similar Skill” matchmaking restriction in the lobby. I think it works fairly well, but it does have a few hiccups on occasion.

> no the problem has not been solved. How can I play team doubles competitively through matchmaking? How can I play MLG solo without playing a team of 4? The problem is far from solved.

The only current solution you have available to you is this: then play Halo 3. It’s as simple as that. Don’t like Reach’s matchmaking? Don’t play it. No one’s forcing you to play Reach, so stop complaining.

I’ve seen recruits kick a nova’s -Yoink-. It happens VERY often. Your argument is no longer relevant, problem solved.

> The only current solution you have available to you is this: then play Halo 3. It’s as simple as that. Don’t like Reach’s matchmaking? Don’t play it. No one’s forcing you to play Reach, so stop complaining.

This answer is frankly, stupid. It was stupid when players used it over on B.net and it’s stupid now.

Players basically have to choose between a rock and a hard place. The rock being Reach’s MMing system and the hard place being an outdated game with minimal population dominated by foreign hosts. Why even have such a situation in the first place?

> > The only current solution you have available to you is this: then play Halo 3. It’s as simple as that. Don’t like Reach’s matchmaking? Don’t play it. No one’s forcing you to play Reach, so stop complaining.
>
> This answer is frankly, stupid. It was stupid when players used it over on B.net and it’s stupid now.
>
> Players basically have to choose between a rock and a hard place. The rock being Reach’s MMing system and the hard place being an outdated game with minimal population dominated by foreign hosts. Why even have such a situation in the first place?

This rebuttal is, frankly, stupid.

If you complain and don’t like Reach, don’t play it. If you have constructive criticism, leave it in the proper feedback thread. If you like Halo 3, play it. They’re two different games. Players aren’t stuck at all, they should play the game they want to play. If you’re too worried about a game being “outdated” and having a “minimal population” to be considered good, then you’re ignorant and blind. If you enjoy a game, you should play it regardless. This “situation” occurs by players like you in the first place.

As for Halo 3 being “dominated by foreign hosts”… well, I won’t be touch that ridiculous lolwut statement.

I agree 100%, I’m tired of teaming up with bad players. This rarely happened in Halo 3 with its ranking system and please don’t reply with “Go play Halo 3” because it is dominated with foreign players being host (if you are a real competitive Halo player you know how significant host advantage is, especially in Halo 3).

Another reason why I want rank playlists is because:

  1. Arena does not have objective. Multi Flag is my favorite gametype, Crazy King is good on certain maps (TU Beta playlist made me realize that)

  2. If anyone says derankers and boosters are a problem…well your stupid. Most derankers are actually good players, sure they don’t play so you’ll most likely end up losing but thanks to their most likely terrible win/loss record the trueskill system would probably not change your rank. Also to be a booster, you have to be a good player and boosters help people that are on their team.

You aren’t going to get Ranked back. End of.

Slightly more likely is an expansion of Arena, but I still wouldn’t hold my breath,

> You aren’t going to get Ranked back. End of.
>
> Slightly more likely is an expansion of Arena, but I still wouldn’t hold my breath,

Don’t be too sure, as far as I’m concerned the trueskill system Halo Reach uses is just invisible. If they can make it similar or exactly to what Halo 3’s trueskill system is and make it appear in its own playlists (ie. ranked playlists)

If you posted respectful and thought out suggestions, the chance for your suggestions to be considered increases greatly…

> How can I play team doubles competitively through matchmaking?

Team Doubles used to be a ranked playlist, but now enjoys a higher population and greater appeal as an unranked playlist.

> How can I play MLG solo without playing a team of 4?

Making MLG ranked would not solve this problem.

Arena is not a good replacement, it improved slightly when it went to win loss the BPR is a fine addition but a poor replacement for ranked hoppers.

Storing up xp is great fun in an rpg but not so much in a team game like halo. I enjoy cod but its addictive system of xp does not have the same level of satisfaction as the old true skill ranks in halo.

When I played cod I always felt like I was waiting for the next unlock rather than having my mind on the game at hand and how to win it. I mostly play halo with friends so I dont get pissed with people on my team as much as some. defeats are softened and victory’s sweetened because we did them together, as a team, old true skill makes that all the more satisfying.

The cr system would be fine if was not more prominent than skill ranks, you dont have the team destroying RPG /personal xp elements of cod. it was a mistake to move away from skill ranks, halo gave away the moral high ground to cod by chasing its user base and lost some of that musketeer feel (one for all and all for one)

Gave away the moral high ground in as much as teamsports/games are better for the soul, halo is the only game I play that will take a whole party and give you a match up. I have just started to read the halo fiction and it very team based with a high moral standard, well the Spartans seem to be, not so much oni

The majority here seem to be in the whole “If you dont like it then don’t play it” mentality. Seriously? You all know good and well that the population for halo 3 is greatly less than the Population on Reach. Also, who said we didnt like all of it? Us (competetive) players still love Halo. We just are greatly disappointed in its flawed ranking system. Rank should not have anything to do with how much you play. It gives no true sign of skill and to me its pointless. I mean A person that could destroy an inheritor might only be a brigadier or lower all because they do not wish to play this game THAT much, or maybe they dont have the time to play that much. Obviously the brigadier deserves a higher rank, but he doesnt get it based on the fact that he doesnt play as much. Now you say “Well then go play arena.” This system is also flawed. A person’s rank can be affected based upon whether or not they play. A person might reach onyx then have to stop playing. While they are no longer playing other peole reached onyx and that person gets pushed down in rank all because he did not play. this is not fair nor shows any true skill in rank. Also, I much more enjoy a doubles ranked, but apparently that doesn’t matter. Arena is put into one type of game and that is very limiting and you know it. I think the way Halo 3 had it was the best. In the social playlist it had ranks (much like Reach) that was based on how much you play. granted you had to win to earn credit, but that gave incentive to win, which I might add is also lost in this game. Then in the ranked playlist, there were several types of games and this gave a great variety. Also you had a muh better idea of how good a person was based on their 1-50 rank. yes people boosted, but i would rather have a few people that dont deserve a high rank than a whole ton. All we competetive gamers are really asking for is a better ranking system. This one is obviously not fair or true.

> > How can I play team doubles competitively through matchmaking?
>
> Team Doubles used to be a ranked playlist, but now enjoys a higher population and greater appeal as an unranked playlist.
>
>
>
> > How can I play MLG solo without playing a team of 4?
>
> Making MLG ranked would not solve this problem.

  1. Doubles was higher when it was arena. Don’t know why you would lie about this.

  2. yes it would.

> “Go play Halo 3” because it is dominated with foreign players being host (if you are a real competitive Halo player you know how significant host advantage is, especially in Halo 3).

It isn’t that much of an advantage unless your entire team is full green and the other team isn’t.

> 2. If anyone says derankers and boosters are a problem…well your stupid. Most derankers are actually good players, sure they don’t play so you’ll most likely end up losing but thanks to their most likely terrible win/loss record the trueskill system would probably not change your rank. Also to be a booster, you have to be a good player and boosters help people that are on their team.

Derankers were bad players and people who got boosted to their 50’s were awful.