Bring back Poncho Chief

Bring cloaked/poncho Master Chief back to Infinite

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why? He looked retarded dressed in that. He’s a super soldier in a super suit with energy shields. I have no doubt that it’s water proof. Why the poncho?

> 2535426515273563;2:
> Why? He looked retarded dressed in that. He’s a super soldier in a super suit with energy shields. I have no doubt that it’s water proof. Why the poncho?

Because I liked the poncho

First time I saw that trailer with chief in the poncho I thought “Why tf is he wearing a poncho?” I’m still thinking that.

> 2533274866989456;4:
> First time I saw that trailer with chief in the poncho I thought “Why tf is he wearing a poncho?” I’m still thinking that.

Maybe it was a tribute to Destiny? Chief does look a lot like the Hunter on Destiny’s box art with that thing on. Of course, it could also just be an example of somebody in marketing not thinking.

> 2535426515273563;2:
> Why? He looked retarded dressed in that. He’s a super soldier in a super suit with energy shields. I have no doubt that it’s water proof. Why the poncho?

> 2533274866989456;4:
> First time I saw that trailer with chief in the poncho I thought “Why tf is he wearing a poncho?” I’m still thinking that.

My take on it is that he had no shields in the trailer, hence the cracked visor and the cape. The cape was to probably keep the sand particles out of the armour.

When you want ponchos and stuff like that - as I said on another argument - play as a Hunter in Destiny.

For Halo: Just no. Maybe some kind of ghillie Suit or smll grass patterns you can take on your armor but hell not that Destiny poncho… If you want a Space Knight - Destiny.

Pretty sure there was a thread on this last week but my opinion still remains the same. In concept poncho chief looked cool for the trailer. It was a bit suspenseful because you didn’t actually know who it was at first.
In reality for the games though, why would chief be wearing a poncho. I feel like putting something in the game just for the sake of it wouldn’t be wise. I’m strongly against the poncho…

> 2533274861263132;7:
> When you want ponchos and stuff like that - as I said on another argument - play as a Hunter in Destiny.
>
> For Halo: Just no. Maybe some kind of ghillie Suit or smll grass patterns you can take on your armor but hell not that Destiny poncho… If you want a Space Knight - Destiny.

I play destiny, that poncho is nothing like a hunters cloak. Not a good comparison at all.

> 2533274892901745;5:
> > 2533274866989456;4:
> > First time I saw that trailer with chief in the poncho I thought “Why tf is he wearing a poncho?” I’m still thinking that.
>
> Maybe it was a tribute to Destiny? Chief does look a lot like the Hunter on Destiny’s box art with that thing on. Of course, it could also just be an example of somebody in marketing not thinking.

Maybe so. But he still looks stupid imo.

I wouldn’t mind a poncho in multiplayer if a bit more grit and rips were included on its surface similar to Halo 5’s guardian trailer but gritter. I wouldn’t advocate it for multiplayer, all it does is obstruct Master chief’s new armor.

The poncho was made by Halsey and in fact had active camo as well as thermal cloaking. I posted this in the other thread. Also if you beat H5 solo legendary the achievement is him in the same Cloak surrounded by elites

> 2533274809988140;12:
> The poncho was made by Halsey and in fact had active camo as well as thermal cloaking. I posted this in the other thread. Also if you beat H5 solo legendary the achievement is him in the same Cloak surrounded by elites

Nice

I find it funny that 343’s trailers like showing stuff that doesn’t look like halo until ‘surprise’ its halo…then make a halo game that doesn’t look very halo to most the community anyway.

> 2533274964189700;14:
> I find it funny that 343’s trailers like showing stuff that doesn’t look like halo until ‘surprise’ its halo…then make a halo game that doesn’t look very halo to most the community anyway.

I honestly didn’t know anything about that cloak until I looked more into it. I guess it has been referenced in two books.

> 2533274964189700;14:
> I find it funny that 343’s trailers like showing stuff that doesn’t look like halo until ‘surprise’ its halo…then make a halo game that doesn’t look very halo to most the community anyway.

Judging by the Xbox Series X trailers, in Halo Infinite we will discover that Master Chief was Daniel Kaluuya all along and also there is soccer and cars somehow.

> 2533274809988140;15:
> > 2533274964189700;14:
> > I find it funny that 343’s trailers like showing stuff that doesn’t look like halo until ‘surprise’ its halo…then make a halo game that doesn’t look very halo to most the community anyway.
>
> I honestly didn’t know anything about that cloak until I looked more into it. I guess it has been referenced in two books.

I haven’t heard of it being mentioned in anything outside the trailer and the action figure.

> 2533274964189700;17:
> > 2533274809988140;15:
> > > 2533274964189700;14:
> > > I find it funny that 343’s trailers like showing stuff that doesn’t look like halo until ‘surprise’ its halo…then make a halo game that doesn’t look very halo to most the community anyway.
> >
> > I honestly didn’t know anything about that cloak until I looked more into it. I guess it has been referenced in two books.
>
> I haven’t heard of it being mentioned in anything outside the trailer and the action figure.

Halopedia has the pages listed and books. At least that’s where I found the information.

> 2533274887875135;9:
> > 2533274861263132;7:
> > When you want ponchos and stuff like that - as I said on another argument - play as a Hunter in Destiny.
> >
> > For Halo: Just no. Maybe some kind of ghillie Suit or smll grass patterns you can take on your armor but hell not that Destiny poncho… If you want a Space Knight - Destiny.
>
> I play destiny, that poncho is nothing like a hunters cloak. Not a good comparison at all.

“ponchos and stuff like that” :wink:

> 2533274866989456;4:

There is a funny meme saying “you know your screwed when you see Master Chief wearing a poncho” so relatable