Bring Back Oddball

I played oddball almost exclusively for the first months Halo 4 came out. The improvements 343 made were some of the best they brought to the Halo franchise. They worked hard on making the game fun and they even used the Oddball throwing mechanic as an essential marketing point in a gameplay demo before the game came out. The second the crowd saw the ball thrown, they went wild. They were excited to play this new game with this great new mechanic.

Now, it is no longer available as a playlist

I am severely disappointed, outraged, and downtrodden that I cannot play my favorite gametype in this game. I believe it is available in some gametype like action sack or something, but when givin the option between tiny spartans and fiesta and fun games of the like, who would choose oddball?

And what about players like me? people who specifically like just playing oddball? Do I have to take the chance to play 50 games I dont want to play and maybe just quit out and take a loss just to play 1 measly game of oddball? And then when its over, have to wait another 30 minutes to wade through several games of a gametype I dont want to play just to play 1 more game of the gametype I wanted to play in the first place?

On my spartans arm, I adorn the Oddball Mastery Emblem. I have never ONCE seen anyone else in all these years of playing Halo 4 have my symbol. NOT ONE PERSON. What chance do they have to unlock it? If they didnt unlock it in the first few months of the game release before the playlist was destroyed, they will never be able to unlock that emblem. They are cut off from access to an emblem. That is not right.
We need the oddball playlist to return

I too love Oddball and wish that the playlist could make its return.

> On my spartans arm, I adorn the Oddball Mastery Emblem. I have never ONCE seen anyone else in all these years of playing Halo 4 have my symbol. NOT ONE PERSON.

I have it. Like you I played oddball almost exclusively, even after I mastered the commendations. Since they took away it’s playlist I moved on to CTF though.

Niiiice. Im glad someone else has the skills to take the trophy of the oddball symbol

Honestly, If they brought back the Oddball Playlist, I would buy the Champions Bundle just for the football style armor. Because to me, Oddball was like football but with guns and combat. It changed from a simple game of keep away like it was in previous Halo games, to a full fledged sport like game, but with mothereffing guns.

I would buy the champions bundle and play it all day wearing the football armor and never see the sunlight again

I think one gamtype only playlists need to go. Having all these individual playlists clutters the UI. It changes up the field drastically from one place to another in playlists. And it makes finding certain gamtypes and maps harder.

As of right now oddball i believe is only in multi team. If we had team objective back you could play it more often. 343 has begun merging playlists. This not only means playlists themselves will have more variety again but it also means we can have more room for other playlists instead of having to cycle a playlist out each week.

ok then, so you are saying that we should get rid of Infinity Slayer, Big Team Slayer, CTF, Swat, Dominion, Legendary slayer, Team Snipers, Grifball, and Flood? Sounds good. I’m sure a lot of people agree with you. Game specific playlists are bad and nobody likes them.

Wait until Ricochet becomes a public gametype and not a DLC exclusive. As of now, ricochet counts towards all Oddball achievements.

I would kill for an Oddball exclusive playlist. Recently I’ve jumped back in to Halo 4 after a chunky hiatus and was disappointed to see this nixed from the selection. Although I do recall a lot of players simply roaming around killing each other to boost their Kill/Death Ratio… Oh, well.

> Wait until Ricochet becomes a public gametype and not a DLC exclusive. <mark>As of now, ricochet counts towards all Oddball achievements.</mark>

Sorry, don’t mean to sound all douchy correcting you but I think you mean commenations not achievements. What you said is false, since you can’t earn the "Carry the Oddball "commendation in Ricochet (since you earn no medals for carrying the ball for certain lengths of time).

Multi-Team Oddball in Reach was really fun, but I don’t really enjoy 4 Oddball.

> ok then, so you are saying that we should get rid of Infinity Slayer, Big Team Slayer, CTF, Swat, Dominion, Legendary slayer, Team Snipers, Grifball, and Flood? Sounds good. I’m sure a lot of people agree with you. Game specific playlists are bad and nobody likes them.

You’re an idiot. He did NOT say one word about removing playlists like the ones you mentioned in your comment. He just wants Oddball to return as its own playlist and Game Specific are not bad at all and plenty of people do like them.

I’d rather have KotH back, but that’s just me.

They need to do away with CTF as a standalone playlist and bring back a 5v5 Team Objective playlist that includes:

CTF
Oddball
KotH
1-Plot Extraction
Ricochet
Team Regicide?

> They need to do away with CTF as a standalone playlist and bring back a 5v5 Team Objective playlist that includes:
>
> CTF
> Oddball
> KotH
> 1-Plot Extraction
> Ricochet
> Team Regicide?

heresy!

ctf should stay on its own. if anything i would be willing to allow oddball but only oddball. a list of ctf and oddball would be the best.

> ok then, so you are saying that we should get rid of Infinity Slayer, Big Team Slayer, CTF, Swat, Dominion, Legendary slayer, Team Snipers, Grifball, and Flood? Sounds good. I’m sure a lot of people agree with you. Game specific playlists are bad and nobody likes them.

Most of those have more than one variant of themselves, but a few like CTF should be put in a Objective playlist. They also have more people playing it than Oddball does.

> > Wait until Ricochet becomes a public gametype and not a DLC exclusive. <mark>As of now, ricochet counts towards all Oddball achievements.</mark>
>
> Sorry, don’t mean to sound all douchy correcting you but I think you mean commenations not achievements. What you said is false, since you can’t earn the "Carry the Oddball "commendation in Ricochet (since you earn no medals for carrying the ball for certain lengths of time).

It doesn’t? Alright, thanks for the heads up. I do know that it counts for kills with the ball as well as victories. Didn’t know that “Carry the oddball” wouldn’t advanced.

And yeah, I meant to put commendations, but I see that you knew what I meant. I made the post right before I went to sleep, so I wasn’t exactly thinking clear when it was posted.

Halo has barely been out maybe a year coming up soon. And you say “after all these YEARS of playing Halo 4” nobody has the symbol. Calm down.

Halo 4’s current population does not hold enough people to incorporate yet another playlist solely for one game type.

Incorporated into another obj playlist sure maybe…

> They need to do away with CTF as a standalone playlist and bring back a 5v5 Team Objective playlist that includes:
>
> CTF
> Oddball
> KotH
> 1-Plot Extraction
> Ricochet
> Team Regicide?

^- This.

This would be a most excellent idea. I would clench my fist in triumph and shout ‘Yes! Yes!’ like Bison after seeing those Street Fighters pummeled in to dust.

>
> CTF
> Oddball
> KotH
> 1-Plot Extraction
> Ricochet
> Team Regicide?

What he said.

I didn’t know anyone besides me liked Team Regicide.
Very fun gametype.
But VIP was still better.