Bring back MVP?

Halo 4 needs to bring back MVP that we saw in Halo 3 and its predecessors. A medal would also be nice, as well as a statistic regarding MVP/game ratio.
The MVP should be calculated in a similar way that BPR is calculated, by looking at assists, deaths, kills and objectives.

You don’t know what bpr is do you?

As long as it’s not a medal in the “top 3 medals”. The fact that Bungie put the First Strike medal as a top medal was completely stupid. It essentially mean that there were only two slots for actual gameplay medals.

Also, BPR (in its current form) could not be used to determine the MVP, as it factors in win%. The statistics would have to isolated to each individual game to be meaningful (ie Kills, Assists, Deaths, Medals, Headshots etc)

> As long as it’s not a medal in the “top 3 medals”. The fact that Bungie put the First Strike medal as a top medal was completely stupid. It essentially mean that there were only two slots for actual gameplay medals.
>
> Also, BPR (in its current form) could not be used to determine the MVP, as it factors in win%. The statistics would have to isolated to each individual game to be meaningful (ie Kills, Assists, Deaths, Medals, Headshots etc)

And when you get an Extermination, only showing Overkill is stupid too.

Other stats that should be included should be where you can see a full list of how many times you’ve killed individual players.

MVP was a nice touch.

> You don’t know what bpr is do you?

It’s not the mvp for the match.

I agree with bringing back the MVP for each match and keeping track of it per player with medals. That would be cool to have back in Halo 4.

I do, and it may be unclear, but I meant that the MVP would go to the person who achieved the highest BPR in that single game, not their overall BPR.

Just as long as they don’t use this BPR nonsense. It should be most kills for a slayer game and most flag captures/flag returns etc. in an objective game.

I disagree, I think that the MVP for a slayer game should be the person with the highest KD spread, and when calculating for an objective gametype; MVP ‘points’ should be awarded to players who capture the flag or get hill time, but then kills, assists and deaths should still be part of the overall calculation.

I would like to see the MVP as a complex calculation so that it is a prestigious award and is something that those within a team may also fight for.

> I disagree, I think that the MVP for a slayer game should be the person with the highest KD spread, and when calculating for an objective gametype; MVP ‘points’ should be awarded to players who capture the flag or get hill time, but then kills, assists and deaths should still be part of the overall calculation.
>
> I would like to see the MVP as a complex calculation so that it is a prestigious award and is something that those within a team may also fight for.

K/d for Slayer gametypes is a terrible idea. If I got 45 kills 23 deaths and my teamates go 2 kills one death, they would technically be the VIP. Total BS.

> > I disagree, I think that the MVP for a slayer game should be the person with the highest KD spread, and when calculating for an objective gametype; MVP ‘points’ should be awarded to players who capture the flag or get hill time, but then kills, assists and deaths should still be part of the overall calculation.
> >
> > I would like to see the MVP as a complex calculation so that it is a prestigious award and is something that those within a team may also fight for.
>
> K/d for Slayer gametypes is a terrible idea. If I got 45 kills 23 deaths and my teamates go 2 kills one death, they would technically be the VIP. Total BS.

Please note then that I said, KD SPREAD, not KD ratio.

Give the MVP a picture as well!

voted yes, but i thought we were talking about VIP the gametype. I thought that -Yoink- was fun and should come back too.