Bring back Invasion and Dominion in a big way!

One of the best parts of Halo Reach, and the best part of Halo 4, to me at least, was the introduction of Invasion and Dominion. These two modes were so unique and we haven’t really had anything since. Warzone was that step up in terms of player count and the inclusion of AI, however, it would have been awesome to build base turrets on Warzone maps to defend your base like in Dominion. I think combining all elements of these two modes (since Warzone realistically won’t be forgeable), would be the greatest mode ever created for Halo.
Imagine, the enemy team pushing towards your base as the elites, and you as the Spartans build your turrets and defences to guard the objectives. You could have switches to turn shields on and off, antennas that give a team who controls them longer range on radar, so many things could be done with this mode. The forge community would keep it alive for years and years as they have done with Reach. I still go back to this day and forge Invasion maps.

I’m excited to see what they do with classic modes in Halo Infinite and I hope they would look to Dominion and Invasion for inspiration when creating either a Spartan Vs Elites mode or something that involves the capture of bases/objectives,

let me know your thoughts on this

I’m not sure how i feel about combining the two but I definitely agree the two modes should return, invasion is my favorite game mode.

I wouldn’t combine them but bring them two back and make warzone without microtransactions.

I wouldn’t combine them… I would just like to see both return.

Not sure about combining them, but Invasion I would love to see return. Can’t really speak for Dominion but I’ve heard good things, so I’d like to be able to try it.

What about having them two combined in Forge so you could have features of both in both modes but you could also forge them seperately?

I would love an invasion game mode to return that was my favorite mode from reach. If it does make a return I’m hoping theirs more types than just steal a bomb or objective

Invasion should definitely return if mkre playable species return. Would be cool to have brutes and prometheans playable as well as the elites. Certain maps having certain races against each other i.e. Spartans V elites on Reach (if it’s simulation that 343 want then anything could be done really) as a battle re-inactment or something. Or UNSC and SoS V the storm covenant (so everyone can customise their elites with either classic or 343 elite with any armour setup). Same with brutes, being able to chose armour from h2/3/reach/banished and maybe some newer stuff from the faction that the UNSC and SoS tried to make peace with in the comics.

Then have a new type of invasion that’s bigger and has active AI that help either side take/defend zones, when a zone is taken AI will say things like “fall back!” and similar things, turrets get placed by grunts/ marines, dropships bring stronger AI etc etc
When respawning if a dropship is coming in you spawn in it and jump out with the AI if you felt like it or come down in a drop pod, or spawn like normal all of which determines where you spawn

Invasion dominion is dominion with invasion slayer style gameplay, so faction against faction, but when one team reaches a certain score everyone’s loadouts upgrade

Dominion was alright,but invasion was fantastic and needs to return

> 2533274857165616;8:
> Invasion should definitely return if mkre playable species return. Would be cool to have brutes and prometheans playable as well as the elites. Certain maps having certain races against each other i.e. Spartans V elites on Reach (if it’s simulation that 343 want then anything could be done really) as a battle re-inactment or something. Or UNSC and SoS V the storm covenant (so everyone can customise their elites with either classic or 343 elite with any armour setup). Same with brutes, being able to chose armour from h2/3/reach/banished and maybe some newer stuff from the faction that the UNSC and SoS tried to make peace with in the comics.
>
> Then have a new type of invasion that’s bigger and has active AI that help either side take/defend zones, when a zone is taken AI will say things like “fall back!” and similar things, turrets get placed by grunts/ marines, dropships bring stronger AI etc etc
> When respawning if a dropship is coming in you spawn in it and jump out with the AI if you felt like it or come down in a drop pod, or spawn like normal all of which determines where you spawn
>
> Invasion dominion is dominion with invasion slayer style gameplay, so faction against faction, but when one team reaches a certain score everyone’s loadouts upgrade

Yes yes yes! If we can’t have Ai that cap points etc etc (which we most likely won’t) them larger player count and dropshops would be so cool!

> 2533274857165616;8:
> Invasion should definitely return if mkre playable species return. Would be cool to have brutes and prometheans playable as well as the elites. Certain maps having certain races against each other i.e. Spartans V elites on Reach (if it’s simulation that 343 want then anything could be done really) as a battle re-inactment or something. Or UNSC and SoS V the storm covenant (so everyone can customise their elites with either classic or 343 elite with any armour setup). Same with brutes, being able to chose armour from h2/3/reach/banished and maybe some newer stuff from the faction that the UNSC and SoS tried to make peace with in the comics.
>
> Then have a new type of invasion that’s bigger and has active AI that help either side take/defend zones, when a zone is taken AI will say things like “fall back!” and similar things, turrets get placed by grunts/ marines, dropships bring stronger AI etc etc
> When respawning if a dropship is coming in you spawn in it and jump out with the AI if you felt like it or come down in a drop pod, or spawn like normal all of which determines where you spawn
>
> Invasion dominion is dominion with invasion slayer style gameplay, so faction against faction, but when one team reaches a certain score everyone’s loadouts upgrade

I would love more species and different factions plus the customization that comes with them. I even like the variants you described as long as classic/standard invasion and dominion are not forgotten.