Bring back Halo 2 ranking system for Halo 4

Bring back Halo 2s ranking system for Halo 4. It was so much funner to level up on Halo 2 and the coloured ranks made it feel better i dont know why. And for Halo 3 I just didnt like having exp and a level i just want a rank and i never felt like i achieved anything whenever i ranked up and the ranking system in Reach is even worse you dont even have to be skilled to level up you just have to play it 24/7 and it would take about 2 years for the average gamer to reach Inheritor which is not right.

I’ve said it many times already, but yes, I’d love the Halo 2’s ranking system.

> Bring back Halo 2s ranking system for Halo 4. It was so much funner to level up on Halo 2 and the coloured ranks made it feel better i dont know why. And for Halo 3 I just didnt like having exp and a level i just want a rank and i never felt like i achieved anything whenever i ranked up and the ranking system in Reach is even worse you dont even have to be skilled to level up you just have to play it 24/7 and it would take about 2 years for the average gamer to reach Inheritor which is not right.

Pass.

If I do recall correctly, H2’s inability to accurately match players directly resulted in Microsoft developing TrueSkill.

i always got fair matches in Halo 2 and it was far better than what we have in Halo 3 and Reach in Halo 3 you can get matched with all 50s one match then a bunch of level 7s the next and in Reach it doesnt even have a system that matches you with players similar to your skill

> > Bring back Halo 2s ranking system for Halo 4. It was so much funner to level up on Halo 2 and the coloured ranks made it feel better i dont know why. And for Halo 3 I just didnt like having exp and a level i just want a rank and i never felt like i achieved anything whenever i ranked up and the ranking system in Reach is even worse you dont even have to be skilled to level up you just have to play it 24/7 and it would take about 2 years for the average gamer to reach Inheritor which is not right.
>
> Pass.
>
> If I do recall correctly, H2’s inability to accurately match players directly resulted in Microsoft developing TrueSkill.

Trueskill was developed before Halo 2. Data from the Halo 2 beta was used to compare Trueskill to the ELO system used for Halo 2 matchmaking and Trueskill performed better which probably figured into the decision to use Trueskill for Halo 3 matchmaking. You can read about the test here:

Halo 2… Halo 2… hmmmm…

Wasnt that the game that had widespread cheating and modding so little kids could artificially gain rank and pretend to be important? Isn’t that one of the major factors why people mod and cheat so they can unlock and max their rank without trying just to pretend to be better than everyone else?

> Halo 2… Halo 2… hmmmm…
>
> Wasnt that the game that had widespread cheating and modding so little kids could artificially gain rank and pretend to be important? Isn’t that one of the major factors why people mod and cheat so they can unlock and max their rank without trying just to pretend to be better than everyone else?

Yeah because no one has done that in Reach. Just in Halo 2 only because of the ranking system. Great analysis.

> Halo 2… Halo 2… hmmmm…
>
> Wasnt that the game that had widespread cheating and modding so little kids could artificially gain rank and pretend to be important? Isn’t that one of the major factors why people mod and cheat so they can unlock and max their rank without trying just to pretend to be better than everyone else?

There will always be those who attempt to go around the system. It doesn’t change how people who play legitimately feel satisfaction from gaining their rank.

uh huh… sure guys.

I say it should be brought back for certain playlists so people who loved that system can play those playlists.

Halo 2 had many cheaters BECAUSE it was was easier to cheat at that time. Not because it was ranked.

Here was halo 2.

45+ You cheated.
40 to 45 Pro or cheater
35 to 40 really good player.
30 to 35 good player.
25 average.
20 ok.
below. didn’t play or lot of just kinda bad.

edit: halo 3 made all these kids think they were beast when they weren’t. Give us a proper system where the average players is 25. Then you will bring back the competitive community and fun community that was halo 2.

> Halo 2 had many cheaters BECAUSE it was was easier to cheat at that time. Not because it was ranked.
>
> Here was halo 2.
>
> 45+ You cheated.
> 40 to 45 Pro or cheater
> 35 to 40 really good player.
> 30 to 35 good player.
> 25 average.
> 20 ok.
> below. didn’t play or lot of just kinda bad.
>
>
>
> edit: halo 3 made all these kids think they were beast when they weren’t. Give us a proper system where the average players is 25. Then you will bring back the competitive community and fun community that was halo 2.

Well said. Cheating will also be much less prevalent since it is harder to get away with cheating now.

> Halo 2… Halo 2… hmmmm…
>

I’m sure most people would agree that the reason that so many people cheated in Halo 2 was because the ‘live system’ wasn’t very good at detecting a modded Xbox. AFAIK, Xbox Live is now supposed to be more adept at detecting j-tagged boxes.

The cheating in Halo 2 was quite rampant, though, I do agree with you there. But I also agree with the OP about Halo 2s ranking system. It was very easy to see how close you were to ranking up, and I, as well as I’m sure many other people, would like a system that shows you exactly that.