Bring back halo 2 ranking system for h4

I’ll start off by saying this is my first time ever posting in these forums so I’m not quite sure if this is the right place for 343 studios to see something like this. If it’s not, please redirect me.

I think Halo 2 was the pinnacle of multiplayer matchmaking. The ranking system felt like you were actually improving when you finally reached that next level. The Halo: Reach ranking system just feels like a boring grind. Yeah you achieve that next symbol, but what does that even mean? Anybody in the entire world could get to the last rank in Reach if they wanted to grind their face off for long enough.

Granted it was along time ago and my responsibilities then weren’t as much as they are now, I played Halo 2 longer and more competitively than any xbox game i’ve ever played. I always felt like I was striving to hit that next level because it meant I was getting better. And never in a million years would you join in a ranked team slayer without lots of warm up and a full team you knew could pull their weight. Even more than team slayer, I played head-to-head. I absolutely LOVED head-to-head and I hope that it can make a glorious return as well.

I know that Halo 2 was full of cheaters and people who would “stand-by” and “bridge” people host, but you can’t really blame that on Halo 2’s ranking system like I see a lot of people try to do. A lot of technological advances have come since the days of Halo 2 and you can’t honestly expect their to be the same amount of cheating as back then, if ANY at all?

In closing, I think that the Halo 2 matchmaking system made people keep coming back for more always wanting to achieve that next level that actually had meaning, not just a symbol of how long you’ve been grinding XP. The thing that kept people away were the cheaters, which are non-existent compared to the days of Halo 2. Bring back the Halo 2 ranking system!

I agree, halo 2 was by far my favorite game of the entire trilogy, so bring back the multiplayer system and bring back the halo 2 BR while your at it 343.

Can’t Halo 4 just have its own, unique ranking system? There are so many reactionaries on this forum that it’s starting to make me worry for Halo’s future. It is going to innovate, not go backwards. This next Halo needs to be something new. I do agree that some things should return from the original trilogy, but not entire chunks such as the same ranking system.

Ok well…

> Can’t Halo 4 just have its own, unique ranking system? There are so many reactionaries on this forum that it’s starting to make me worry for Halo’s future. It is going to innovate, not go backwards. This next Halo needs to be something new. I do agree that some things should return from the original trilogy, but not entire chunks such as the same ranking system.

All I’m saying is that halo 4 needs to draw inspiration from one of the halo games, that’s why everyone is attempting to guess which one on the forums. And it doesn’t have to be the same thing all it has to be is remain some sort of halo, which was stated at the halo 4 panel.

> > Can’t Halo 4 just have its own, unique ranking system? There are so many reactionaries on this forum that it’s starting to make me worry for Halo’s future. It is going to innovate, not go backwards. This next Halo needs to be something new. I do agree that some things should return from the original trilogy, but not entire chunks such as the same ranking system.
>
> All I’m saying is that halo 4 needs to draw inspiration from one of the halo games, that’s why everyone is attempting to guess which one on the forums. And it doesn’t have to be the same thing all it has to be is remain some sort of halo, which was stated at the halo 4 panel.

I was kind of aiming that at the OP.

By the way, I like your profile picture.

> > > Can’t Halo 4 just have its own, unique ranking system? There are so many reactionaries on this forum that it’s starting to make me worry for Halo’s future. It is going to innovate, not go backwards. This next Halo needs to be something new. I do agree that some things should return from the original trilogy, but not entire chunks such as the same ranking system.
> >
> > All I’m saying is that halo 4 needs to draw inspiration from one of the halo games, that’s why everyone is attempting to guess which one on the forums. And it doesn’t have to be the same thing all it has to be is remain some sort of halo, which was stated at the halo 4 panel.
>
> I was kind of aiming that at the OP.
>
> By the way, I like your profile picture.

Yours TOO XD lol

> Can’t Halo 4 just have its own, unique ranking system? There are so many reactionaries on this forum that it’s starting to make me worry for Halo’s future. It is going to innovate, not go backwards. This next Halo needs to be something new. I do agree that some things should return from the original trilogy, but not entire chunks such as the same ranking system.

only if none of it was like Reach’s