Bring back FLASHLIGHTS

Incorporate the Flashlight in multi-player like it is (well used to be) in campaign. Also bring it back in campaign! I loved the flashlight! Since there will be better lighting (AND shadow) think of havin dark corners or hallways in your forge maps (or any map for the matter) and you have to use your flashlight to see down it where a hidden weapon/enemy/pathway/or even skull may be. If you aren’t using your flashlight then your visor or little lights on your armor will glow similar to how the little lights are on your armor in gears 3. THIS WOULD BE INCREDIBLE!! :smiley:

I want to use a flashlight to hunt down them skulls in campaign. :smiley:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as excited about flashlights as you are. I mean it was a cool campaign feature that was useful at times but I don’t think its that important in the grand scheme of things.

> I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as excited about flashlights as you are. I mean it was a cool campaign feature that was useful at times but I don’t think its that important in the grand scheme of things.

Sometimes even the little parts can make a Halo game great.

> > I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as excited about flashlights as you are. I mean it was a cool campaign feature that was useful at times but I don’t think its that important in the grand scheme of things.
>
> Sometimes even the little parts can make a Halo game great.

Without a doubt the little things do matter. But I wouldn’t say that the little things like having a flashlight can make Halo a great game.

Regardless of 343i adding flashlights or not, I won’t mind one way or another.

I agree, flashlights could prove to be quite useful. Especially if H5G DOES turn out to be an open world game. You could inspect all the dark areas, some of which could be secret locations that may have nice goodies which you wouldn’t have gotten without the flashlight. It’s also quite do-able ad well. It’s a simple control, and you just need to toggle it on the d-pad. Shouldn’t be too difficult for 343i to add in, seeing as the d-pad doesn’t had much use in previous Halo games.

> > > I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as excited about flashlights as you are. I mean it was a cool campaign feature that was useful at times but I don’t think its that important in the grand scheme of things.
> >
> > Sometimes even the little parts can make a Halo game great.
>
> Without a doubt the little things do matter. But I wouldn’t say that the little things like having a flashlight can make Halo a great game.
>
> Regardless of 343i adding flashlights or not, I won’t mind one way or another.

True but to be fair it really it isn’t hard to make a simple flashlight, it’s pretty simple on any engine to make a simple light to follow a player by attaching, probably even simpler to add a turn on/off switch and I know because done it before, I might even implement into my Indy game. But I personally feel like it might add some tension like in H1 when I was hiding the tunnels on the POA and not knowing what was behind the corner.

maybe they will have a flashlight as a weapon attachments since thats a rumor/speculation about having weapon attachments. If you notice in new concept art it looks like theres a red dot attachment on the BR of the new Spartan.

Well aesthetics and atmosphere in games are a huge thing to me. Just think about forging an awesome dark/ominous foggy flood forge map and having flashlights would be a huge importance for surviving. It would bring fear from the unknown… such as in DOOM. It was scary mainly cause you couldn’t see anything and didn’t know whats around the corner… and I guess cause you could only have a flashlight or gun :stuck_out_tongue: but thats besides the point. haha.

Flood games can get tense and exciting enough without having a flashlight… just think of the suspense including this feature :slight_smile:

***Also if you get bored and want to see my post about 27 additions to forge to make a greater halo 5 game then feel free to check the link below :slight_smile:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst236790_Improve-Forging-Ideas-for-Halo-5.aspx

Every suit of MJOLNIR is equipped with a plethora of filters and different optics. The VISR system in ODST, canonically, originated from the MJOLNIR program. I would rather have one or more forms of VISR return and be incorporated in the armor. Heck, even Reach had a dumbed-down VISR mode! Bring back the outlines, the green tinting, and the visual cues! That was one of the things that made ODST so unique!

> > > > I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as excited about flashlights as you are. I mean it was a cool campaign feature that was useful at times but I don’t think its that important in the grand scheme of things.
> > >
> > > Sometimes even the little parts can make a Halo game great.
> >
> > Without a doubt the little things do matter. But I wouldn’t say that the little things like having a flashlight can make Halo a great game.
> >
> > Regardless of 343i adding flashlights or not, I won’t mind one way or another.
>
> True but to be fair it really it isn’t hard to make a simple flashlight, it’s pretty simple on any engine to make a simple light to follow a player by attaching, probably even simpler to add a turn on/off switch and I know because done it before, I might even implement into my Indy game. But I personally feel like it might add some tension like in H1 when I was hiding the tunnels on the POA and not knowing what was behind the corner.

Tell that to the makers of DayZ Standalone xD

> maybe they will have a flashlight as a weapon attachments since thats a rumor/speculation about having weapon attachments. If you notice in new concept art it looks like theres a red dot attachment on the BR of the new Spartan.

I don’t think we are going to have a weapon attachments, or at least we shouldn’t. No need to complicate things. I don’t think that is a red dot attachment either, it just looks like the BR scope.

Either Flashlight, or Night vision from Reach. I don’t want ODST visr mode to return, I personally didn’t like it.

> Every suit of MJOLNIR is equipped with a plethora of filters and different optics. The VISR system in ODST, canonically, originated from the MJOLNIR program. I would rather have one or more forms of VISR return and be incorporated in the armor. Heck, even Reach had a dumbed-down VISR mode! Bring back the outlines, the green tinting, and the visual cues! That was one of the things that made ODST so unique!
>
>
>
> > > > > I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as excited about flashlights as you are. I mean it was a cool campaign feature that was useful at times but I don’t think its that important in the grand scheme of things.
> > > >
> > > > Sometimes even the little parts can make a Halo game great.
> > >
> > > Without a doubt the little things do matter. But I wouldn’t say that the little things like having a flashlight can make Halo a great game.
> > >
> > > Regardless of 343i adding flashlights or not, I won’t mind one way or another.
> >
> > True but to be fair it really it isn’t hard to make a simple flashlight, it’s pretty simple on any engine to make a simple light to follow a player by attaching, probably even simpler to add a turn on/off switch and I know because done it before, I might even implement into my Indy game. But I personally feel like it might add some tension like in H1 when I was hiding the tunnels on the POA and not knowing what was behind the corner.
>
> Tell that to the makers of DayZ Standalone xD

I’m not sure what you mean since haven’t played that but it shouldn’t be too hard to make, maybe the Dev didn’t want to do it. Plus to be fair I’m pretty sure that’s still in beta phase which is why it still says for ‘early access’