Bring back FF Doubles

I am making the case for bringing back Fire Fight Doubles. As it stands I am back in the Arcade Fire Fight world, and I am refreshed with the gnawing, irritating pestilence and cacophony that are FRG neophytes. I remember there was once a paradise of discipline, structure and harmony that was suitable to mastery of the DMR, the Magnum, the Assault Rifle and the Sniper Rifle. I and select group of friends played this Mode called Doubles… And it was good.

Power weapons were relegated to drop pods. Weapons ammo dependent and required trips to the ammo box. This was a very useful mode and enabled me to work on my FF commendations for the Pistol, Assault, Sniper, Headshots. It also made me a hell of a lot better with the DMR. Arcade mode really is not the place for lower powered weapons and their respective mastery. Trying to master a DMR when three bozos are FRG spamming is nothing short of grating, or more specifically pointless.

Yes I know that the doubles only had a fraction of “Arcades” numbers, but 343 took away a very valuable mode for people interested in becoming better and it was a good place to help people starting out. Often I would talk to them and show them how drive a warthog properly. Arcade sports nothing but prepubescent twerps who constantly maul my ride. The result is having to constantly review players for unsportsmanlike conduct. I’d rather not do it, it makes the game less enjoyable. Furthermore, when there are only two players vehicle kills become more likely. (Don’t get me started on how many vehicle kills it takes for max onyx rank. I do not know what REACH designer was stoned when that number was decided…)

I would like to see Doubles replaced back in the game modes for Fire Fight.

Thank you.

While I support you I dont think it’ll happen…but hey ya gotta try :3

I also agree. Doubles was less cluttered and the lag was a lot better.

I doubt thats gonna happen. I commented on a bunch of posts about that, but it would be good if 343i would bring it back. We need to at least convince them again and again.

I have also commented on many posts like this one… Unfortunatly, they don’t seem to care about the minority that actually post on the forums. :frowning:

It doesn’t make any sense to get rid of playlists that people love to play. Please, don’t give me that crap about, “If people liked it so much there would have been a bigger population active on the playlist”, because Firefight Doubles didn’t need a huge population to thrive. It only needed 2 people vs the 4 needed for the crappy regular version.

Unless, of course, you were luckly (and fortunate) enough to have 3 friends join you who weren’t too far away. Many people DON’T (and didn’t) have this luxuary. -_-

I agree with you, Riot Rojas. Maybe, eventually, our constant pleas to convince them will change their cold hearts to listen to the minority once-in-a-while.

I wished 343i had left Halo: Reach alone to be the way Bungie made it. You just don’t go back and mess with something another company had done, ya know? You take ideas from what they did and change it into your own game… not change what was not your creation to begin with. I realize that it IS their game now, BUT Reach and all the games before it will always have BUNGIE inscribed on them.

Sigh. -_-

They have already made the final T.U for Halo:Reach (a horrible one in my personal opinion). They are focusing on making Halo 4 now, so they will not be focusing on Reach. Which means no more updates unless completely unnecessary.

FF doubles was good to make boost. I only played that just to make challenges. FF with 4 players was just so so laggy.

To be honest I agree with you wanting to bring back firefight doubles but I doubt that will ever happen.

You have the chance now to up your game. I am an inheritor on my main profile and almost a reclaimer on my 2nd, my point is that I have had alot of practise in firefight. I only use the sniper rifle unless of course rocketfight gets picked.
I am usually top player beating 3 other gamers using frg’s or rockets. I wont lie it can be hard and annoying trying to get a perfect headshot through massive clouds of smoke from explosions everywhere but it is possible.

I also enjoy getting perfections and watching the other players drop like flies. I currently have over 307.000 kills and around 530 deaths.

The biggest problem I have found in standard firefight now is the lag, sure it was bad before but now its awful.
Since the removal of doubles all the players that didnt have a good enough connection for the standard mode have flocked back in drones. Almost making using a sniper impossible but even with majoy lag I will nearly always still be top player I may just have a few headshots less.

My biggest hate in firefight is high rank players that use rockets it takes no skill to blow up masses of enemies but scoring an overkill on every group of enemies with atleast 3 headshots in those kills takes skill.
Or my biggest hate of inheritors who spawn with a rocket kill themselves and respawn with a frg then quickly pick their rocket launcher back up. Players like that are almost unbeatable but 70 percent of the time I will still beat their scores using my trusty sniper rifle.

Firefight doubles should not have been removed I may not have played it much but when I did I loved it. It will be missed.

> I am making the case for bringing back Fire Fight Doubles. As it stands I am back in the Arcade Fire Fight world, and I am refreshed with the gnawing, irritating pestilence and cacophony that are FRG neophytes. I remember there was once a paradise of discipline, structure and harmony that was suitable to mastery of the DMR, the Magnum, the Assault Rifle and the Sniper Rifle. I and select group of friends played this Mode called Doubles… And it was good.
>
> Power weapons were relegated to drop pods. Weapons ammo dependent and required trips to the ammo box. This was a very useful mode and enabled me to work on my FF commendations for the Pistol, Assault, Sniper, Headshots. It also made me a hell of a lot better with the DMR. Arcade mode really is not the place for lower powered weapons and their respective mastery. Trying to master a DMR when three bozos are FRG spamming is nothing short of grating, or more specifically pointless.
>
> Yes I know that the doubles only had a fraction of “Arcades” numbers, but 343 took away a very valuable mode for people interested in becoming better and it was a good place to help people starting out. Often I would talk to them and show them how drive a warthog properly. Arcade sports nothing but prepubescent twerps who constantly maul my ride. The result is having to constantly review players for unsportsmanlike conduct. I’d rather not do it, it makes the game less enjoyable. Furthermore, when there are only two players vehicle kills become more likely. (Don’t get me started on how many vehicle kills it takes for max onyx rank. I do not know what REACH designer was stoned when that number was decided…)
>
> I would like to see Doubles replaced back in the game modes for Fire Fight.
>
> Thank you.

I totally agree. I’ve been helping my friend with his vehicular commendation, and it sucks when other players destroy the warthog, just so no one can use it. I also agree that FF doubles was a good playlists for people to improve in the game at their own pace, and especially work on commendations.

Score attack is too boring (and unfulfilling when it comes to credits), and 4 player firefight has too many hangups (lag,unsportsmanlike players, quitters, AFK’ers) and i think FF doubles was a safe haven for alot of players.

> I am making the case for bringing back Fire Fight Doubles. As it stands I am back in the Arcade Fire Fight world, and I am refreshed with the gnawing, irritating pestilence and cacophony that are FRG neophytes. I remember there was once a paradise of discipline, structure and harmony that was suitable to mastery of the DMR, the Magnum, the Assault Rifle and the Sniper Rifle. I and select group of friends played this Mode called Doubles… And it was good.
>
> Power weapons were relegated to drop pods. Weapons ammo dependent and required trips to the ammo box. This was a very useful mode and enabled me to work on my FF commendations for the Pistol, Assault, Sniper, Headshots. It also made me a hell of a lot better with the DMR. Arcade mode really is not the place for lower powered weapons and their respective mastery. Trying to master a DMR when three bozos are FRG spamming is nothing short of grating, or more specifically pointless.
>
> Yes I know that the doubles only had a fraction of “Arcades” numbers, but 343 took away a very valuable mode for people interested in becoming better and it was a good place to help people starting out. Often I would talk to them and show them how drive a warthog properly. Arcade sports nothing but prepubescent twerps who constantly maul my ride. The result is having to constantly review players for unsportsmanlike conduct. I’d rather not do it, it makes the game less enjoyable. Furthermore, when there are only two players vehicle kills become more likely. (Don’t get me started on how many vehicle kills it takes for max onyx rank. I do not know what REACH designer was stoned when that number was decided…)
>
> I would like to see Doubles replaced back in the game modes for Fire Fight.
>
> Thank you.

What is with you people in doubles? Just get more people you know will do what you want and play normal FF.

I was very surprised to see FF doubles removed.
I’m not the biggest fan of FF if i’m honest, But when daily/weekly challenges crop up on FF i used to prefer doubles, Less lag for a start.
I very much doubt we will see its return anytime soon though, With 343i focus rightfully being on Halo 4.

PeacE
ShadEO9

I usually do not post, but this one grabbed my attention. My wife and I regularly played FF Doubles and loved it…regardless of achievements. We enjoyed being able to jump in, shoot and kill and just have fun. Since the Title Update, the lag is horrible and many of the people we get paired with are more interested in beating each other up or just being jack–Yoinks!-. Our Reach play time has really dropped of since the changes…so much so that when we played last night I had to think about the button layout.

So, for us lame old people, please bring back FF Doubles…pretty please? Sugar on top?

> I usually do not post, but this one grabbed my attention. My wife and I regularly played FF Doubles and loved it…regardless of achievements. We enjoyed being able to jump in, shoot and kill and just have fun. Since the Title Update, the lag is horrible and many of the people we get paired with are more interested in beating each other up or just being jack–Yoinks!-. Our Reach play time has really dropped of since the changes…so much so that when we played last night I had to think about the button layout.
>
> So, for us lame old people, please bring back FF Doubles…pretty please? Sugar on top?

If you’re not interested in any of the perks of playing matchmaking, may I suggest just playing in a custom Firefight lobby? Then you can change everything as you see fit, and not have to deal with anyone else.

I agree I only played doubles and now its gone. I would et custom challenges of 1000 kills and 1000 medals for 3 hours, and would always get it using sniper. now its impossible. Does anyone on here know how to start a petition for this maybe if we could get 10’s or 100’s of thousand people fro it t6hey would respond.

After getting stuck in a match with 2 quitters and an AFKer last night, I fully realized how much I really miss doubles.

FF Doubles was amazing for getting up your vehicular kills for FF matchmaking. Only real good place to get it done. Beachhead with the tanks and BAM! Instant 150+ kills each with a vehicle. Or, lots of destroying vehicles FOR the other commendation.

At least make the turrets on the dropships count as vehicle destruction.

> After getting stuck in a match with 2 quitters and an AFKer last night, I fully realized how much I really miss doubles.

Finally, someone who ran into the same problem as i did.

Taking away FF Doubles was one of the biggest epic fails we have seen in any playlist updates.

The argument that it had a ‘low population and needed to go’ is like saying to this community, that you have a bridge for sale, and I would say to you that you need to wear your helmet more often on the short-bus!!

FF Double was one of the best playlist to use when Daily and Weekly Challenges popped up that required FF to finish them off, verses having to play within Arcade and have to deal with the horrible Lag and K-mart connections of other players.

What better place was there to work with your friend(s), and work together to max out those outrageous Comm’s, verses having to battle for them in lag filled games, that ruined the enjoyment of playing this game.

One will never be able to convince me, and thousands within this community, that this was a sound business decision, and removing the playlist that they did, was the better choice for this game.

All I would say to those in charge is simple…put it back to the way to got it from the creator, as for making such a change to the playlist of this game so close to the release of the ‘NEW’ was not very smart and would make me, and others think that things to come will be the same for everything else that you do.

4 player firefight is way to laggy for me and I prefered the feel of doubles firefight a lot better.

Theres no firefight in Halo 4, so if I want to got back to Reach, Id like to have something Id acually like to play.

I liked going against wave after wave with my battle-bro better than 1 or 2 other random people. The lag and douschebaggery is too much for me in 4 player MM Firefight.