Bring Back Complex to Infinity Slayer!

One of the more disappointing changes I noticed about the recent slew of updates has been the dropping of Complex from Infinity Slayer. That map was probably my favorite on Infinity Slayer. It was huge, so you could have some true breathing room from your opponents. Rather then get completely rushed by double teams, I could actually respond to the attack and counter. Also, there are vehicles! They are symmetrical for both teams and keep the combat a bit more exciting. They are even mongooses if you need to make a quick getaway from a mob of attackers. I loved it and it was probably the only map/game of infinity slayer that didn’t overpopulate the arena. They took it away from the infinity slayer playlist and replaced it with pro slayer and community maps. UGHHHH. I haven’t really enjoyed the change.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, I think Complex is better for Big Team. It was definitely too big for 4v4. I really don’t like the map, though. People use the vehicles a bit, but mostly they just ignore them and camp on the roof. It’s probably my least favorite map in the game because of that.

I enjoyed 4v4 on complex, shame to hear it is gone. It is terrible objective map though, only good for slayer

nononononononononono and a thousand times no, I dreaded slayer on 4v4 complex, I much more enjoy the BTB version

I only like Complex for Flood.

As far as the campers on the roof, you could use the ghost to take them out by going up the ramps, if you’re patient enough. And if they rush you, just go backwards and kill them with the plasma guns.

In my opinion, Complex was a failure of a map all around. It’s better for Big Team, but still not good at all.

Now why did you dread the infinity slayer version? The ghosts provided a means to kill campers and you could actually gain some distance from opponents. BE SPECIFIC. What was your gripe with it?

> Now why did you dread the infinity slayer version? The ghosts provided a means to kill campers and you could actually gain some distance from opponents. BE SPECIFIC. What was your gripe with it?

The map itself is very large and heavily promotes the use of long range rifles only and slow gameplay.

This isn’t inherently bad, but that’s not everyone’s preference.

The main issue is the map isn’t balanced. One team has multiple paths to top-mid, the other team has few to none. And top-mid is crucial to winning the game.

The disadvantaged team does get a ghost at their spawn, but the ghost isn’t as pivotal.

> > Now why did you dread the infinity slayer version? The ghosts provided a means to kill campers and you could actually gain some distance from opponents. BE SPECIFIC. What was your gripe with it?
>
> The map itself is very large and heavily promotes the use of long range rifles only and slow gameplay.
>
> This isn’t inherently bad, but that’s not everyone’s preference.
>
> The main issue is the map isn’t balanced. One team has multiple paths to top-mid, the other team has few to none. And top-mid is crucial to winning the game.
>
> The disadvantaged team does get a ghost at their spawn, but the ghost isn’t as pivotal.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that the teams are unbalanced. They both have ghosts and access to high and mid is possible on both sides. I will agree on the fact that the game is slower, but really, slow is probably not the right word. Maybe just flowing. Because every time I’ve played, I haven’t really noticed a significant amount of time waiting for someone to pop out. I will also agree on the stressed importance of long-range rifles, but it helps in providing more stability compared to the usual constant action on maps where the short to mid-range rifles are more welcome.

I can understand your concerns about game pacing, the ease of team shot in Infinity Slayer and power position swarming. It’s kind of the reason why people are moaning about sprint. But Complex is a BTB map, from my experience of Complex 4v4 matches they rarely actually reached the score limit and unless players continually charged predictable areas the game could slow to a standstill. It’s a bit too big for 4v4.

Halo 4 probably could use some more medium sized maps however. We mainly got BTB maps from 343 and most of the forge stuff is orientated towards small arena styled maps. What I would like to see is some Power House/ Zanzibar sized maps and maybe a few room based maps like Damnation. Just for a bit of variety.

> nononononononononono and a thousand times no, I dreaded slayer on 4v4 complex, I much more enjoy the BTB version

this.

that map was god awful on infinity slayer.

I don’t sign into infinity slayer for vehicle play, having to use long rang rifles and long walks across the the maps that’s what BTB’s for.

It’s better on BTB but I think it shines most in Flood.

I always thought of Complex to be at an awkward size. It was honestly too big to be small, but then too small to be big. It almost gives me the impression that it was originally supposed to remain as a Spartan Ops map, but 343 had to implement it due to time constraints.

However, even in it’s apparent flaws, it is a great Flood Map, and I also think it works really well with SWAT.

I would say that it should stay in Big Team, but appear on the voting list rarely.

No, please don’t

So you enjoy having everyone DMR camp on the roofs?

Complex shouldn’t even be one of the maps to begin with…

I would really like to make a map, not in forge but in a cad program, does anyone know what file type it would need to be?

I feel like Complex is too big for slayer and too small for BTB. Ive seen people call it Camplex which is a fitting title for the map because you’re either camping on the outside of the map long range, or camping in the buildings short range. No wonder its so good for flood.

The only good thing about complex, is that the center of the map is never swarmed like in other maps.

> One of the more disappointing changes I noticed about the recent slew of updates has been the dropping of Complex from Infinity Slayer. That map was probably my favorite on Infinity Slayer. It was huge, so you could have some true breathing room from your opponents. Rather then get completely rushed by double teams, I could actually respond to the attack and counter. Also, there are vehicles! They are symmetrical for both teams and keep the combat a bit more exciting. They are even mongooses if you need to make a quick getaway from a mob of attackers. I loved it and it was probably the only map/game of infinity slayer that didn’t overpopulate the arena. They took it away from the infinity slayer playlist and replaced it with pro slayer and community maps. UGHHHH. I haven’t really enjoyed the change.
>
> What do you guys think?

You’re one of those players who Camo camps on the roof with the sniper rifle