Bring Back Brutes

So, We all miss the brutes. They were interesting enemies, because unlike the elites, the will charge at you and beat you to death. So, it would be nice to Have them back. They can look like savages, and have shock collars maybe. Since they’re pretty much a destroyed race.(Haven’t Read the books in a while so I don’t remember them too much). And With them, the Chopper, and prowler should return.

to me the brute mind set in halo 2 (loses back mate and destroys you in a violent rage) was the best inclusion, it actually felt a little scary to see one charge at you. I would also love to see the chopper come back, something about running into vehicles and seeing them explode is fairly satisfying.

Yes,Bring back my favorite race!!!..I fear what their redesign would look like.

I don’t miss them to be honest , Drones is another thing.

I would love to see Brutes come back, actually. It might make sense to encounter them again, if the majority of the brute tribes fled the covenant after the war was over and ended up on some planet.

Also, they should make them bigger and more menacing. Like that brute in the opening cinematic of Halo 4. Can you imagine fighting one of those things?

I think it would be best if they are side enemies though; that’s what the Covenant pretty much is now in the Reclaimer saga.

I want them back, but their tactics and behaviors needs to be different. In H2, they were annoying to fight, in H3 they were too easy to kill, and in Reach all they did was charge at the player.

I think they got the H3 Brutes right in terms of armor and tactics, but they need to be stronger, harder to kill, and more brutal.

We also want their tech back. I miss my brute shot…

It is a interesting idea, though I don’t want them back if it doesn’t make sense since they are a endangered species.

> It is a interesting idea, though I don’t want them back if it doesn’t make sense since <mark>they are a endangered species.</mark>

We don’t know that.

If they do come back, I want them to be a mix of all their versions:
Health of Halo 2’s
Berserk and looks of Halo 3’s
Armor of Halo Reach’s (where it stayed on, except for the helmet)

The only way we’ll see them though is if we randomly stumble upon them.

Curious, I remember back when people used to complain about how the H2 Brutes were damange-sponges, but now people praise them for difficulty and just how brutal they were.

It’d be the perfect way to reintroduce equipment into Campaign; maybe we could carry up to a total of 3 equipment and by holding down the d-pad, you get a menu where you can select the equipment using left stick? Using only 1 equipment at a time of course.

I don’t know anyone who’d hate to have true Camo and Invincibility…

> Curious, I remember back when people used to complain about how the H2 Brutes were damange-sponges, but now people praise them for difficulty and just how brutal they were.

Well after seeing H3 Brutes and Reach Brutes in action, and seeing the cut animations for H3 Brutes, who wouldn’t want a more brutal Brute?

> It’d be the perfect way to reintroduce equipment into Campaign; maybe we could carry up to a total of 3 equipment and by holding down the d-pad, you get a menu where you can select the equipment using left stick? Using only 1 equipment at a time of course.
>
> I don’t know anyone who’d hate to have true Camo and Invincibility…
>
>
>
> > Curious, I remember back when people used to complain about how the H2 Brutes were damange-sponges, but now people praise them for difficulty and just how brutal they were.
>
> Well after seeing H3 Brutes and Reach Brutes in action, and seeing the cut animations for H3 Brutes, who wouldn’t want a more brutal Brute?

I agree that they should be more brutal and terrifying, but I don’t see how anyone would want them to be damage sponges again.

If the Brutes rage the way they did in Halo 2 then sure! Raging Brutes were a complete joke in subsequent games.

I hope they come back, and possibly be a faction that fights with Elite controlled Storm Covenant.

Or they could be part of a completely rogue covenant splinter headed by surviving Prophets hell bent on achieving the great journey against the wishes of the Didact.

The human friendly Elites better be in the next one too, it was odd not seeing the Arbiter.

> Curious, I remember back when people used to complain about how the H2 Brutes were damange-sponges, but now people praise them for difficulty and just how brutal they were.

I’ve always preferred the Brutes’ health in Halo 2. It made them tough, and is the only way I can think of the Brutes. The Brutes in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach were a complete joke, too easy to kill; Throw a Frag and kill 3, then shoot your AR and kill 2, then melee two back to back like they’re dumb-minded dolls. The only ones in those games that were tough were the Chieftains, which actually makes sense. When you see a squad of Brutes, you’re supposed to fear them. Not blow through them like they’re buffed Grunts.

It is possible that we may have brutes as allies, because the description for Halo Escalation (the first issue, out in December) says something about the Arbiter trying to make peace with the brutes

> So, We all miss the brutes. They were interesting enemies, because unlike the elites, the will charge at you and beat you to death. So, it would be nice to Have them back. They can look like savages, and have shock collars maybe. Since they’re pretty much a destroyed race.(Haven’t Read the books in a while so I don’t remember them too much). And With them, the Chopper, and prowler should return.

I could see them try to explain the Brutes current state in Halo 5 or other side Halos, but its very unlikely considering the Brutes are a endangered species.

> > Curious, I remember back when people used to complain about how the H2 Brutes were damange-sponges, but now people praise them for difficulty and just how brutal they were.
>
> I’ve always preferred the Brutes’ health in Halo 2. It made them tough, and is the only way I can think of the Brutes. The Brutes in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach were a complete joke, too easy to kill; Throw a Frag and kill 3, then shoot your AR and kill 2, then melee two back to back like they’re dumb-minded dolls. The only ones in those games that were tough were the Chieftains, which actually makes sense. When you see a squad of Brutes, you’re supposed to fear them. Not blow through them like they’re buffed Grunts.

I agree that the Brutes post-H2 are pretty easy to kill, which is why I think there should be a middle ground. They should be as difficult as Elites, but in their own way. Damage sponges make for bad gameplay in my opinion, but they shouldn’t be so easy to kill.

> > So, We all miss the brutes. They were interesting enemies, because unlike the elites, the will charge at you and beat you to death. So, it would be nice to Have them back. They can look like savages, and have shock collars maybe. Since they’re pretty much a destroyed race.(Haven’t Read the books in a while so I don’t remember them too much). And With them, the Chopper, and prowler should return.
>
>
> I could see them try to explain the Brutes current state in Halo 5 or other side Halos, but its very unlikely considering <mark>the Brutes are a endangered species.</mark>

We don’t know that.