Bring back ACTION SACK

I just got on my halo reach and i looked at the new update, and i noticed that the game mode action sack was missing from the community playlist and i got told they took it off because nobody played it. So if you want action sack back, please comment on this topic.

Thank You
Grumby531

This was the last update for Reach since it’s nearing the end of it’s main lifespan. Action Sack had too low of a population to keep in. Sorry, but you can still play them in Customs.

I know!!! I want Action Sack back too, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. I also want all those other playlists back. 343 doesn’t understand something: They might get people to stop playing Reach, but those people will not wait for HALO 4 then play it. They just don’t get it. And Reach is not “nearing the end of it’s lifespan.” If HALO 3 was one day nearing the end of it’s lifespan, then why does it get more players daily? People at Bungie must be sad about this…

My take on the removal of Action Sack is not just that the population was somewhat lower, but that some games were vastly different from each other.

BTB versus slayer versus SWAT versus Arena/MLG are all pretty much the same game from the scoring, maps, etc. The tribal knowledge pool within the support team would be pretty large, and a few people could cover anything.

What would happen when the 3 people who actually mess with the “golf-ball skee-ball game” (I forget the real name) have retired/gone on vacation/called in sick?

Without a HUGE population, the support model for that just doesn’t work well.

Bring back Action Sack! I loved the variety of games in there, plus it was a nice playlist to go to if I got bored of the normal killing/dying of regular Halo. You know, the kind of gametype that is in EVERY OTHER playlist? Except Grifball, but I’m sure you’ll find an excuse to remove that sometime soon anyway.

This is such a shame. 343 does not understand the community at all.

“Player population was too low” and “you play those maps in Customs” are horribly poor excuses that make no sense.

Even with a relatively low population (as compared to Slayer I suppose), why take it away when I could still find a match just as quick as the other playlists? Is the playlist taking up a few precious Kilobytes/Megabytes that you’re trying to free up? Are you trying to get me to hate you? Are you just evil and like to punch baby seals in their sleep? Why?? There is absolutely no harm in leaving the playlist available.

Sure, let me play those maps in Customs…

Oh wait, I don’t have them on my hard drive.

Let me look them up in someone’s file share…

Oh wait, you borked that system and it’s nigh impossible to find maps anymore.

Okay, somehow I poop the maps out of somewhere, let me just round up friends who want to play Halo: Reach…

OH WAIT, most of my friends have moved on to other games! The only way I can play these Action Sack style games is through online matchmaking.

This is just as terrible as when Bungie removed Rocket Race from Halo 3. It is an absolute shame.

> Bring back Action Sack! I loved the variety of games in there, plus it was a nice playlist to go to if I got bored of the normal killing/dying of regular Halo. You know, the kind of gametype that is in EVERY OTHER playlist? Except Grifball, but I’m sure you’ll find an excuse to remove that sometime soon anyway.
>
> This is such a shame. 343 does not understand the community at all.
>
> “Player population was too low” and “you play those maps in Customs” are horribly poor excuses that make no sense.
>
> Even with a relatively low population (as compared to Slayer I suppose), why take it away when I could still find a match just as quick as the other playlists? Is the playlist taking up a few precious Kilobytes/Megabytes that you’re trying to free up? Are you trying to get me to hate you? Are you just evil and like to punch baby seals in their sleep? Why?? There is absolutely no harm in leaving the playlist available.
>
> Sure, let me play those maps in Customs…
>
> Oh wait, I don’t have them on my hard drive.
>
> Let me look them up in someone’s file share…
>
> Oh wait, you borked that system and it’s nigh impossible to find maps anymore.
>
> Okay, somehow I poop the maps out of somewhere, let me just round up friends who want to play Halo: Reach…
>
> OH WAIT, most of my friends have moved on to other games! The only way I can play these Action Sack style games is through online matchmaking.
>
> This is just as terrible as when Bungie removed Rocket Race from Halo 3. It is an absolute shame.

The population was low, and it was going to be a heck of a lot lower once Halo 4 came out, it would have been a dead playlist like Firefight Doubles & Anniversary FFA.

In the end, it is better for the players, you find games faster on the playlists remaining instead of having long search times or no games found in dead playlists like Action Sack.

> This is just as terrible as when Bungie removed Rocket Race from Halo 3. It is an absolute shame.

What? Rocket Race is still in Halo 3.

> > This is just as terrible as when Bungie removed Rocket Race from Halo 3. It is an absolute shame.
>
> What? Rocket Race is still in Halo 3.

I think he was referring to the playlist it used to have when Halo 3 first came out, even then, it was removed because it was pointless keeping it as a playlist when it could’ve been added to Multi-Team, which it was.

Ahh. What he said is misleading then.

Dear 343,

I’m very excited about Halo 4 and I’m sure you guys have done a fantastic job with it, but please don’t axe/ruin the last relic of Bungie’s accomplishments. Action Sack represents an entire aspect of the Haloverse that is barely touched in other playlists.

Acually action sack had more players then stupid super slayer

> Acually action sack had more players then stupid super slayer

When they talk about population, it’s also referring to the different amount of players.

I.e., Super Slayer gets around 500 players when you look at its population, but about 1000 different players per day, and Action Sack gets about 500 people when you look at the population number, but about 600 different players per day. Make sense?

i personally liked action sack when i felt like playing something different and i also feel that 343 should leave bungies makings alone, even if they are running the show now. They should make alittle more effort in keeping the modding and cheating down in the games instead of taking the game out. that is just a cheap way out of not having to deal with problems. i hate playing swat because of the cheating that goes on and i dont care how many people say they are just that good, what a crock of poop. no one can shoot two or more people right after the other without at least aiming at them first, but that is what you have. i am not liking you much already 343, you seem to want to pat yourself on the back way to much.

So what! Big deal! i do not like playing firefight with four people, at all. i also do not like the king of firefight they have by yourself either. they are just not wanting to deal with reach anymore because it is not their baby!

> > Acually action sack had more players then stupid super slayer
>
> When they talk about population, it’s also referring to the different amount of players.
>
> I.e., Super Slayer gets around 500 players when you look at its population, but about 1000 different players per day, and Action Sack gets about 500 people when you look at the population number, but about 600 different players per day. Make sense?

But then there’s also 4 TS only playlists (Anniversary classic, TS, Superslayer and Arena)and IMO it’d make more sense to remove one of them than deleting the most unike playlist of the game.

> So what! Big deal! i do not like playing firefight with four people, at all. i also do not like the king of firefight they have by yourself either. they are just not wanting to deal with reach anymore because it is not their baby!

They’re trying to help it survive somewhat when Halo 4 comes out.

> > Acually action sack had more players then stupid super slayer
>
> When they talk about population, it’s also referring to the different amount of players.
>
> I.e., Super Slayer gets around 500 players when you look at its population, but about 1000 different players per day, and Action Sack gets about 500 people when you look at the population number, but about 600 different players per day. Make sense?

I checked that constantly for a long time now and action sack pop was never under super slayers, always up by at least 100

> > > Acually action sack had more players then stupid super slayer
> >
> > When they talk about population, it’s also referring to the different amount of players.
> >
> > I.e., Super Slayer gets around 500 players when you look at its population, but about 1000 different players per day, and Action Sack gets about 500 people when you look at the population number, but about 600 different players per day. Make sense?
>
> I checked that constantly for a long time now and action sack pop was never under super slayers, always up by at least 100

But we don’t know how many unique players there were for each playlist. 1000 players could play Super Slayer for three hours every day, but 500 at noon and 500 at six oclock.

Does anyone know if Action Sack or an Action Sack-like variant is going to be added to Halo 4? It was my favorite variant and I miss it :frowning:

> The population was low, and it was going to be a heck of a lot lower once Halo 4 came out, it would have been a dead playlist like Firefight Doubles & Anniversary FFA.
>
> In the end, it is better for the players, you find games faster on the playlists remaining instead of having long search times or no games found in dead playlists like Action Sack.

Incorrect. You may decrease the wait times for other playlists, but not by much. If one wants to play Action Sack but cannot, then will every player concede and just play other playlists?

No, that won’t happen. But then again, nothing is 100%.

Reach isn’t as populated as it used to be, obviously. So you don’t need to treat it like it recently released and you’re trying to keep everything ‘fresh.’

It was a bad idea to remove Action Sack, with the entertainment of the Halo: Reach players in mind. Other than that, it really has no backlash against you, your game, or your company. No one is going to boycott halo because of your decision, you just caused a minor inconvenience for a chunk of players.

Not cool, dude. I need my action sack. I need my speedpile, damn it.

And the ‘just make a custom game’ argument is invalid, otherwise you would have stuck with the Halo 1 PC version of multiplayer, where every match is a custom game. Matchmaking makes things easier for the players in multiple scenarios.

No quarrel over who hosts, no fighting over which game we play first, no having to add random people who want to play action sack as much as i do to actually make a custom game for it. Not to mention i’d have to download the maps/gametypes to be able to host them.

Why you gotta be like this, dawg. Makin’ my Reach 3% less fun.