Brilliant work 343, a few minor problems though...

First off, I want to make it clear that I think H:CEA is absolutely awesome - the graphics, sound and music are all top-notch. The achievements actually seem challenging as well!
I can’t wait to get my non-gamer mates involved and show them how awesome the campaign is.
Great work there 343i/Saber, I am feeling confident that you’ll do a god job with future Halo titles.

I have, however, noticed a few minor glitches in campaign…nothing gamebreaking but they are quite annoying;

1) Speech/animations sometimes fall out of sync. This is particularly noticeable during cutscenes involving Captain Keyes, is really hard to ignore and ruins the aesthetics of the game somewhat.

2) Scripted speech sometimes plays at the wrong point e.g. on my playthrough of Halo, the second group of survivors got obliterated very quickly yet Cortana didn’t say her “they’re all dead” line. Instead she said it as I was protecting the 3rd group, which was odd as most of them were still alive.

3) For some strange reason the plasma pistol overcharge sound will begin to play for 3-4 seconds if you fire single bolts fast enough - as I have a pretty fast trigger finger and use the PP a lot (seriously, it owns!) it gets very annoying to hear.

4) Active camo is pretty messed up as it is - the AR and PP’s holographic displays look very glitched and camo doesn’t seem to fade in/out (instead it’s a pretty sharp transition).

5) Music sometimes doesn’t play when it’s supposed to - this ruins the atmosphere a teeny bit.

There are some more of 343’s choices that are questionable (Captain Keyes’ face [seriously, WTF is up with that, he looks like a frog], the fact that Zealots are not gold anymore, the disappointing noise the sword makes when it fizzles and the sniper’s oversized reticle to name a few) but these are the main 5 things that stick out for me.

Just to clarify, this isn’t a hate thread (I <3 H:CEA). I just wanted to get some things off my chest.
Peace out.

FINALLY, i’n not the only one that can use the PP as a machine gun!!!

You’re not alone…so it happens to you too? I was worried my disc was -Yoinked!- up!

Sgt Johnson looks like super mario and Captain Keyes looks like a plastic ken doll now yes it looks that bad.

1. They were using original CE skeletons, therefore the mouths were messed up.
  2. Problem with the original.
  3. Problem with the original.
  4. Agreed.
  5. Problem with the original.

Funnily enough, I never had any of these problems with my original copy of H:CE.

I’m sure I’d have at least remembered the PP glitch.

waow i really dont care the tissues, cause i now in that time there wasnt so technology adavance, so i just play it, but now they are so many reports, and kinda tired all reading on forums is cea tissues

Honestly, the only issue I’ve had with this game (and it’s minor as hell), but while I really liked how 343i added more expressions with the characters during the cutscenes that were absent in the start, I feel like they also should’ve stuck with some of Bungie’s original camera angles and expressions that were already there to begin with.

For example, the intro to “Two Betrayals” is the perfect example. The Master Chief shows more expression with his body and arm movement. Something mostly absent from the original.

BUT, when Cortana appears, the dramatic shaking and zoomed camera angle of Spark when he falls to the ground is gone. And Cortana doesn’t get the nice shots that were in the original, too.

And the scene where MC is briefed by Keyes, Cortana just floats there with her arms at her side, while in the original she’s in this pose with her arms crossed.

Sorry, it’s just little things like that. But the graphics, music are so well done, I feel like I’m playing through this game for my first time. I’ll tell you, I’m solo on Heroic on the level 343 Guilty Spark, and my heart is beating like crazy. It’s still a tense level, even after 10 years. That’s awesome.

My only problem is how bad the menu image for the Silent Cartographer looks.

From left to right you have the Arbiter, a reach trooper, an image of a reach trooper that was released before Reach came out, Emile from a pre-release screenshot early in Reach’s development, and Carter.

I am stunned.

Im only disgusted at Cortanas Annoying Orange moving mouth.

> My only problem is how bad the menu image for the Silent Cartographer looks.
>
> From left to right you have the Arbiter, a reach trooper, an image of a reach trooper that was released before Reach came out, Emile from a pre-release screenshot early in Reach’s development, and Carter.
>
> I am stunned.

Wait…where is this?