Bright blue weapon icons from dead players? Why?

I was watching the Gamescom Halo invitational. Here’s the link…

…and I noticed these bright blue blob-like shapes on the floor. I was like what the heck is that? At first I thought it was a glitch or something or a really bad attempt of making a puddle of water. Then I noticed that these bright blue shapes are the weapons laying around from dead players. Can we please get rid of this? This was not in the beta and it looks very distracting. Does 343 think that we won’t be able to see weapons on the floor. Those bright blue silhouettes look TERRIBLE. There is no need for that and takes away from the visuals. It’s very distracting.

People were complain in the Beta that it was really hard to see the weapons.

Chances are, they are plasma grenades, I haven’t made it to whatever timeframe it actually has them yet.

I noticed this as well, I don’t mind if they keep it as long as we can turn it off in the settings.

He’s right it’s weapons from dead players. I thought it looked terrible as well.

During the beta, people complained that it was hard to see dropped weapons on many maps. So 343i added an outline so you don’t get yourself killed staring at the floor wandering backwards because you can’t see a gun.

I like it. The feature was also in ODST and was very nifty.

It was never like this in any of the previous halo multiplayers games. We didn’t have it Halo 1 2, 3, 4 or Reach so why now?

Loads of people were complaining about not seeing weapons on the ground so they did this.

> 2555390681425764;8:
> It was never like this in any of the previous halo multiplayers games. We didn’t have it Halo 1 2, 3, 4 or Reach so why now?

Most maps from those games didn’t have all the dark spots like H5 maps do. I guess some people can’t see weapons in them

> 2533274907934539;6:
> During the beta, people complained that it was hard to see dropped weapons on many maps. So 343i added an outline so you don’t get yourself killed staring at the floor wandering backwards because you can’t see a gun.

It’s been the same as any other halo game in the past, I played the beta and really didn’t think it was necessary to highlight weapons. It’s never been an issue. This new generation of CoD kids will chase anything shiny. H4 coming out has been the worst thing possible for the halo community.

I don’t mind this feature. It’s an eyesore that is outweighed by its usefulness.

Have you played 5? (rhetorical I see the badge) During the beta it was really hard to find weapons in some places and now we have Plaza and from what I saw the weapons would blend in perfectly with the ground if not highlighted.

> 2533274870489921;7:
> I like it. The feature was also in ODST and was very nifty.

It was only in ODST when you used your special HUD thing.

It’s hard to see weapons with those great graphics and lightening so it just helps.

As others have said it was because weapons were too hard to see during the beta. Also just so you know the outlines fade and pop in at a certain proximity, so you won’t be seeing them at 100 yards. I think the proximity range is about 10 feet.

I think they should either turn it off on dropped weapons and keep it on at the spawn locations, or use a round icon above weapon spawns like in Halo 2 Anniversary. While most of the spawns in the beta were plainly visible, some were very poorly lit or hard to see in general, my brightness settings were fine but I had to follow teammates to see where they got their weapons from.

I think they look fine, and visibility is good, so… I don’t have a problem with them.

> 2533274822519620;11:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > During the beta, people complained that it was hard to see dropped weapons on many maps. So 343i added an outline so you don’t get yourself killed staring at the floor wandering backwards because you can’t see a gun.
>
>
> It’s been the same as any other halo game in the past, I played the beta and really didn’t think it was necessary to highlight weapons. It’s never been an issue. This new generation of CoD kids will chase anything shiny. H4 coming out has been the worst thing possible for the halo community.

Oh yes, let’s drag millennials, CoD, and Halo 4 into this. Very nice.

> 2533274883849234;13:
> Have you played 5? (rhetorical I see the badge) During the beta it was really hard to find weapons in some places and now we have Plaza and from what I saw the weapons would blend in perfectly with the ground if not highlighted.

So I guess I can understand why they did it if people truly couldn’t see the weapons but man this didn’t even remotely enter my mind as a complaint. I just played with what I had and picked up what I saw shrugs.

Can we at least tone down the brightness just a tad if it must stay? It just looks so "in your face " and it doesn’t look right…at least not for a Halo game.