Brian reed do we need him gone or downgraded?

So I did a video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQ4YohuJGY
but to ease it since it’s long. Should we have Brian reed fired from halo or Downgraded from lead writer and just get a better lead writer? to me Brian reed has some good ideas but executing them just isn’t his professional skill set. I think 343 needs to get a better lead writer hell I would say they should get the lead writer of witcher 3 but that may just be me.

Who knows maybe at the very least Brian should have a better writer teach him a few things what do you think?. How can halo 6 progress enough to help weaken halo 5’s no so good impact. For starters I think an in game encyclopedia/biography to just help those that do not know hell even those that do about the extended universe and such.

I want him gone,escalation and halo 5 had potential until they were released and then thats when the train derailed

I must say I’ve seen a children’s book have a better plot than what reed has done so far. I miss the oh -Yoink- moments and awesomeness that the main characters pull off. His big oh -Yoink- moment was cortina turning bad which had no wow factor because it was basically alluded to in a casual conversation and then the awesome action moments are all done over the top. They used to be short and sweet but they turned into the opening scene of Osiris which I though was over kill especially for the beginning of a game.

LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE. GET.HIM.GONE!

Get rid of him. Escalation fell flat. And Halo 5 was cliched to the detriment of a narrative arc established with the Didact and Jul that needed to play out a bit more before wiping the slate clean with a bolt out of the blue.

Escalations was terrible and wasted my money because of my anticipation for something better each month. Every story line Brian Reed has made has been scrapped so far. Jul, the absolute record, didact, black team being killed off, Demarco etc… there has been no follow through with his stories. The bias was not explained, the janus key disappears, its so random and sporadic.

At this rate if Brian Reed stays as lead writier, blue team will be killed off in a short story or something. He has so many stories to capitalize on. For example the Rubicon, 343, janus key, the brutes truce with humans and SOS, the absolute record and the bias seen there and yet he decides to make Halo an AI vs organic fight. We still have the flood infested spirit of fire floating in space.

It’s just a mix up of Brian Reed planting seeds for Halo but never watering them or watering them down too much. In conclusion, get rid of him as a story writer. I dislike advocating for people to those their jobs but he is really not doing a great job.

I mean we should blame him for a bad story. But we can’t use him as a scape goat and not blame the rest of 343 and microsoft. The halo 5 campaign was short the story was merely a set up, and the character development was really weak. I really think Brian Reed should be off the team because he’s simply not a good writer, but it shouldn’t be lost on any of us that any team can fail in the story telling department no matter how talented they are. For instance destiny is terrible but we all know joseph staten is a great great story teller and writer. So halo 5’s campaign is probably the perfect storm of bad writing -Yoink- oversight from big wigs at microsoft and a higher focus on the multiplayer.

The Halo fans who love multiplayer, like me, and who love the lore, like me, need to speak up loudly and commend them for excellent challenging multiplayer and complain to them about a frankly lack luster campaign and story.

If they don’t throw him out, at least take him off of lead writer. Halo 5’s campaign was like: “Remember any character development we had in the previous games, 4 especially? Well, we’re throwing that out the window, and giving you no character development, the destruction of the story implied by the ads, the destruction of any story set up by Halo 4, and best of all, Fireteam Osiris, who only really has one interesting character: Buck.”

It would be hard to imagine things getting any worse if he was removed.

However for me the damage is already done. Halo 5 and the dropping of most of the major story lines they had been building up to has effectively killed my interest in the Halo story going forward.

Grow up.

I’m not going to go after him personally, but what I can say is that I was disappointed with Spartan Ops, Escalation, and Halo 5’s story.

They all had a chance to be something huge as well, that’s the part that hurts me.

Personally I enjoyed Spartan Ops, Escalation had some good moments (and some pretty bad ones), but then Halo 5 screwed the pooch.

You have to rememebr though, that even if Brian Reed wrote the ideas for Halo 5, the heads at 343 had to approve it. They are as much to blame as Reed is.
Its like when people bashed Traviss for Kilo-5, yes she wrote it, but 343 read and aproved it and were happy with it.

I’d say “nothing personal” and while I think it’s kind of true, it is also kind of a lie. I took Halo 5’s disappointing bits quite personally. Like it was I don’t know, watching some friend being betrayed.

both :’)

> 2533274890558879;13:
> I’d say “nothing personal” and while I think it’s kind of true, it is also kind of a lie. I took Halo 5’s disappointing bits quite personally. Like it was I don’t know, watching some friend being betrayed.

Like when you find out your best mate’s girlfriend has cheeted on him?
(The writers being the girlfriend, Halo being your mate.)

well you know what they say, 3 strikes and you’re out. although Brian Reed has had like 4 strikes.

> 2533274847920353;1:
> So I did a video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQ4YohuJGY
> but to ease it since it’s long. Should we have Brian reed fired from halo or Downgraded from lead writer and just get a better lead writer? to me Brian reed has some good ideas but executing them just isn’t his professional skill set. I think 343 needs to get a better lead writer hell I would say they should get the lead writer of witcher 3 but that may just be me.
>
> Who knows maybe at the very least Brian should have a better writer teach him a few things what do you think?. How can halo 6 progress enough to help weaken halo 5’s no so good impact. For starters I think an in game encyclopedia/biography to just help those that do not know hell even those that do about the extended universe and such.

Witcher 3 writer is most likely writing the amazing cyberpunk 2077 game

his writing is so horrible, they shouldn’t even let him create a coloring book.

> 2533274951967684;18:
> his writing is so horrible, they shouldn’t even let him create a coloring book.

Hahaha a little harsh bro lolz

I’m just waiting for the pertition to send him cupcakes with pictures of the Didact, Janus Key and Jul 'Mdama on…
Extra salty buns.