Breakout would be more fun with full shields.

And no SMG starts. Maybe lower the win requirement to 3 rounds. But as it is right now, you die way too quickly. If anyone is bothered by the game’s usual fast kill times,then this game mode is even worse. It feels like playing SWAT but without BR starts.

Figures. I have a constructive idea, but since it’s not complaining about ARs or sprint it goes unnoticed.

Don’t worry, I got you bro. IMO the smg starts seem appropriate however I do agree there should be a variant of breakout with shields. It’s a cool game mode and would do even better with the OG halo experience. Great idea!

> 2698808883856932;2:
> Figures. I have a constructive idea, but since it’s not complaining about ARs or sprint it goes unnoticed.

It’s going unnoticed because it directly contradicts the mode in question. There’s a reason why SWAT and Infection don’t have shields either.

If you want normal shields, you need to play a mode that has normal shields, like Slayer.

> 2535460843083983;4:
> > 2698808883856932;2:
> > Figures. I have a constructive idea, but since it’s not complaining about ARs or sprint it goes unnoticed.
>
>
> It’s going unnoticed because it directly contradicts the mode in question. There’s a reason why SWAT and Infection don’t have shields either.
>
> If you want normal shields, you need to play a mode that has normal shields, like Slayer.

I wonder why there isn’t normal shields, but I agree I would like the gametype to play just like slayer.

They also need more pick-up weapons.

More health would be nice, especially since 1 grenade can kill you. Either add more health or get rid of the grenades… Also, remove the BR. Whoever grabs that thing at the start has a huge advantage over everyone, and can literally just sit back and camp.

> 2535460843083983;4:
> > 2698808883856932;2:
> > Figures. I have a constructive idea, but since it’s not complaining about ARs or sprint it goes unnoticed.
>
>
> It’s going unnoticed because it directly contradicts the mode in question. There’s a reason why SWAT and Infection don’t have shields either.
>
> If you want normal shields, you need to play a mode that has normal shields, like Slayer.

It doesn’t directly contradict the mode. The primary concept of the mode is that you have 1 life and the game is played as a series of rounds. Halo 5 already has really fast kill times, this pushes it to overkill imo. This game mode feels like playing SWAT, but with one life and without BR starts. I thought it would be more interesting to have full shields because it would create a more tactical gametype, rather than “great, he started shooting his SMG a half a second before me and now I am dead” or “awesome, one grenade killed two of us instantly”.

I completely agree with you OP, this gametype is meant for full shields, its really weird they went the route they did

I love this mode exactly how it is. You CAN survive someone who gets the jump on you with a strategic thruster dodge. Combined with a grenade and you can win many times even when someone fires first. And starting with a full shield is just slayer without radar. The reduced shield allows the fast pace of this mode. You can breakthrough with a rush and shoulder bash which wouldn’t even be possible with shields because you wouldn’t kill them head on with a bash. You can dodge around a corner when losing just to double back and punch them in the face, also not possible with full shield unless you ninja them. I think this mode is great. If you can’t do well, you aren’t playing it correctly. It’s not swat and its not slayer. If you want those, play those modes.

Y do we have weaker shields in the first place?

It speeds up the pace. You can charge around a corner and one hit shoulder bash. The game can turn very fast because you’re always at risk. Its not a slayer BR battle where you just pop in and out of corners yelling one shot. If it was no shields, there would be no advantage to charging because you would get popped in the head one time. With full shields it’s slayer. No shields it’s swat. Reduced shields creates enough health to risk breaking through and flanking very quickly to win and end a game. This pace would be gone with full shields.

> 2698808883856932;7:
> It doesn’t directly contradict the mode. The primary concept of the mode is that you have 1 life and the game is played as a series of rounds. Halo 5 already has really fast kill times, this pushes it to overkill imo. This game mode feels like playing SWAT, but with one life and without BR starts. I thought it would be more interesting to have full shields because it would create a more tactical gametype, rather than “great, he started shooting his SMG a half a second before me and now I am dead” or “awesome, one grenade killed two of us instantly”.

Have you considered maybe that’s the point of it? Heck the dev and art teams played paintball to get inspiration for it.

At that point it’s a normal Team Salyer game type, wow did you even think before you posted? Problem is that melee is insta kill, because shields is only 75% while melee does about 90% weapon damage, so yeah melee needed to be adjustable in the options menu.

no because then it becomes who gets the 1st kill and gets the 4 on 3 adv and after that there pretty much is no reason to play the round

Games get too long right??? and Yeah! Full Shield’s would make the gameplay faster.

> 2698808883856932;2:
> Figures. I have a constructive idea, but since it’s not complaining about ARs or sprint it goes unnoticed.

Someone is a little full of themselves…

No. Would ruin the fast paced intense game that it is.

> 2698808883856932;1:
> And no SMG starts. Maybe lower the win requirement to 3 rounds. But as it is right now, you die way too quickly. If anyone is bothered by the game’s usual fast kill times,then this game mode is even worse. It feels like playing SWAT but without BR starts.

Holy -Yoink- man, you basically are saying you want breakout to be team slayer on breakout maps. Breakout is more intense because your reaction times count a lot more than in team slayer. A matter of a second could mean the difference between survival and losing. And that is what makes breakout unique from the other game types. Breakout is fine as it is, in fact I think it is the most playable and fun out of all the arena playlists.