Breakout Update Time - post-weapon-update era

It is time to update Breakout to be on the same page as the rest of the game. Now that the rifles and general sandbox has changed so drastically I feel it’s time to do some small Quality of Life updates to the playlist. The very bare minimum is to switch out the shotgun for the new smg as it is a close-range weapon that can compete with the pistol at the closest ranges. After that, I have a few ideas that I believe would make Breakout the best playlist possible, in ways that I feel the vast majority of the community (both active in Breakout and those that are inactive for various reasons) and these improvements include:

• Changing radar to Ability Radar only - Add different gametypes for different starting weps (br/gfr may actually be really good in Breakout). Since maps here are 1-life and you can usually see the enemy team off spawn, having a weapon that has less range than the starting magnum will promote healthier play. - Lowering melee damage a small amount to extend options available at CQC. Many breakout maps get so close-quartered that melee-ing is the only option. Even with reduced damage, a melee is still one of the highest dps actions a player can do and a 2 or 3 shot + melee kill is far too fast for breakout. - Personally, I’d like to see rifles added to more maps. An ACOG DMR would be great on smaller maps, a tracker BR or Carbine would be great on larger maps. There’s a massive amount of potential for gunplay that’s going to waste in Breakout (which I assume is because Breakout did not perform as well as 343 management had hoped for and that’s ok). - Please do not use community maps in Breakout. There have not been community maps that are up to par with the current Breakout maps. They have been fun, but it is not something that should be in the playlist. Just my two cents here.
    What other changes would players like to see? Also, what changes would 343 be willing to implement? I’ve laid out my thoughts on what are most fair changes and those that I feel are safe for 343 to implement with as little risk as possible so it would be great if this could be a thing. Many players I’ve talked to agree that Breakout is fun but is just shy of being viable enough to really invest time in. The largest complaint, by far, is the shotgun start which I personally can’t argue against.

I think breakout would play well with the nerfed SMG now. good idea. And I’d support Ability Tracker radar.

Also, it seems extermination was a very popular playlist! Why not add the extermination gametype (with exterm maps) to the breakout playlist?

> 2533274906308237;2:
> I think breakout would play well with the nerfed SMG now. good idea. And I’d support Ability Tracker radar.
>
> Also, it seems extermination was a very popular playlist! Why not add the extermination gametype (with exterm maps) to the breakout playlist?

Here’s a better question:

Why not remove Breakout altogether and just implement Extermination instead?

Feel free to use the existing Breakout feedback thread:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/breakout-refresh-feedback-thread/d82b6acc-6e13-4ca1-aa42-56b4da181ca5/posts