Breakout tips

I’m going to try Breakout some time soon and was wondering for any tips from people who have played it before. I know having a team and communicate is important.

Don’t play it they ruined it with its new version. But if you still try it for some reasons my advice is learn how to play PTFO close and far. A lot of the times at least for me it’s one person carrying the tean 1v4 them with the shotgun and br. But if you don’t have that then know map placement is key. It’s usually mid

> 2535462450434439;2:
> Don’t play it they ruined it with its new version. But if you still try it for some reasons my advice is learn how to play PTFO close and far. A lot of the times at least for me it’s one person carrying the tean 1v4 them with the shotgun and br. But if you don’t have that then know map placement is key. It’s usually mid

I noticed they added new map layouts. Does it change every match or is it the same?

If you every played Counter Strike, try and think like you did in that game.

You only have one life, so don’t die!

Sometimes killing two players, but knowing you will die, is worth it. Sometimes trading is worth it too.

These two play styles are kind of mutually exclusive, but you have to know when to concentrate on which.

> 2614366390849210;4:
> If you every played Counter Strike, try and think like you did in that game.
>
> You only have one life, so don’t die!
>
> Sometimes killing two players, but knowing you will die, is worth it. Sometimes trading is worth it too.
>
> These two play styles are kind of mutually exclusive, but you have to know when to concentrate on which.

I never played counter strike but I’ve seen a lot of gameplays of it.

Mix up your approaches to confuse the enemy players. Doing so will make you more unpredictable.

I thinks is easier survive with the magnum in long distance, but if you are not good with tha magnum then maybe you should camping with the shotgun

Try to get on a flank and wait for the enemies to make a mistake…

Try to wait for the good version to be brought back. Other than that, camp with the Shotgun in the enemy’s base if you can.

I disagree with people saying not to play it - I did both versions of the game (they dramatically changed it with an update this past year), and I actually like the new version better. Before, if you were down 4v1 or whatever, you were basically screwed because a group of guys against you with full shields when you needed to shoot them multiple times to kill them was difficult, if not impossible to come back from most of the time. Now, with the shotguns, playing smart you always have a much better chance of pulling it off - moving quick and striking first in those situations, you have a much better chance at surviving and coming back. Just my opinion.

As for the original question… some tips (in no particular order).

1. Yes, communication is key. You can win without talking, or with randoms as you can in any other playlist, but going in with a full fire team, you dramatically increase your odds at success. Breakout is a very strategic game since you only have one life each round - having teammates to call out or conspire with is huge.

2. Don’t underestimate the flag. Many rounds can be won if you’re using it strategically. For example… if there’s one guy remaining on the other team, and you’ve got more than that, having a teammate grab the flag FORCES the opposing player out of hiding and draws them right to you, because if they don’t at least try to stop you, you cap the flag and win the round without any trouble. Another example: Oftentimes it’s good to shake up a match. Don’t do it all the time, but occasionally, do grab the flag and try to score it when the other team isn’t anticipating it. Easy victory if you can make it back, and if you’ve got good teammates, they can provide you cover fire / take down the other team while they pursue you.

3. Unless you really care about the “Unstoppable” commendation - ignore it. It’s the worst commendation in the game as it forces you to play reserved / stupid / in hiding all game, which hurts your team and even doing so is very difficult to get. You should be mobile and working together to engage the enemy - not hiding in a corner back in your base.

4. Figure out maps / power weapons. With shotguns starting, you have a good one already at your disposal, but knowing good positions on the map, where Hydra’s / DMR’s are, that sort of thing can still give you a huge advantage over the dude trying to pop you with a pistol a mile away.

5. Oftentimes I’ll employ the strategy of “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” What I mean by that is if you do something one round, and it works great - for example, the whole group goes left, or you ignore the rest of them and go right, whatever, but it ends in positive results for you and your team… keep doing that until the enemy team figures it out and has a way to stop you. Once they’ve figured out a way to bring you down doing that, then try changing up your strategy.

6. With the shotgun, camping becomes a legitimate strategy… finding a wall somewhere where you feel safe but the enemy team will probably inevitably travel down that path (there are several locations like this), waiting there crouched and off-radar, pop them and make them crap themselves when they go by unexpectedly.

That’s all off the top of my head! Play smart. Shoot first with the shotgun. Hope this helps!

> 2533274889232839;3:
> > 2535462450434439;2:
> > Don’t play it they ruined it with its new version. But if you still try it for some reasons my advice is learn how to play PTFO close and far. A lot of the times at least for me it’s one person carrying the tean 1v4 them with the shotgun and br. But if you don’t have that then know map placement is key. It’s usually mid
>
> I noticed they added new map layouts. Does it change every match or is it the same?

It’s the same with the new update they might add maps later but for now they won’t change it

Coming from a solo-queuer in Halo but an often 5-man in Counter Strike I can say one thing: Do NOT chase kills. Breakout is a mode where you’re punished for padding stats. Because of the optional objective (Bomb/hostage in CS, Flag in Breakout), merely going for kills will not help you unless you rush down mid (which is usually open on most maps and a hotspot because of power weapons and the flag) to contest the objective. You WILL die this way. If teammates are not cooperating, force cooperation. Pair up with someone and follow them always. Shoot whoever they’re shooting. You’ll be surprised the number of lone wolves you find in this game. It doesn’t matter if they’re gods at aiming though. Two on one is almost always a mop, if not a trade, for the two man team. Always be with at least one other member of your team. It isn’t always wise to go straight for the objective, because of the mid bloodbath at the beginning. If you really want to, send two or three people down to mid to take the power weapon while one person flanks/goes for a long range weapon like the BR or DMR. This will get you really good map control.

But other than that, if you see, shoot :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274920358788;10:
> I disagree with people saying not to play it - I did both versions of the game (they dramatically changed it with an update this past year), and I actually like the new version better. Before, if you were down 4v1 or whatever, you were basically screwed because a group of guys against you with full shields when you needed to shoot them multiple times to kill them was difficult, if not impossible to come back from most of the time. Now, with the shotguns, playing smart you always have a much better chance of pulling it off - moving quick and striking first in those situations, you have a much better chance at surviving and coming back. Just my opinion.
>
> As for the original question… some tips (in no particular order).
>
> 1) Yes, communication is key. You can win without talking, or with randoms as you can in any other playlist, but going in with a full fire team, you dramatically increase your odds at success. Breakout is a very strategic game since you only have one life each round - having teammates to call out or conspire with is huge.
>
> 2) Don’t underestimate the flag. Many rounds can be won if you’re using it strategically. For example… if there’s one guy remaining on the other team, and you’ve got more than that, having a teammate grab the flag FORCES the opposing player out of hiding and draws them right to you, because if they don’t at least try to stop you, you cap the flag and win the round without any trouble. Another example: Oftentimes it’s good to shake up a match. Don’t do it all the time, but occasionally, do grab the flag and try to score it when the other team isn’t anticipating it. Easy victory if you can make it back, and if you’ve got good teammates, they can provide you cover fire / take down the other team while they pursue you.
>
> 3) Unless you really care about the “Unstoppable” commendation - ignore it. It’s the worst commendation in the game as it forces you to play reserved / stupid / in hiding all game, which hurts your team and even doing so is very difficult to get. You should be mobile and working together to engage the enemy - not hiding in a corner back in your base.
>
> 4) Figure out maps / power weapons. With shotguns starting, you have a good one already at your disposal, but knowing good positions on the map, where Hydra’s / DMR’s are, that sort of thing can still give you a huge advantage over the dude trying to pop you with a pistol a mile away.
>
> 5) Oftentimes I’ll employ the strategy of “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” What I mean by that is if you do something one round, and it works great - for example, the whole group goes left, or you ignore the rest of them and go right, whatever, but it ends in positive results for you and your team… keep doing that until the enemy team figures it out and has a way to stop you. Once they’ve figured out a way to bring you down doing that, then try changing up your strategy.
>
> 6) With the shotgun, camping becomes a legitimate strategy… finding a wall somewhere where you feel safe but the enemy team will probably inevitably travel down that path (there are several locations like this), waiting there crouched and off-radar, pop them and make them crap themselves when they go by unexpectedly.
>
> That’s all off the top of my head! Play smart. Shoot first with the shotgun. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I keep these in mind when I try it out! :slight_smile:

Don’t ever depend on other people on your team to to win the game. Go in with the mindset of they need you.

Not saying don’t use teamwork, just don’t expect your team to do all the work. Trust no one.

Just my opinions