Breakout suggestion

Okay I’ve been thinking about breakout. One thing I would like to see is normal shields and health. Drop the smg’s and have regular weapons on map. This whole swat crossover into a sport type elimination with smg’s in my opinion isn’t working… Constructive thoughts??

Breakout definitely has potential. I don’t like the paintball style gametype either, but there’s so much that could be done with the gametype.

I think the fundamental game type has merit. Obviously map design, weapon choices, health / shields, even player movement can be tweaked over time. But why not. If it’s not appealing to the masses the play list will eventually die and make room for something that is. Like Zombie Griffball.

I like it, but It gets old. I think the ability to revive teammates would mix things up a bit.

I love the shields and the smg as it differentiates breakout from other games.

Given the paint ball like nature of the game type, my breakout suggestion is to put no weapons on map, and make it game-centric on balanced starts, teamwork, and coordination. Perhaps put a single invisibility / over shield (normal shield) in the center of the map to be focused on and fought over.

The single BR per side is extremely annoying on a couple of levels. First of all, I want it, and I get pissed when someone takes it. The BR has such a significant advantage over the pistol & smg, that I would rather have it taken out of the match entirely then deal with the game play of not having one.

Alternatively, just make the game BR start, and let it play out in a more swat-esque like fashion. I would also be curios to see how DMR would function as a Breakout starting weapon, sense DMR much less forgiving then the BR is. Might give the game a Halo CE meets counter strike Ice World feel.

> 2610345319735860;6:
> Given the paint ball like nature of the game type, my breakout suggestion is to put no weapons on map, and make it game-centric on balanced starts, teamwork, and coordination. Perhaps put a single invisibility / over shield (normal shield) in the center of the map to be focused on and fought over.
>
> The single BR per side is extremely annoying on a couple of levels. First of all, I want it, and I get pissed when someone takes it. The BR has such a significant advantage over the pistol & smg, that I would rather have it taken out of the match entirely then deal with the game play of not having one.
>
> Alternatively, just make the game BR start, and let it play out in a more swat-esque like fashion. I would also be curios to see how DMR would function as a Breakout starting weapon, sense DMR much less forgiving then the BR is. Might give the game a Halo CE meets counter strike Ice World feel.

I think you make a valid point as does everyone here. There is so much that can be done with this game type and it does very much so separate itself from the rest of the other game types. I personally love it but I was expecting, and excited for a game type that you had full shields and health with weapons such as BR starts. However, I can’t help thinking that since they made the rounds 2 minutes it would be kind of hard for everyone to get eliminated WITH full shields and health so I think that’s why they opted to have a SWAT like nature.

> 2533274829438213;1:
> Okay I’ve been thinking about breakout. One thing I would like to see is normal shields and health. Drop the smg’s and have regular weapons on map. This whole swat crossover into a sport type elimination with smg’s in my opinion isn’t working… Constructive thoughts??

So basically turn it into regular Slayer? No thanks, we already have that.

> 2533274912984822;8:
> > 2533274829438213;1:
> > Okay I’ve been thinking about breakout. One thing I would like to see is normal shields and health. Drop the smg’s and have regular weapons on map. This whole swat crossover into a sport type elimination with smg’s in my opinion isn’t working… Constructive thoughts??
>
>
>
> So basically turn it into regular Slayer? No thanks, we already have that.

Not regular slayer. Elimination but with the paintball game style it has.

Breakout w/ DMR/Pistol starts? Nothing on the map, but grenades and a powerup in the center.

That would give it more of a paintball feel.

> 2533274823601925;10:
> Breakout w/ DMR/Pistol starts? Nothing on the map, but grenades and a powerup in the center.
>
> That would give it more of a paintball feel.

Definitely. I feel like they can do so much with this game type and I was very excited to see it in the beta but when I played it for the first time I was definitely disappointed.

> 2533274829438213;1:
> Okay I’ve been thinking about breakout. One thing I would like to see is normal shields and health. Drop the smg’s and have regular weapons on map. This whole swat crossover into a sport type elimination with smg’s in my opinion isn’t working… Constructive thoughts??

Or they could make it so you start with 150% shields, but they recharge at 50% the normal rate.

> 2533274823601925;10:
> Breakout w/ DMR/Pistol starts? Nothing on the map, but grenades and a powerup in the center.
>

Seems interesting. Another thing I’d like to see is limited health. No recharging and no health packs. People will be forced to work as a team like this (similar to counter strike).

> 2533274973373704;13:
> > 2533274823601925;10:
> > Breakout w/ DMR/Pistol starts? Nothing on the map, but grenades and a powerup in the center.
> >
> > That would give it more of a paintball feel.
>
>
>
> Seems interesting. Another thing I’d like to see is limited health. No recharging and no health packs. People will be forced to work as a team like this (similar to counter strike).

Edit: Just saw you said no healthpacks… Oops
Yea, you could even make the center or focus points have health packs instead of powerups. That would cause for some frustration but also strategic maneuvers between teams to plan who would grab them. I don’t see any of this happening though as the rounds are too quick for a game type like this.

> 2533274823601925;14:
> > 2533274973373704;13:
> > > 2533274823601925;10:
> > > Breakout w/ DMR/Pistol starts? Nothing on the map, but grenades and a powerup in the center.
> > >
> > > That would give it more of a paintball feel.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Seems interesting. Another thing I’d like to see is limited health. No recharging and no health packs. People will be forced to work as a team like this (similar to counter strike).
>
>
> Edit: Just saw you said no healthpacks… Oops
> Yea, you could even make the center or focus points have health packs instead of powerups. That would cause for some frustration but also strategic maneuvers between teams to plan who would grab them. I don’t see any of this happening though as the rounds are too quick for a game type like this.

Health packs as an objective seems interesting, but this’s an elimination mode in which you get only one live per round. Your idea might work in team death match version of the mode, but not this one.

> 2533274823601925;10:
>

That sounds perfect.

> 2533274823601925;10:
>

That is basically what I was suggesting just a few posts up. So, this has my vote!

DMR would function similar to the Halo CE pistol in ttk. I think it would make the game play much more interesting. Although… i think an SMG secondary would be better then the pistol. I mean, no one would ever use the pistol when you start with DMR. Whereas SMG has some cqc viability. Or perhaps a shotgun? Just spit balling.

I wish 343 would iterate more changes during the beta to actually TEST some of these concepts out. Its an effing beta test after all, so lets start testing these ideas.

Your post is just asking for regular slayer with a gimmicky opening to every game…

But honestly I think Breakout should have no changes made to it at this point. SMGs have good range and make the game more strategic. It also makes the AR and BR power weapons which is really cool.

The only thing that should be fixed is the lag glitch where you don’t make it over the shield and unfairly die.

I’d like to see Normal shields DMR starts with Sniper on map.

Maybe have 2 lives per player before your out. Or 3. I always like in games where you would have a number of lives.