Breakout Refresh

I was never an avid fan of Breakout before the refresh, but now it feels…wrong.

In the old Breakout, it rewarded tactical team play. Occasionally, you could do well if you played like a virtual Rambo.
Now everyone rushes for the flag or crouches around corners with the shotgun.
It just doesn’t feel right anymore. I understand the cross between swat/normal health wasn’t perfect, but this seems worse.

Note: I’m okay with the new maps, just not the changes to the game mode itself.

What do you guys think about the refresh?

I understand it’s been a while since the refresh but I haven’t really seen anything about it.

It would be fine with no radar.

I love it. I hated it at first, but I played it to get ranked now I into it. I really like the 1v1 encounters and the flag return to your own base makes the flag a playable option.
I know a lot of people are hating on it, but nobody really was playing the old way and for the most part I think it plays at a very competitive level now.

I much prefer the old breakout, and to be honest I could give you a list as to why it’s surperior and and better way to go about breakout HOWEVER I don’t trust 343 will take the time to consider what I have to say so there’s no use complaining but I do for sure miss the old ways

Remember to add your thoughts on the changes here: Breakout Refresh Feedback Thread

> 2533274924401014;2:
> It would be fine with no radar.

Agree…

The refresh is absolutely awful, please revert it back

The refresh is absolutely awful, please revert it back

It would be way better with no radar and no shotty plus patching all those maps, people keep getting out of maps and cheating.

> 2533274805919869;9:
> It would be way better with no radar and no shotty plus patching all those maps, people keep getting out of maps and cheating.

I never thought of that. I might have to try that later.

I guess this clip can be used for argument why clamber should be removed in Halo 6.

I never played Breakout before this new iteration so that makes my opinion null and void but I like it. It took me a while to get used to it. The speed and what not but now I’m fairly proficient and getting better. Frankly, it’s the only mode I want to play anymore. The only reason I’ve even tried anything else was to earn my arena req packs since I’m virtually out of them in Arena. I’ll be -Yoink!- if I don’t have about 60 COMMON Gambit: Assist packs though. Worthless.

I like Breakout though. It’s been a lot of fun for me.

Love it!!! have a place for both versions. but this new way of capturing the flag is downright stupid!!! to me that doesnt make it the same gametype. i see way too many games where there sole purpose is capturing the flag. that which it only used to be a way to shorten the standoffs. thats the only change to me that apparently needs to change. it really looks like a neutral flag game with only 1 life per round. maybe thats what it should be called.

> 2533274844603375;8:
> The refresh is absolutely awful, please revert it back

would be so down for that!!!