Breakout is one of The Most Underrated Features

If you guys didn’t know, Breakout was turned into a social playlist with Team Doubles taking it’s place and becoming a ranked playlist.

I’m going to be honest, I don’t particularly play Halo 5 competitively. I’m more of a casual player. But Breakout has got to be one of my FAVORITE game modes in all of Halo. I’m serious! I love the map design, the art style, the way it plays. I love just about everything about it! I think it’s one of the best, most polished aspects of Halo 5. (you never see the Retrieving data bug in Breakout)

But it seems the community and 343i don’t feel the same way. I hardly ever see posts on this Subreddit or on Halo Waypoint and there are hardly any YouTube videos on it. It seems like Breakout just doesn’t get a lot of attention (in my experience browsing the internet.)

And with Breakout becoming unranked, it feels like it’s being pushed to the side. I get that people love Team Doubles, I do too! Is it just that we can’t have too many ranked playlists or something? Because I really did love Breakout, and I would love if it was still ranked.

Those are my thoughts and feelings on it, I’ll probably still play Breakout, the experience isn’t ruined by any means. I’m just sad that it’s unranked now. What do you think about Breakout? Love it? Hate it? Glad it’s unranked?

I made a video that goes further in-depth on this topic: What is Halo 5's Most Underrated Feature?! - YouTube

I’m so split on Breakout. It’s like, I hate it if I suck, and I like it if I do well. But it’s a shame to hear that the one game-type that’s suppose to be ranked has been un-ranked.

I like Breakout, probably don’t play it enough but I’m surprised it didn’t take off more, I read the pros weren’t sold on it, not sure what that means, but it certainly feels a better fit for ranked play than social IMO.

I significantly dislike Breakout, as do my friends. Too fast and too punishing for our tastes.

> 2533274895603860;2:
> I’m so split on Breakout. It’s like, I hate it if I suck, and I like it if I do well. But it’s a shame to hear that the one game-type that’s suppose to be ranked has been un-ranked.

I feel the same way! But I usually have at least a good play or two, so I pretty much always have fun playing it.

The only reason I stopped playing Breakout is the addition of community maps. If these maps are being removed, I would go play Breakout again over other game modes.

I will never understand why breakout is now unranked, but a gamemode like team doubles is ranked.

> 2533274876083867;7:
> I will never understand why break out is now unranked but a gamemode like team doubles is ranked.

Quite possibly too few people playing it to have competitive rankings.

I agree. For a while breakout was the only thing I played in arena, and I loved this new way it played with the mechanics. Along with that it’s the only game mode where you have to be at maximum capacity at all times since you only have one life. It brought more strategy and tactics into halo.

Breakout was something new to Halo, but it was really cool. I enjoyed Breakout a lot even though my K/D ratio is trash XD

That game mode gave me losts of tension… Hate it when it has friendly fire

Yeah I agree I remember that Breakout was suppose to be like the greatest playlist, but over time it has been not popular since

I couldn’t get into it… but then again the quit fest of H5 has turned me away from pretty much any 4v4 playlist. Also I am more of a slayer fan than objective. But pretty sure breakout isn’t that popular among most players.

Breakout could have been alot better if they added the ability to revive teammates.

It have to be ranked. Breakout without rank is like halo without guns.

Breakout was so satisfying if you played well, and the medals for it were so good. Nothing feels more badass than you taking out an entire team by yourself in breakout.

> 2533274809555549;5:
> > 2533274895603860;2:
> > I’m so split on Breakout. It’s like, I hate it if I suck, and I like it if I do well. But it’s a shame to hear that the one game-type that’s suppose to be ranked has been un-ranked.
>
>
> I feel the same way! But I usually have at least a good play or two, so I pretty much always have fun playing it.

That opinion makes 3.Boring when bad.Fun when good.

It should not go back to being ranked. A rank is what makes casual players NOT want to play Halo or that game type.

> 2533274809555549;1:
> If you guys didn’t know, Breakout was turned into a social playlist with Team Doubles taking it’s place and becoming a ranked playlist.
>
> I’m going to be honest, I don’t particularly play Halo 5 competitively. I’m more of a casual player. But Breakout has got to be one of my FAVORITE game modes in all of Halo. I’m serious! I love the map design, the art style, the way it plays. I love just about everything about it! I think it’s one of the best, most polished aspects of Halo 5. (you never see the Retrieving data bug in Breakout)
>
> But it seems the community and 343i don’t feel the same way. I hardly ever see posts on this Subreddit or on Halo Waypoint and there are hardly any YouTube videos on it. It seems like Breakout just doesn’t get a lot of attention (in my experience browsing the internet.)
>
> And with Breakout becoming unranked, it feels like it’s being pushed to the side. I get that people love Team Doubles, I do too! Is it just that we can’t have too many ranked playlists or something? Because I really did love Breakout, and I would love if it was still ranked.
>
> Those are my thoughts and feelings on it, I’ll probably still play Breakout, the experience isn’t ruined by any means. I’m just sad that it’s unranked now. What do you think about Breakout? Love it? Hate it? Glad it’s unranked?
>
> I made a video that goes further in-depth on this topic: What is Halo 5's Most Underrated Feature?! - YouTube

Breakout is my favorite playlist in Halo 5. I passed 10 K kills in Breakout alone yesterday. Currently am grinding the last 10 immortals in it so I can get the Magnum Opus emblem and Arena Mastery. Wait, what? I love Breakout and it being ranked, but it being unranked has actually been great so far, at least for me. I’ve gotten 8 immortals in 2 days. In the past, I wouldn’t get many immortals a season since I’ve been Champion in it all the time. You can’t get immortals against other Champion’s, I can tell you that much. I was even Champion 1 at one point during previous season. So I do hope Breakout returns to ranked playlists in the next season after I’ve gotten the last immortals =) Great post though, this topic needs discussion and 343 needs to see it.

I imagine Breakout was just such a competitive and back and forth type of game people didn’t like it. Players now want to become OP and win all matches. In breakout it was always a 50/50 chance, unless someone quit out then you were stuck. Its a sad sight to see breakout leave ranked but I feel it was for the best.