Breakout is just terrible

The one chance they have to make a strategic balanced gametype they do things like never switch sides, 1 hit beat downs, 1 grenade kills, 3 shot pistol kills. To top it all off they put it on a ridiculously 1 sided map. Also can we talk about the man cannons? I’ve died from not making into the map haha My hope for this game being good is fading fast. Halo just needs to die at this point, put it out of it’s misery, it was never meant to be a twitch shooter. The community is just too divided, stop pushing this turd, leave the Halo we all loved intact, stop tarnishing it.

Whats with the escalation towards the end of your post? I mean, yeah I don’t like breakout either, it needs serious work, and the maps suck. But you end your paragraph with “halo needs to be put out of its misery” like what the -Yoink- dude? This is a beta.

Now I understand everyone’s complaints with the halo way point community.

I think they were trying to make a rip-off of search and destroy, minus the positive aspects of it on CoD.

> 2533275018899275;3:
> I think they were trying to make a rip-off of search and destroy, minus the positive aspects of it on CoD.

Guess bungie tried to become CoD with adding Swat.

I wouldn’t mind Breakout if it wasn’t for the TERRIBLE death music.

> 2533274827948064;2:
> Whats with the escalation towards the end of your post? I mean, yeah I don’t like breakout either, it needs serious work, and the maps suck. But you end your paragraph with “halo needs to be put out of its misery” like what the -Yoink- dude? This is a beta.
>
> Now I understand everyone’s complaints with the halo way point community.

I mean I hope Halo survives and is a good game but like I said my hope is fading because of things like breakout. If 343 doesn’t get it at least close to right this time around how many more tries are we going to give them before we all agree they should just pull the plug. At this point unless I see something of value to buying this game I won’t be getting it. I’m not going to keep buying games just because they say Halo on the cover, they have to play like halo, not some twitch generic shooter.

> 2533274870591903;4:
> > 2533275018899275;3:
> > I think they were trying to make a rip-off of search and destroy, minus the positive aspects of it on CoD.
>
>
> Guess bungie tried to become CoD with adding Swat.

Nice meme.

How the hell did you die from the mancannons, that parts scripted.

Lag… happens to me a lot, if there’s enough lag you don’t make it over the wall - the start of the round is always the most tense part for me

> 2533274851609386;9:
> Lag… happens to me a lot, if there’s enough lag you don’t make it over the wall - the start of the round is always the most tense part for me

Breakout is so intense that you stress out before even spawning!

> 2533275018899275;3:
> I think they were trying to make a rip-off of search and destroy, minus the positive aspects of it on CoD.

Needs weapons balancing, especially the SMG.
Too campy with the SMG+ADS now.

Also, maps need to be more horizontally wider with more good routes to take.

> 2533274804536255;1:
> The one chance they have to make a strategic balanced gametype they do things like never switch sides, 1 hit beat downs, 1 grenade kills, 3 shot pistol kills. To top it all off they put it on a ridiculously 1 sided map. Also can we talk about the man cannons? I’ve died from not making into the map haha My hope for this game being good is fading fast. Halo just needs to die at this point, put it out of it’s misery, it was never meant to be a twitch shooter. The community is just too divided, stop pushing this turd, leave the Halo we all loved intact, stop tarnishing it.

I think 343 is doing an awesome job and giving us options!

I also think Breakout is cool, but I feel the left and right sides should be very similar and give cover just like the “HOUSE”… this would spread the teams out more.

haloXcell

Lol the maps are even on both sides. It’s the exact same thing. It’s more even than Sanctuary or Beaver Creek. But I guess you’re getting owned too hard so it’s a bad game type, right?

> 2533274804536255;1:
> The one chance they have to make a strategic balanced gametype they do things like never switch sides, 1 hit beat downs, 1 grenade kills, 3 shot pistol kills. To top it all off they put it on a ridiculously 1 sided map. Also can we talk about the man cannons? I’ve died from not making into the map haha My hope for this game being good is fading fast. Halo just needs to die at this point, put it out of it’s misery, it was never meant to be a twitch shooter. The community is just too divided, stop pushing this turd, leave the Halo we all loved intact, stop tarnishing it.

The map is symmetrical… so changing sides wouldn’t change anything or we are & your not seeing it. & their supposed to be quick matches, with no shields. get into a group that communicates & works as a team to coordinate.(just letting you know its a T****eam based game type. Your ether Red or Blue for a reason) Man-cannon probs? Beta=bugs. Game type, if you don’t like it, don’t play it. Have you ever played a match of SWAT?

Is H5 without shields.

> 2533274823626784;10:
> Breakout is so intense that you stress out before even spawning!
>
>
>
> > 2533275018899275;3:
> > I think they were trying to make a rip-off of search and destroy, minus the positive aspects of it on CoD.
>
>
>
> Needs weapons balancing, especially the SMG.
> Too campy with the SMG+ADS now.
>
> Also, maps need to be more horizontally wider with more good routes to take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRy5BRRWT0#t=258

Look familiar to you?Rip-off? no, its Halo’s paintball. to campy? its because basically a few shots your done. & if you want you can try rushing, may work, may not. I’ve rushed & made it to the opposite spawn the wiped the team from behind. other times get dropped because I’m a huge weak target in the open.

> 2585548714651141;12:
> Lol the maps are even on both sides. It’s the exact same thing. It’s more even than Sanctuary or Beaver Creek. But I guess you’re getting owned too hard so it’s a bad game type, right?

Not referring to Red side or Blue side…I’m speaking of the left and right…and no, not really getting owned.

I’m having fun in Breakout. It’s has a very different feel and I appreciate it as an optional mode to play.

Dying off the launches by not landing on the game area killed this game mode for me.

Breakout is my favorite Halo gametype since infection. I like the quick kills, and I want to see these settings in more gametypes.

> 2533274826317859;8:
> How the hell did you die from the mancannons, that parts scripted.

I actually hit a lag spike for some reason and my guy never left the mancannon platform. Round ended in a tie because I thought I was trapped, ran on it at the last second and got thrown into the map. Really weird.