Breakout CSR

I’m hoping someone can help explain this to me. I have a question regarding how the breakout CSR is determined. Last night my wife and I played all 10 of our breakout qualifying matches together. We played the exact same 10 matches but in the interest of disclosure we went 5-5. Since we had the same W-L the only way to differentiate us would be by our individual stats. I had a K/D of 55/40 (With a KDA of 20.0) and she had a K/D of 22/58 (with a KDA of -34.7). I had more than double her kills, triple her assists & 18 fewer deaths than she had. My question is how in the yoink am I a Bronze 1 when she is a Bronze 3?!?!?
I am frustrated by this especially because the same thing happened last season. We played the same matches together and my K/D was 1.0 while hers was 0.7. She got Bronze 4 and I got Bronze 1. I’m no pro and I’m not suggesting I should be platinum or anything crazy like that but I was silver 1 in the preseason and have only done better each successive season but have gotten 3 straight Bronze 1 CSRs.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Honestly I dont know lol. Idk why they put you in Bronze that seems like a silver. Im diamond but the qualifiers and rank are about winning, but TBH it doesnt make any sense.

No clue…almost as if 343 is just handing out random ranks: “oh 9/45 KD…here’s a Platinum for you little Spartan, 99/1 KD…sorry Bronze for you little buddy.”

> 2533274871914584;2:
> Honestly I dont know lol. Idk why they put you in Bronze that seems like a silver. Im diamond but the qualifiers and rank are about winning, but TBH it doesnt make any sense.

The W/L part adds to confusion. In the preseason (My only non-bronze 1) we won 3 out of 10 matches. .333 gets me silver but .500 or better gets me bronze? I think Proactinium is right.

sorry i can’t help

same happened to me

ranks are based on win/loss ratio, not ur k/d
i mean if it were based on k/d, wouldnt everyone not play the objective and just go for kills?

> 2533274857730037;3:
> No clue…almost as if 343 is just handing out random ranks: “oh 9/45 KD…here’s a Platinum for you little Spartan, 99/1 KD…sorry Bronze for you little buddy.”

hahahaha dude!!! :smiley: “bronze for you little buddy” :smiley: :smiley:

> 2535465785483482;7:
> ranks are based on win/loss ratio, not ur k/d
> i mean if it were based on k/d, wouldnt everyone not play the objective and just go for kills?

It’s not all based on win/loss. There are multiple factors that go into where you get ranked.

> 2535465785483482;7:
> ranks are based on win/loss ratio, not ur k/d
> i mean if it were based on k/d, wouldnt everyone not play the objective and just go for kills?

I think you missed the part where I said my wife and I played the SAME 10 qualifier matches. This means the W/L was identical and as such K/D seemed to be needed to differentiate between us. My point was how does someone perform measurably better, have the identical w/l and get a lower rank than their teammate? I could understand CTF or strongholds matches giving extra credit for capturing the flag/stronghold to the player that gets the cap but this was breakout. The objective there is wipe out the enemy team or cap the flag. I had more round winning kills (including 1-1 and 1-2 which the other player lacked), more flag caps, more kills and fewer deaths which all play to the objective. This is why the CSR makes no sense.

I hate kill farmers that don’t bother with objectives when I lose. If their kills aid in a win then okay but if you’re trying to farm kills and the team is losing the match then change your tactics. Go kill crazy in slayer or swat but work toward the objective in other modes.

What happened OP, is that you got 343’d. Who knows why? i’ve had the same thing happen where i have performed better than friends that i play all 10 matches with but they get into onyx while i am stuck in diamond or platinum… why? i have know clue. But i will say that gold 1 is not far from gold 3 and that you should just play a little bit and win some games and you’ll be up there in no time. or try not to care about ranking much and just enjoy playing the game with your wife. although i’m that it is probably competitive between you two :wink:

Obviously the all knowing ranking system judged the decisions you made in the game and determined that you suck.