BREAKING NEWS! Dual Wielding Halo CEA?

This is breaking news. It looks like Elite can dual wield in Halo: CEA! I’m not completely sure but it appears to be so.

Can the elite dual wield? If you look at around the 0:51 mark when the Master Chief is shooting an elite appears to be holding two weapons.

If he isn’t don’t thrash me - it just looks that way to me.

Here’s the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1J3z_2Uep8

I haven’t watched the video but 343 said they were not going to change anything about the gameplay.

But I didn’t watch the video so who knows. (Laziness)

If I wasn’t clear, I don’t expect dual-wielding; it just appears that an elite is dual-wielding at that moment. If it does happen (which it probably won’t), it will most likely be restricted to enemy elites.

I can’t really tell either way. But given that they’re literally using the original CE engine, I don’t think so.

After looking at it several times, here’s what I saw. His right hand held a plasma rifle. His left hand was held up like a claw, but his hand was open and empty.

> If I wasn’t clear, I don’t expect dual-wielding; it just appears that an elite is dual-wielding at that moment. If it does happen (which it probably won’t), it will most likely be restricted to enemy elites.

Like they did with Reach.

Probably isn’t, though. Just looks that way because of the effects spread out around his hands.

i think it was white mabye bobs can dual wield, but i definetly saw two guns, a pink light (needler) and a green one (plasma pistol?) who knows i dont really care as long as its the same levels and story

It’s obvious that the elites right hand has a needler. As for the left hand, it could be a plasma rifle or a plasma pistol. The plasma rifle is a candidate because it appears that he’s holding something in that hand and blue bursts of plasma are in that scene, but there also plasma bursts from the Master Chief. The plasma pistol also makes sense because there is a green bolt of plasma seen. However, in Halo 1, elites never used plasma pistols.

Ah, yeah, if you pause at one moment you see 2 distinct colours in each hand. Actually, you can see it in motion, too. It seems some Elites do duel-wield.

Or you can miss the Plasma Rifle in one-hand and the exploding Plasma Grenade in the other…

he wasn’t dual wielding.

Ok, so far from what I can see,
Player dual wielding = no go, I saw no player dual wielding any thing but two hands.
Elite dual wielding = maybe, it’s alot easier to give an elite the ability to dual wield than a player, less animations.
I’m not saying I’d love to see dual wielding in Halo CEA, but it’s most likely not going to happen.

It may seem like he was dual wielding but he isn’t.

And it wouldn’t make sense for an Elite to dual wield and when you press the flashback button, it’s weapon disappears.

He had a needler in his right hand and was getting shot by the chiefs plasma rifle in his right hand:P

Fake, The Elite isn’t Dual Wielding.

Halo CE is cut and paste Halo CE, there is NO DIFFERENCE to it. If you turn on the bonus graphics they skinned in some secrets/easter eggs but thats it.

> He had a needler in his right hand and was getting shot by the chiefs plasma rifle in his right hand:P

That’s why I wasn’t sure about the Plasma Rifle.

Sorry mate he’s not dual wielding.

It definitely looks like the Elite is dual wielding there. Nice eyesight you got there, I’ve seen the trailer several times and overlooked that.

I think it’ll only be restricted to enemies, however, like it is in Reach.

He isn’t. It’s just the plasma from the Chief’s rifle hitting his hand.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too; its just the plasma. I just wanted to see what other people thought.