BR vs DMR vs Carbine but you forgot the...

Light Rifle.

We don’t know how it performs on MP, but my guess is we shouldn’t worry about being it OP or not, or about the BR being 4sk or 5sk. 343 will get the kill times correctly and let us pick from 4 different weapons and have a balanced rifle sandbox.

In the end they don’t want a one weapon game, they want the variety we all want.

> 4 different weapons and have a balanced rifle sandbox.

The hell?

the light rifle is stronger than all of those weapons. it stands basically as a sniper rifle

I agree that the kill times is what it going to matter. I know that Zero Bloom on the DMR in Halo:Reach makes the game much more tolerable.

That’s what I generally have been pro 4sk just because I feel like the pace of the game is much better.
I’m reminded of the transition from Halo 3 to Reach and that one factor, the 5sk just killed it for me.

> I agree that the kill times is what it going to matter. I know that Zero Bloom on the DMR in Halo:Reach makes the game much more tolerable.
>
> That’s what I generally have been pro 4sk just because I feel like the pace of the game is much better.
> I’m reminded of the transition from Halo 3 to Reach and that one factor, the 5sk just killed it for me.

You can’t even count the difference between 4 and 5 shots.

> I agree that the kill times is what it going to matter. I know that Zero Bloom on the DMR in Halo:Reach makes the game much more tolerable.
>
> That’s what I generally have been pro 4sk just because I feel like the pace of the game is much better.
> I’m reminded of the transition from Halo 3 to Reach and that one factor, the 5sk just killed it for me.

For halo 3 I just keep shooting till the person is dead. I aim for the head so the number of shots it takes to kill doesn’t really matter as long as I know it will take my enemy just as long.

The light rifle is too strong to be a starter.

Also there are way more than 4 starters. There are 14.

If what I saw about the LR was correct, it has much stronger firepower, but much more time in between shots. It could very well be a high-level start-option.

One which I will use all over.

considering we haven’t seen any gameplay of the light rifle yet, Its hard to see how it would fit into gameplay. All we know is that it shoots in a 3 shot burst regularly, and shoots 1 shot at a time when zoomed in.

> > I agree that the kill times is what it going to matter. I know that Zero Bloom on the DMR in Halo:Reach makes the game much more tolerable.
> >
> > That’s what I generally have been pro 4sk just because I feel like the pace of the game is much better.
> > I’m reminded of the transition from Halo 3 to Reach and that one factor, the 5sk just killed it for me.
>
> For halo 3 I just keep shooting till the person is dead. I aim for the head so the number of shots it takes to kill doesn’t really matter as long as I know it will take my enemy just as long.

Well the benefit of counting your shots is that you can aim for their body (a much larger target) until the last shot necessary.

Why have any covenant weapons if there are going to be NO elites? >:(

> considering we haven’t seen any gameplay of the light rifle yet, Its hard to see how it would fit into gameplay. All we know is that it shoots in a 3 shot burst regularly, and shoots 1 shot at a time when zoomed in.

Are we talking about the same weapon? The LR in the E3 presentation was 1-shot all-around.

> Why have any covenant weapons if there are going to be NO elites? >:(

There were Elite weapons in the original Halo’s Multiplayer even though Elites weren’t added to Multiplayer until Halo 2. Think man think. Besides that Elites are in fact in Campaign and Spartan Ops which means so are their weapons.

> Why have any covenant weapons if there are going to be NO elites? >:(

Why have infection playlist if there is no flood? See what I did there?

> the light rifle is stronger than all of those weapons. it stands basically as a sniper rifle

> Why have any covenant weapons if there are going to be NO elites? >:(

Hold on… stay calm. We’re here to help you.

We don’t want you to hurt yourself or any others, so I will ask you to do one thing.

Do some research before posting!
Have you paid any attention? There are Elites in Halo 4. In the campaign and Spartan Ops. Besides, Covie weapons and vehicles make up a big part of Halo’s sandbox. You can’t just throw them away.

There just aren’t Elites in multiplayer. Besides, wouldn’t you want to train your Spartans with all types of weaponry? Including alien?

> Why have any covenant weapons if there are going to be NO elites? >:(

Give it a rest dude.

> The light rifle is too strong to be a starter.
>
> Also there are way more than 4 starters. There are 14.

14? how so?
Br, DMR, Carbine, AR, and storm rifle are the only ones i can think of(if your counting secondaries, then magnum and plasma pistol). That’s only 5(7 with secondaries) Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and add a forerunner auto-weapon and pistol, but that’s still only 6(9 with secondaries). And if the light rifle is in the spawning options, you can add 1 to each of those lists.

Im counting 10 at most, 7 without secondaries. and you didn’t count the light rifle in your own post, so i can subtract that from the list.

> > considering we haven’t seen any gameplay of the light rifle yet, Its hard to see how it would fit into gameplay. All we know is that it shoots in a 3 shot burst regularly, and shoots 1 shot at a time when zoomed in.
>
> Are we talking about the same weapon? The LR in the E3 presentation was 1-shot all-around.

In a campaign interview/demo after E3, I believe Josh showed off the Lightrifle’s 3 shot burst fire mode when zoomed out. It is only noticeable when moving and firing, so it wasn’t really seen in the E3 demo. Then, when zoomed in, the lightrifle shoots a single, more powerful shot.

> > considering we haven’t seen any gameplay of the light rifle yet, Its hard to see how it would fit into gameplay. All we know is that it shoots in a 3 shot burst regularly, and shoots 1 shot at a time when zoomed in.
>
> Are we talking about the same weapon? The LR in the E3 presentation was 1-shot all-around.

I believe so. See here.