BR takes less skill than the DMR

Just thought I would mention that the BR does not take more “Skill” to use when compared to the DMR. With the DMR you either hit or miss. With the BR people say that you need to group your shot in order for it to be effective, but that is not the truth of the matter. Honestly all the spread does with the BR is allow you to score a glancing hit in cases where you should have missed. Not only that, but it is accurate, fast, head shot capable, and it may be the most damaging rifle in the game. On top of that you don’t even need to land every bullet to pull off the 4 shot kill. Overall it is quite the noob weapon that a skilled player can easily abuse.

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Just thought I would mention that the BR does not take more “Skill” to use when compared to the DMR. With the DMR you either hit or miss. With the BR people say that you need to group your shot in order for it to be effective, but that is not the truth of the matter. Honestly all the spread does with the BR is allow you to score a glancing hit in cases where you should have missed. Not only that, but it is accurate, fast, head shot capable, and it may be the most damaging rifle in the game. On top of that you don’t even need to land every bullet to pull off the 4 shot kill. Overall it is quite the noob weapon that a skilled player can easily abuse.

I completely agree with you, I been playing Halo for ages since Combat evolved just like you have, I have gone through many BR noobs since Halo 2, in fact, Since Halo 3. Halo 4 has too much BR noobs. They even would do a easy way melee/headshot trick. Not just with the BR, but any precision weapon. DMR, Pistol, BR (more specifically) Carbine, Beam Rifle, etc. PS: This is my first time on a halo forum.

My Opinion BR isn’t bad i mainly use it because i am a short to mid range player and i have always loved 3 shot burst rifles. It really just is a matter of opinion It ain’t a noob weapon no weapon is every gun has it’s strengths and weaknesses it just depends on how u use the gun. And while the DMR takes fairly more shot to kill a opponent their both precision weapons with different abilities so yeah.

For me, it’s all a matter of range and perspective. On the majority of Halo maps, where close and mid-range combat occurs, the Battle rifle and Carbine are much more useful than the almost exclusively long-range DMR and LightRifle. I actually find using a DMR on BR users quite easy on maps like Ragnarok (Particularly on that little alcove in the canyon base), but it’s suicide to try and fight effectively with a DMR on Adrift if you don’t know what you are doing.

I think they both equally take the same skill.

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Just thought I would mention that the BR does not take more “Skill” to use when compared to the DMR. With the DMR you either hit or miss. With the BR people say that you need to group your shot in order for it to be effective, but that is not the truth of the matter. Honestly all the spread does with the BR is allow you to score a glancing hit in cases where you should have missed. Not only that, but it is accurate, fast, head shot capable, and it may be the most damaging rifle in the game. On top of that you don’t even need to land every bullet to pull off the 4 shot kill. Overall it is quite the noob weapon that a skilled player can easily abuse.

I always have had issues with the Battle Rifle since the days of Halo 2. The gun has never worked for me, as the shots from the burst never seem to allign in perfection; they always seem to go everywhere but their target. It has always been this way for me, which is why when offered the choice of magnum(s) (Plural for Halo 2 and Halo 3) or the battle rifle, Magnums were the preferred choice for me. Either I hit my target or I did not, where as with the Battle Rifle, I had to hope to get lucky and have at least one of the bullets from the burst hit. I have always wondered how players always fired this gun in perfection, to have all three bullets allign in unison with one another. In my case, it takes more skill to use this gun compared to that of the other precision weapons.

On most other people’s cases however, I can agree with what you are saying. The only precision weapon in Halo 4 that I found that has a chance on it’s own to consistently keep up with the BR is the Carbine. With a DMR and Lightrifle, you have to use an Autosentry to keep up, or get the jump on the BR user.

On a funny note, did I forget to mention that the Halo 4 BR sounds like crickets when being fired? lol.

> 2533274849645270;1:

Hahahahaha… BR a noobie weapon?? Wrong! Just play Halo in Big Team Battle with a BR versus DMR or Light Rifle, you can not win on a long distance.
DMR is very easy to use & noone can kill you if he has a BR and if he’s far from you.
DMR & LR are the noob weapons, as the machinegun in Team Slayer 4 VS 4.
BR is the very weapon of Halo B|

> 2533274835115699;7:
> > 2533274849645270;1:
> > Just thought I would mention that the BR does not take more “Skill” to use when compared to the DMR. With the DMR you either hit or miss. With the BR people say that you need to group your shot in order for it to be effective, but that is not the truth of the matter. Honestly all the spread does with the BR is allow you to score a glancing hit in cases where you should have missed. Not only that, but it is accurate, fast, head shot capable, and it may be the most damaging rifle in the game. On top of that you don’t even need to land every bullet to pull off the 4 shot kill. Overall it is quite the noob weapon that a skilled player can easily abuse.
>
>
> Hahahahaha… BR a noobie weapon?? Wrong! Just play Halo in Big Team Battle with a BR versus DMR or Light Rifle, you can not win on a long distance.
> DMR is very easy to use & noone can kill you if he has a BR and if he’s far from you.
> DMR & LR are the noob weapons, as the machinegun in Team Slayer 4 VS 4.
> BR is the very weapon of Halo B|

The pistol is the weapon of halo. Any decent person with it can win.

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Just thought I would mention that the BR does not take more “Skill” to use when compared to the DMR.
> …
> Honestly all the spread does with the BR is allow you to score a glancing hit in cases where you should have missed.
> …
> On top of that you don’t even need to land every bullet to pull off the 4 shot kill.

• I agree that a weapon that is hit-or-miss is more punishing and therefore takes more skill than a weapon that allows for partial damage for partial misses.
  • I also agree that Halo 4’s 11-bullet-kill BR makes it easy to use (and, by extension, this wouldn’t be a big deal at all if kills required the full 12 bullets).
  • However, Halo 4’s DMR also has a higher red reticle range, which means aim assist benefits kick in at longer ranges.
  • Therefore, I believe that if the Halo 4 BR was scaled back to require all 12 bullets to kill, they would both be equally noobified. The only reason the DMR would “take more skill” is because the BR only requires 11 bullets to kill.

Long range the DMR should beat the BR. Short range the BR should beat the DMR. Mid range the DMR reticle is red (more aim assist) where the BR most likely wont. There is a reason why MLG/tournaments have people us the BR rather than the carbine/DMR.

I agree, all you do is shoot 3 times ANYWHERE on the body, then pop off a headshot.

> 2533274882999606;11:
> I agree, all you do is shoot 3 times ANYWHERE on the body, then pop off a headshot.

Well, 1 vs 1 against me in Ragnarock, you BR, me DMR, & you will see which weapon is the noobie one!

Personally it doesn’t matter that the BR takes less skill but the fact that I can still fire some hate down range with my DMR and be effective at all ranges. DMR > all.

> 2533274805712917;9:
> - Therefore, I believe that if the Halo 4 BR was scaled back to require all 12 bullets to kill, they would both be equally noobified. The only reason the DMR would “take more skill” is because the BR only requires 11 bullets to kill.

Or in other words the differences between BR and DMR become quite irrelevant in regards to discussing skill when the weapons and gunplay in H4 do not require that much skill in the first place anyway.

Neither takes more or less skill. DMR is a long range weapon. BR is medium. BR technically should win every time at medium range likewise vice versa at long.

The only downfall to the BR, would have to be distance (compared to the DMR). It takes a good aim to hit someone with the BR across Complex on SWAT; but the DMR can reach virtually anywhere.

What you all talking about? The dmr is the biggest noob weapon to use. It’s nearly impossible to miss with the dmr. The br takes more skill because you actually have to aim with it. You miss one burst with the br your screwed. Br a noob weapon? Haha yea if I sucked with the br I would use the dmr to. You kids should stay in reach if you think the br is a noob weapon. Last I checked with the br you have to use true precision as for the dmr you just aim and shoot and you’ll hit your target with dmr almost every time.

People get so hot and bothered about how the BR is so cool and how it takes so much skill to use. All I’m saying: It only takes one more shot than the OP CE Pistol to score a kill, so…

DMR in h4 doesn’t take skill. In fact it’s easier to use than the BR, since u only have to land 1 single shot and not a burst. Though it became less powerful than the BR after the weapon update…
Halo Reach DMR takes skill to use, though the excessive amount of bloom in reach is questionable.

In Halo 2, I used it…but I didn’t have LIVE back then. It was better back then because it required more skill than nowadays because everyone ran faster and there was the SMG. Now, the DMR is WAY better. It does a lot of damage over range, so it is quite the weapon, especially in SWAT.