BR streamers are view hungry clowns

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So I’ve seen so many videos of streamers who only have streamed warzone battle royale for past 2 years are starting to piss halo fans off! (Myself included)

If they really want it they can go make it in forge! That’s what forge is for after all, right?

what are other peoples opinions on this?

Halo needs to survive on its own two legs before leaning on other franchises.

I understand their concerns about Halo not having a BR mode due to it being less stream friendly.

Depending on population and support levels I would be fine with a Halo BR. I prefer arena though on most games.

> 2533274801036271;3:
> I understand their concerns about Halo not having a BR mode due to it being less stream friendly.
>
> Depending on population and support levels I would be fine with a Halo BR. I prefer arena though on most games.

Halo (in its current form) wouldn’t really work well from a BR standpoint.

What makes BR so compelling (especially for twitch viewers) is the idea that one or a few can survive over many, 1 vs 100, team of 3 versus 20 other teams, etc.

Because Infinite is only going to have a 24 player limit I just imagine it being way less fun to watch, because the chances of you favorite streamer winning is very high comparatively. Also Halo doesn’t really have strong enough team based mechanics (like Apex) to be good for a squad based BR, and as far as a solo BR is concerned Halo might be better off (think about the huge FFA history in Halo) but its not as compelling as Fortnite I don’t imagine.

BR mode can work in Halo, needs a higher player limit, and good forgers to make it into a reality I believe. There are a few games that attempted a BR mode and it failed miserably, so no reason to believe it’ll be gangbusters in Halo Infinite.

Look, I personally try to stay away from polarized points of view. BR streamers have the right to think the way they do, but after Dr. Disrespect’s recent remarks? I’m not sure what to think.

I don’t know what other streamers have said thus far, so I’ll just base my two bits on the latter.

In contrast to what Disrespect thinks, I don’t think that Halo Infinite- as a game- will die without a battle royale. Arena-style shooters might have comparatively smaller viewership, but with intensifying HCS efforts and generally positive press? I don’t think he’s entirely correct.

And you aren’t wrong about Forge, either. From what I’ve been led to believe, it’s entirely possible to host or create a “Battle Royale” mode locally from Custom Games via Forge.

Halo should always be the trend setter, not the trend follower.

Disrespect in 2021, oh nonononono

> 2533274845983347;4:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> >

I agree, I think a BR in halo would ruin the game as it would introduce variants of weapon again (makes me sick) and make halo uneven and unbalanced, a ar should have the same strength for all players!!

on variant I think if they are in the game it should be 100% cosmetic

Honestly I choose to ignore such “influencers” all they want is Battle Royal and nothing else because it gives them views. Halo will do fine without them if they choose not to play.

I can’t stand BR and I can’t wait for this trend to end tbh.

people need to realize that streamers (especially big ones) really are trying to make a living and keep that living stable. Streamers like Tim, Dr Disrespect and so on make their living on BRs. If they see Halo gaining traction and is a potential source of revenue, they will push for something they make money off of to be included. In this context, its a BR. That way, they can ride the Halo wave while also mainting the BR viewership. They would benefit from both camps.

Unfortunetly, this has resulted in them dismissing any product that does not allow for them to do that. Personally, I say ignore them and move on. Do I think a BR will be made eventually? maybe. But I think 343 needs to get their home made first before looking for expansions. It seems like they are, but we have to wait for launch first.

> 2533274865725465;8:
> > 2533274845983347;4:
> > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > >
>
> I agree, I think a BR in halo would ruin the game as it would introduce variants of weapon again (makes me sick) and make halo uneven and unbalanced, a ar should have the same strength for all players!!
>
> on variant I think if they are in the game it should be 100% cosmetic

Just so you know, weapon variants are already confirmed to be in Infinite, that being said it doesn’t mean uneven starts or anything.

"Am I wrong for thinking that games did just fine before Battle Royal came along, and that it’s entirely unnecessary for a game to be successful (see every game that did well before BR came along, including many Halo games)?

No.

It’s the children who are wrong."

  • Seymour Butts. Super Nintendo. 1995.

Seriously though, clamouring for BR as the only chance a game has shows a stunning lack of imagination and critical thinking. Games have done very well without BR. You don’t need to selotape it on to everything, like some mangled, inconsistent and entirely confused Frankenstein’s monster. We’re not suddenly in some new era where BR is to games what Slicing was to bread.

I could be wrong. Maybe the hundreds of thousands of people that enjoyed games just fine before BR, and still do, are so apocalyptically eclipsed by a ravening BR horde of younger players (and those who inexplicably derive all their experiential validity through the watching of streamers), that our varied interests are as dust in their significance to wider gaming population.

But I don’t think that’s the case, any more than I think people who like BR are struggling with basic problem solving, or a homogeneous gestalt of BR induced psychosis - some folks like BR. Some folks don’t. Some folks really like BR and watching streamers. Or are streamers. More power to them. But their opinions carry about as much weight as my own. Which is to say, jack diddly squat.

Halo is better than fad chasing. It’s not a weak concept that needs to thrash loudly in the latest hotness, to be relevant or pull a crowd. This is freaking Halo.

Personally, I’d be greatly relieved if those streamers (and it sure as heck isn’t all, or even most of them) who are high on the smell of their own farts, could just chill out and let Devs do their own thing, without trying to behave like they have some grand insight. I could start a stunningly tedious podcast or stream tomorrow, leaning on decades of thumb twiddling gaming experience, it doesn’t mean I’m suddenly the Messiah of gaming with some incredible insight and my finger on the pulse of what all one of my viewers (hi dad), are thinking and feeling.

Now excuse me, I have to go write an essay about how happy I am that the Thruster Pack is still a thing, and how wrong anyone who disagrees with me is.

Because I. Am a Yelper.

You’re correct, they are. But that doesn’t make them wrong. Why did Halo 4 and 5 lose 90% of their populations after a month or 2? I’d say because the games were released incomplete. Its not looking too promising for infinite right now either.

> 2570804787293416;13:
> Halo is better than fad chasing. It’s not a weak concept that needs to thrash loudly in the latest hotness, to be relevant or pull a crowd. This is freaking Halo.

Halo has literally been “fad chasing” since Reach. How else would you explain sprint, AA’s, Bloom, no-descope in H4, ect. They’ve been trying and it hasn’t worked.

> 2535408243184272;15:
> > 2570804787293416;13:
> > Halo is better than fad chasing. It’s not a weak concept that needs to thrash loudly in the latest hotness, to be relevant or pull a crowd. This is freaking Halo.
>
> Halo has literally been “fad chasing” since Reach. How else would you explain sprint, AA’s, Bloom, no-descope in H4, ect. They’ve been trying and it hasn’t worked.

Developing and evolving isn’t fad chasing though. As the medium develops, technology advances, and with it, expectations around interface and input. I love CE, but playing it feels like one hand is tied behind my back by what is now, outdated movement mechanics and responsiveness.

> 2535408243184272;14:
> You’re correct, they are. But that doesn’t make them wrong. Why did Halo 4 and 5 lose 90% of their populations after a month or 2? I’d say because the games were released incomplete. Its not looking too promising for infinite right now either.

Not looking too promising? Agree to disagree on that one.

As to why Halo 4/5 lost so much population so early, so fast, I’d suggest that they both suffered from listening to loud voices that didn’t represent the wider fan base. When the “next big thing” crowd moved on, they reworked both games and ended up delivering a better experience which folks with more investment stuck around for.

But that’s just my take. I’d say it’s a symptom of the same thing OP is talking about: Streamers, and their opinions, are (I suspect) not representative of the fan base majority, in much the same way MLG and comp teams aren’t.

> 2570804787293416;16:
> > 2535408243184272;15:
> > > 2570804787293416;13:
> > > Halo is better than fad chasing. It’s not a weak concept that needs to thrash loudly in the latest hotness, to be relevant or pull a crowd. This is freaking Halo.
> >
> > Halo has literally been “fad chasing” since Reach. How else would you explain sprint, AA’s, Bloom, no-descope in H4, ect. They’ve been trying and it hasn’t worked.
>
> Developing and evolving isn’t fad chasing though. As the medium develops, technology advances, and with it, expectations around interface and input. I love CE, but playing it feels like one hand is tied behind my back by what is now, outdated movement mechanics and responsiveness.
>
>
> > 2535408243184272;14:
> > You’re correct, they are. But that doesn’t make them wrong. Why did Halo 4 and 5 lose 90% of their populations after a month or 2? I’d say because the games were released incomplete. Its not looking too promising for infinite right now either.
>
> Not looking too promising? Agree to disagree on that one.
>
> As to why Halo 4/5 lost so much population so early, so fast, I’d suggest that they both suffered from listening to loud voices that didn’t represent the wider fan base. When the “next big thing” crowd moved on, they reworked both games and ended up delivering a better experience which folks with more investment stuck around for.
>
> But that’s just my take. I’d say it’s a symptom of the same thing OP is talking about: Streamers, and their opinions, are (I suspect) not representative of the fan base majority, in much the same way MLG and comp teams aren’t.

As far as outdated goes, I agree with you on CE. But I play MCC everyday, H2C and H3 are still better than every “modern” game imo. The graphics might be outdated, but the gameplay is 100x better.

You’re right. We can agree to disagree on the second point. If Halo infinite was launching 100% complete, I would agree. I actually loved the gameplay (for the most part), but the lack of co-op, forge, the horrible challenge/progression system, just makes me not think so highly of the game currently.

I do 100% agree that the games (H4,H5,MCC) are so much better than release day. Which is awesome, but its just too little, too late. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

There are a lot of streamers who play all sorts of games on their streams.
There will be a lot of Infinite streamers even without a BR mode.

Have em make BR in Forge or go play your precious gametype.

Let the developers focus 110% on multiplayer content and don’t pull a part the dedicated Halo arena team for a gametype that will only be there because BR streamers want this precious gametype

Honestly, if they don’t want to play the game, it’s fine by me. If they’d just blow it off and make fun of it the whole time for not catering exactly to their needs as a streamer, even better if they never touch it. That lets content creators who actually give a -Yoink- about Halo to shine