BR starts should be the default in quick play

AR, Pistol starts just feels bad and doesn’t play well. it should be either BR, AR or BR, Pistol.

2 Likes

BR starts has ruined sandbox balance since Halo 2. Outside of competitive play where you need a single metric to clearly measure outcomes, there is no good reason for it other than “a BR makes it easier for me”.

4 Likes

No it shouldn’t. If you want br starts then play ranked.

4 Likes

No it shouldn’t AR starts are where it is at.

1 Like

It can be default, in ranked.

2 Likes

I agree with what people have been saying. It’s not balanced for new players if you start them with BR’s instead of the pistol and AR. It gives new players a chance to earn kills and actually enjoy the game instead of throwing them into the gauntlet if so many experienced players dominate them with the BR.

It would not be a wise decision to do this. If they wanted to, they could honestly add another quickplay game mode or custom feature to it where you play “precision slayer” and you start with BR’s. That right there would be a good solution to your issue.

2 Likes

Precision quick play would kill ranked. Just play ranked.

1 Like

How would it kill ranked? It’s basically practice to go into ranked and dominate there.

3 Likes

Because people who want br starts have no reason to play ranked. The exact same thing happened in MCC and now ranked is dead…

2 Likes

I guess i could see your point there too.

I absolutely disagree. AR starts keep casual just that. Casual. BR starts give a heavy advantage to sweaty players and take away from the experience of casual players. The pistol is a precision weapon like the BR and it is available at start for those who favor precision weapons.
If BR starts are what you need to succeed, there’s a playlist available for that.

2 Likes

No it shouldn’t. BR starts forces everyone to use the BR and not play with the sandbox. Keep that in competitive as that needs a single metric to go off of. If you dislike the Pistol, use something else.

3 Likes

just play ranked bro that’s what i do

For quick play I very much disagree.

No, BR should not be a default weapon in quick play unless the mode is BR Slayer or Ranked

This gets a huge NOOOPE from me! This why there is a Social playlist and Ranked.

i wanna play not only Ranked with a BR other playlists also

I think they should leave it as is. Halo is about the sandbox and I think BR starts would diminish it. ‘Noobs’ would also get melted by the seasoned players. What we NEED is playlist selection (BTB BR’s, Team Slayer BR’s, SWAT, Objective Etc.)

Nah, that’s what competitive is for

AR is to strong. i got a BR support in head shots and the AR user got the kill,weird