BR Slayer

The new video had small snippets of gameplay footage. If you look in the bottom left hand corner, you can see that they’re playing BR Slayer. This means that in this gametype, all players will start with BRs (and likely one other weapon). There are at least two things we can take from this/

• We will see traditional gametypes returning.
  • The custom loadout system that has been mentioned will either be designed to work with gametypes such as this OR there will be gametypes where the feature is absent, if this is the case then we will likely see playlists where the feature is absent.

In the gif above you will likely also notice that medals are making a return, the HUD resembles Halo 3, the kill feed is smaller and less in your face.

> The new video had small snippets of gameplay footage. If you look in the bottom left hand corner, you can see that they’re playing BR Slayer. This means that in this gametype, all players will start with BRs (and likely one other weapon). There are at least two things we can take from this/
>
> - We will see traditional gametypes returning.
> - The custom loadout system that has been mentioned will either be designed to work with gametypes such as this OR there will be gametypes where the feature is absent, if this is the case then we will likely see playlists where the feature is absent.
>
>
> In the gif above you will likely also notice that medals are making a return, the HUD resembles Halo 3, the kill feed is smaller and less in your face and, <mark>what I found strange, the ammo counter didn’t go down.</mark>

Well it actually did go down.

I’ve been waiting for someone to notice this.
Wanted to see how things all… unfolded.
Evil Laugh

All the panic about that being a new scoring system was hilarious earlier, it does look like a new slayer-based gametype (and somewhat interesting) to me.

> What I found strange, the ammo counter didn’t go down.

You mean the one that says 93? That one goes down on reloading.

Does no one watch analysis videos except me?

BR Slayer looks like the points go up for each bullet that hits the enemy and bonus points for kills.

Frankie confirmed on NeoGAF that “classic” Halo will be returning. There will hopefully be a classic hopper right at launch so I can get my BR action on, and pick armor based on just aesthetics, like before.

> Does no one watch analysis videos except me?

The few.
The proud.

But, no need to watch analysis videos if you’re an analytic yourself, eh?

I noticed that the first time I watched the video, but the implications didn’t strike me until earlier today. What this means is that BR Slayer is a sub-gametype of Slayer, which means standard Slayer will likely be AR (or whatever the spawning weapon in Halo 4 is) starts. Great. Hear I thought they’d get their act together and make the competitive Halo experience the standard, but it’s gone into sub territory again. Argh -_-

I say this because BR starts was created to fix the imbalanced normal Slayer gametypes which were horrible for competitive play. If 343 fixed Halo 4’s normal Slayer mode so that it was fit for competitive play then there would be no need for the BR Slayer gametype. So either they just included BR Slayer as a bit of fan service or Halo 4’s normal Slayer is still a joke.

Upon closer inspection, I was wrong about the ammo counter as many of you have pointed out. I have removed that part of the OP.